Health - medical complications on cocaine?

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by drew_2, Apr 16, 2006.

1. drew_2

drew_2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    so im courious if any SWIM's have had serious medical problems with cocaine use. i know of some of the "normal" ones..

increasing irritability, restlessness, paranoia, chaotic heart rhythms, accelerate heartbeat and breathing, increase blood pressure and body temperature, chest pain, nausea, blurred vision, fever, muscle spasms, convulsions and coma...and i think i remember nerve damage from somewhere...if anyone is a little more knowledgable about these your input would be very helpful

just curious because I was on it heavily for about 4-5 weeks using every day and 2 days after SWIM stoped using he smoked some hyrdo(one hit) and the left side of his face and his left arm went numb and he just stared feeling very confused like he didnt know what was going on...now this sounds like a stroke to me, but im not completely sure. I have seen docs and they send him to other docs, as usual. He saw a neurologist who scheduled a MRI. He had a MRI(brain scan) 3 days ago and is currently waiting for the results. If anyone has any info or knows a good site about how cocaine affects the brain what could cause this to happen or has had any similar experiences im sure I would appreciate our help.

2. Ant-Man

Ant-Man Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It effects the young and healthy

I had been using daily for 8 months, very limited alcohol or any other narcotic use during this time. I was eating regularly and staying active, there was never so much as a common cold during this time. SWIM stopped one morning because SWIM woke up in a pool of drool and urine. The right side of my face was paralized along with other controling muscles internally. SWIM recovered, fully, after almost 6 months. This incident occurred 15 years ago, has never happened again (Even with self abuse) and does not have any lasting negative effects. The only explanation/guess, given by the DOCs for this, was due to extended use of cocaine. I have never since used for that long of a period, however, I have since and is currently engaged in a lengthy excursion.
    Keep your head up, they will get better.:)