Dose - MDPV without a scale...

Discussion in 'Beta-Ketones' started by Nicaine, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    SWIM ordered 100mg of MDPV HCl and is going to have to make do without a scale. So he got this idea:

(1) Divide the powder into four equal portions of 25mg. I believe he can be accurate down to 25mg (using a lot of care) by comparing the levels of powder in four equal-size clear gelcaps.

(2) For a given 25mg portion, divide into four "equal" portions of 4-8mg (safe dosages, whether they fall toward the bottom or top of the range).

Barring the above as still too risky, how about just dissolving the 100mg into 100ml of dh2o, and using 1ml/mg either orally, intranasally or rectally. This would be the safest method, and SWIM figures it would be as accurate as weighing powder with a scale, maybe even better. The water could potentially be evaporated to retrieve powder, if desired.

Which of the above would You recommend?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2006
  2. Djvr16

Djvr16 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That is assuming that vendor sent 100mg exactly. That vendor is very good, but also people do make mistakes and a few people recieved over and under weight. Why not just buy a scale????

3. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Because I would want a good one, and they cost a bundle. He doesn't buy RC's often or regularly enough to justify it.

SWIM consulted with the vendor and is going to use the water ml/mg conversion method. They said there may be an up to 10% uncertainty due to how they measure, but that's not much at low mg doses (e.g. 10% of 5mg is 0.5mg, no problem either direction).

4. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    I would certainly not recommend the first method. The second method is accurate if stirred well. However some of the MDPV will be lost (attached to the sides)
    The possession of a good scale, will make most researchers happy for years. Something certainly worth skipping a substance purchase for.

5. Cuberun

Cuberun Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Europe
    hehe in the case of mdpv that would be 5 skips :)
    swim picked up a 0.01g scale for methylone for $15 on ebay though. so in that case it was well worth it. he's not really into any of the substances which require more precision.

6. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    MDPV is active orally in amounts as low as 5mg, so I don't think anyone has any business messing around with it without a scale and pretending it's safe.

I know that You has a fairly reliable source but nonetheless mistakes happen. If You must proceed without a scale I could only say use the liquid method You mentioned.

7. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    its like beer - everyting goes better with beer, so everything goes better with a scale.

8. sol_adore

sol_adore Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    The problem with the water technique is that MDPV degrades rather rapidly when in solution, so if I use the pre-weighed 100mg and accurately measures and ingests 10mg.. you can see where im going with this.. 90mg would have been wasted (assuming no re-dosing)

PS: first post here, hello everyone :)

9. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    When looking at the severe consequences of MDPV overdose, i find it hard to imagine why one would not use a scale.
    However, what amazes me even more is people who go trough their overdose hell and then blame the compound, instead of their own foolish actions.

10. lewk

lewk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    When a mate of mine got his MDPV from a vendor, there was an extra 2g in there.. just as a gift, so definitely be careful.

11. gavlaaa

gavlaaa Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think he overdosed. this doesn't feel like an upper anymore. I feel like a zombie. his own fault though. I will definately read up on it next time before snorting 2 big lines of it

12. benzup!

benzup! Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    the same for swim. he ordered 3.4g of MDPV from a vendor who offered to sell in specific quantities. this was all I could afford at the time, but when he received his bag, it actually was labelled 4g and when weighed, reflected this. Swim can only assume the vendor thought the hell with it, 'ive got so much to shift it'll be a waste of time and money to weigh this one out exactly, ill just give him 4g instead'. this also happened when swim purchased an ounce of lidocaine, the vendor just wrote on the top of the received bag, '28g + 20% extra courtesy on your order'.

cashback!

13. hX_

hX_ Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Glad to say I had his first mg scale weighed dose of MDPV today! Before he weighed 100mg on 0.01g scales and eyeballed from there =/

my now weighing 10 mg and eyeballing 2 lines from it. Far safer but the amount he was using before, aiming for 3mg, he estimates would compare to about 7-10mg when he sees it weighed now, and he thought he was being extremely careful.

He only used it once every couple of months one line at a time tho.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010