Medical Marijuana /Risperdal

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by Donmeka, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I got Risperdal prescribed to himself a week or so ago and he want to try and get a medical marijuana license in my state because it seems to balance SWIM out and good for the side effects of the anti psychotic. I know how about to get a the medical license but he just wants to ask the communitys veiw on marijuana combined with risperdal for my diagnosis of schizophrenia/high anxiety w/ mild depression. will the MJ be bad w/ the risperdal in anyway basically is what i am asking? can SWIM smoke and take his medication and maintain a healthy lifestyle if he is personally able to do so, or is it good to give up on MJ for treatment.

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Only I know if cannabis exacerbates the symptomology from the diagnosis he has recieved. If pot makes him more ill, then yes - quit the pot. If not, there won't likely be any worsening of symptoms with the new med in combination. If the symptoms worsen and SWIM stops the pot and still the symptoms are worse, then I should point his finger at the risperidal.

There is some, albeit still limited, information on risperidal in this forum:

https://drugs-forum.com/forums/132

Hopefully SWIM can add more to this forum later on.

3. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    ya SWIM read the risperdal threads and have done some research himself on other sites. he has been observing his mental and physical state almost all the time to see how the drug might be working or noticing side effects. I don have much fear for the risperdal since he hasnt had bad side effects his worry s just about the weed effecting his medication negatively in the long run. atm though MJ seems to settle SWIM perfectly.

4. stoneinfocus

stoneinfocus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Swid seems a bit paranoid about the weed, if it does him good, as he mentioned, so maybe the risperdal is shitty? *lol*

no, just kiddin, find out what works best for swid, and if weed is making swid feel betterit wouldn´t be wrong to use it with the r.

Swim thinks the whole thing is bogus meds anyway, attacking at the wrong place, like wearing shoes one size too small to forget the other problems of the world.(or of the mind/body whatsoever)

You can´t alter ones indivdual mind by meds like taking insuline to replace a secretory organs product for a rahter "mechanical" , physical thing, and then tryin´doing this to a mind, for a whole lifetime at best .... no, no, no that´s a waste!Drugs should be taken to underline a state of mind or to soften it and only as a supplemental mean to develop an individualisitc, free minded, natural person that has its nature uninfluenced by any of societys deprivated bullshit confronting you.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  5. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    drugs have done that for SWIM and his personality. i totally agree with you.

and nah I amnt paranoid about the weed, its just that my 1st psych said if he didnt quit smoking he couldnt treat him. so i wanted a REAL opinion/

not only do i believe thats unbelievable for a psychiatrist to say. SWIM realized he was all govt bullshit because he never answered my question which was exactly what you said "If it helps and evens me out whats the problem? if i can go through my life as i please and live happily where is the problem?" the psychiatrist just repeated himself and did not answer my question. trying to push future lessons (2hr drive) and psychotherapy with medication. I said that more meds wont be needed because he hasnt felt this "normal" in a good while. but again the psych repeats himself and doesnt directly answer my question.

SWIM explained how the risperdal has been positive and he is pleased with the results but that the side effects show up here and there and that they werent too bad but that once and a while injesting THC would calm SWIM down and he would be "normal"

so I will be getting a psych reccomendation from the medical mj doc out where he lives and he will explain everything to him with honesty and what happened with the last psych.

6. stoneinfocus

Reputation Points:
    Yeah, what happened to him ?:) ^^

I feltridcioulusly good 2 days after quitting r and just inhaling from a roach once.*lol*(not to say it was the roach only, that made him feel this good and with a very low dose rthat I think wouldn´t even be detectable in a coarse test for THC)

I would be rather concerned about longterm sides of risperdal, I think it fucks-up brain chemistry profoundly and longlasting like for years and no end in sight, ... which is plain to see if you look what it does to catecholamines and dopamine in the brain which are the only ones we´ve got for feeling joy, livelyness and good sex.

7. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I dont want to be on reisperdal for too long, but for now mj seems to crub the short term side effects well. this is just the beginning of my anxiety treatment.

8. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
  9. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    IN short I went from being afraid to more open and from being afraid he was crazy since he was quite young to being somewhat comfortable with it and more calm. through all my days overall he regrets nothing and feels like a whole new better person now. plus his medication has been doing an overall good for him.

I will either go to the doctore for the legal license or do what his psych say and take celexa with the r. I did that today for the first day and is not going to smoke for 2 weeks to see how the celexa works. if I feel they work fine he will maybe smoke once every week or 2. SWIM always studys himself and state of mind so he trys to feel a good balance.

10. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    regardless I will be finding a psych down here open to MJ and talk with him and get his opinion.

11. stoneinfocus

Reputation Points:
    I meant the doc.^^
    to swim this has done steroids and occasional use of amphetamines, cocaine, heroine, benzos... .
    Swim thinks that this is a much more natural way to deal with anxiety and brain chemistry.

Everyone must have his own way to get better and take the action, so you´re on the right way, hope no irreversable damage will be done to you and you´ll get better, then again, life´s short, so not too much to worry about, anyway.

12. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    lol cheers m8