Storing - MDPV storage

Discussion in 'Beta-Ketones' started by QGdoxl, Feb 18, 2007.

1. QGdoxl

QGdoxl Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    I was thinking of obtaing some MDPV and was wondering how to store this chem. Is water storage an option? assuming that it is oral does of course. Or possibly in high grain alcohol? Then if one wanted to try other admin methods one could evaporate the liquid off.

Any suggestions for swim?

2. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    MDPV - storage - ROTFLMAO. #;^)

sorry, couldn help it. seriously, pyrovalerones are not notoriously stable and as such, one would be prudent to forego solutions and store the poisonous nonconsumable in its original form, in a cool, dark, dry place.

3. QGdoxl

QGdoxl Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    Thanks much I will make sure to keep it dry, and I guess that means swim needs to get his scales back as he lent them to friend and thats why he asked about the liquid storage.

4. fastandbulbous

fastandbulbous Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Well y'know for the whole weekend that your 250mg lasts before being consumed in a frenzy of activity!

5. toe

toe Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Rate of MDPV degradation?

The only thread that seemed to touch upon this subject dealt with the topic of storing the Research Chemical once one had already acquired it. The general consensus was that this would be a non-issue; trial after trial have demonstrated that the majority of rats will continue pressing the pedal to self-administer the compound until the supply is totally depleted.

Hence, there should be no need to concern oneself with preventing degradation of the product between the of its arrival and the time of its disposal in the lab.

However, one issue that was not addressed was that of possible degradation before the Research Chemical reaches the hands of the eager researcher.

Thus, I have a hunch that many would be interested to learn about the rate of degradation of MDPV (& similar) while it is actually being stored. Presumably it would always be stored under ideal conditions before being shipped off for research purposes. As an optimist, I'd like to hear some proposals as to the rate of of degradation when stored in proper conditions.

• As a realist, I'm wondering how fast MDPV degrades kept in the toe of some dude's running shoe on top of the row of rear seats in his car.

6. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Re: Rate of MDPV degradation?

From anecdotal evidence, it can be derived that the substance tends to degrade at a rate dependent on contact with oxygen and moisture; however, you would likely need to contact a (current or former) seller to get a closer estimate. It's unlikely that there's any precise data on what you're looking for, at least among the data freely available online.

Best Regards,
    Biocellular Enigma (hello all, I have been away for a while on holiday and have acquired a new personal computer and internet service provider. Hope to chat with all of you soon!)

7. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    update. MDPV cannot be stored. regardless of quantity, the intrepid researcher will undoubtedly forgo to factor in such issues as: unipolar mania, tolerance, friends and friends' tolerance. case in point - a certain biorobot obtained what by all means should have been enough MDPV to last several lifetimes....suffice to say, to his horror, he discovered that MDPV radically disrupts the 'normal' flow of time and thus found himself with a sumtotal of 0.0mg MDPV in this very incarnation, rather very much sooner than the apriori calculations led him to believe.

so hearing of his travails, i concluded, and thus contend that MDPV defies best planned attempts at medium to long term storage.

8. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Not everyone is that compulsive. SWIM always measured out the nightly dose and made the rest inaccesible. Once I got some sleep at comedown, the compulsion for more abated... however, with the vial in easy reach, it is not hard to be licking the stopper by the end of the night so as not to miss any crumbs. Sorta like looking for crack rocks in the carpet.

9. Paul Shroom1

Paul Shroom1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from U.K.
    Does MDPV turn in to a clear liquid gel or resin type substance if left in the open air?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  10. NeuroChi

NeuroChi is not his mind Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Damn...

Anyone else have some information on this topic?

11. Paul Shroom1

Paul Shroom1 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from U.K.
    Dus it take in the moisture from the air?

12. NeuroChi

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I believe so.

There has been word of storing it in distilled water with % NaCl. Does anyone suspect this would let it keep longer?

Another method would be in gelatin capsules. Do they let in air at any rate significant enough to degrade the MDPV?

13. hX_

hX_ Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I find its easy to not use all his stash of MDPV, he buys 100mg at a time and does it no more than twice a month, generally sub 5mg doses each time.

He never had any problems with degradation over a two month period except for when he mixed it into an energy drink and forgot about it for a few weeks. He then drank the bottle and felt nothing.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
    1. 3/5,
      easy to not do what? please explain.
      Mar 19, 2010
  14. NeuroChi

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    MDPV is incredibly difficult to handle - a friend of mine is in need of suggestions on handling this substance which resembles statically charged, powdered chalk.

15. hX_

hX_ Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Very good point, SWIM usually picks it up by stabbing the "clumps" of the substance with a needle and uses that to move/transfer the powder.

16. Mullicious

Mullicious Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    SWIM heard it degrades fairly quickly when exposed to the air, so SWIM stores it in the baggy, sealed as airtight as possible.

17. soer

soer Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    met a stranger at a concert who heard of someone who stored MDPV for 3 months in the same plastic baggie it came in ... the person used it once in a while and would store it in a box at room temp out of light but the bag had been torn a bit so oxygen was able to get in, more so than if the bag had remained sealed... after 3 mo's, the stuff still worked but there was less craving bw doses and less mania overall - the effects were more calm, the person said. i cant report on anything more detailed than that so take it as one will