Medical Questions Answered Here

Discussion in 'Opiates & Opioids' started by gremlin182, Oct 16, 2005.

1. gremlin182

gremlin182 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have access to SWIM who knows, well, ALOT, of medical info. Already I have helped with urinary retention questions, and artery/vein issues. So Please feel free to have your medical questions all posted here and answered by a professional, indirectly of course.

2. strayer2189

strayer2189 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hey gremlin

I have been snorting hydrocodone for a year on and off about two
    maybe three times a month but recently have been using 3 maybe 4 times
    a week. SWIM hurt his back and has been going to rehab. The doctor
    didnt prescribe anything but hes been taking 2 10/500 by mouth before
    games to help with the pain. SWIM's question, would it help more to
    snort or to continue taking orally, the pain is alot milder almost
    completely gone but after games it is extremely painful. SWIM's
    phisical theropist says the pain will go away eventually w/ theropy but
    is just something hes gonna have to live w/

thanks

Strayer

3. gremlin182

gremlin182 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well, if I could get a medical diagnosis of you SWIM's back problem that would be helpful. Did the back injury occur recently? Was SWIM using HC before the injury, or only after?

Snorting any drug allows for instant transfer of the drug to th bloodstream, and crossing of the blood-brain-barrier (BBB) at the top of the front sinus. So if you snort HC, you wil get a rapid rush of pain killer, but because the drug by passes the liver, which metabolizes all drugs normally. But the amount that lingers on your mucous membranes n your sinus (insode of nose) is all the drug you are going to get, and plus all the binders of the pill physically blocking the drug from actually touching you membranes. Taking the pills orally will give you a much longer effect, but not as 'intense' as if you snorted. That is how the pill was meant to be taken, after all.

So I would take the pills orally, convince your MD of why you need narcotic pain relief (PM me for more details on that) and keep a bit of power pills lying around so when the pain is really bad, you can snort for maximum pain relieving effect.

Re: what your PT said about your pain, if you can PM me with a diagnosis, that would help. Perhaps he is wrong. And how did you get injured?

Plus, snorting over the long term is terrible, as with coke heads, eventually you will erode the membranes, maybe even put a hole in your septum. Tired, going to bed, PM me later.

4. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Hey gremlin your PM's Are full so i wrote here:

-------------------------------------------------------

Ok that was complicated i just meant could i take the two which im gueessing i can :).

Ok here it is who prescribed me what and how much:

GP:

Diazepam - 5-10mg when pain is suffered

Codeine Phosphate - 30-60mg When pain is suffered

Tramadol Hydrochloride 50-100mg when suffered

He says to combine the Diazepam with the others if need be but not to combine tramadol and codeine.

N.B. He says that he doesnt want to prescribe me anything stronger without the go ahead from a consultant. He also referred me to a consultant when i said the pain was unbareable even with the drugs supplied.

Consultant:

Amitriptyline 10-50mg To be increased from 10mg to 50mg in a space of 3 weeks. Im currently taking 30mg stepping up to 40 in two days time.

Consultant says use the codeine or tramadol to deal with the pain for now.

Im scheduled to have alot more tests but no more drugs as of yet. From my experience the tramadol works for my pain but not that effectivly, the codeine works wonders for it and stop me feeling it. Amitriptyline has done fuck all so far and diazepam just seems to exentuate the effects of codeine or tramadol.

Any other stuff feel free to ask me

Pete

Edit: p.s. feel free to PM the answer backEdited by: Fantasian

5. blindpanda_eric

blindpanda_eric Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Fairly simple question, however I haven't found much insight into
    it. Could taking in the range of 400mg to 500mg diphenhydramine
    per day for about a week do any immediate or long term harm?

6. gremlin182

gremlin182 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It will make you really drowsy, but in your case, if you stop all at once, you may get wired for a few days, and not be able to egt to sleep!

7. blindpanda_eric

Reputation Points:
    Yea, the not be able to get sleep thing is fine with me, I am going to
    get off it all at once on a weekend, so it shouldn't effect my school
    life. I'm just worried that I've done damage to my liver or
    stomach.

8. gremlin182

gremlin182 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Nope, teh liver can regenerate from 90% damaged, teh stomach can get ulcers that wont heal, but if you're young, that should heal too, provided you stop whatever it is you are doing to hurt yourself.

9. blindpanda_eric

Reputation Points:
    Alright, great. Thanks a ton :)

10. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    OK two quick ones?

Sometimes after taking a heavy dose my urine is slightly darker and has a froth to it? is this bad?

In the order of opiates from weakness to strongest what order does it go?

11. gremlin182

gremlin182 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Opiate act as a diuretic (dehyrate you) so uringe is darker as there is less free water in the urine, and the same amount of metabolic by-products. The froth I hope you are seeing in the bowl, and not in a sample of urine you are collecting in a sample cup. In the bowl itsjust a reaction of the stronger conc. of urine reacting withthe bacteria and other minerals in the bowl rim. If its not, you may have a problem, need more input.

Hydrocodone

(Tramadol) Technically not classified as an opiate but still acts at teh opiod receptor, prob will be controlled substance in a few years.

Oxycodone

Demerol

Morphine

Dilaudid

Heroin

Fentanyl

Su-fentanyl

Remi-fentanyl

--Some trade and Generic names mixed up in that list, goes from weakest to strongest.

12. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Where does codeine come on there?

Are they all used medically?

13. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Oh and lastly can you inject Tramadol IV?

14. gremlin182

gremlin182 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Codeine would go at teh top, the weakest.

Yes, you can inject tramadol IV, but as the binders in the pill are plentiful, you have to filter them out. Just use a cold water extraction, as the tramadol is more soluable than anything else in the pill mass. Your solution prior to injection should be completely clear, that is, just water and the tramadol (colorless), and please do use DISTILLED water when doing this process, its MUCH better for your body! than the tap water or 'purified' water that comes in bottles.

15. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Do you get the same rush with tramadol that you get with Morphene obviously not as strong when you inject it IV?

16. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    And whats the differance between Injecting Morphene IV and IM

17. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    **BUMP**

18. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever heard of someone IV'ing hydrocodone?

someone I knew said that when he was in rehab, there was a guy who IV'd lortabs by crushing them up, mixing in water, putting it all into an empty film canister and them swinging the canister round and round on a string (like a centrifuge effect) and then he'd suck the liquid off the top to inject.

anyone ever heard of this??

I wonder if he was just clearing out the chalky fillers or some of the tylenol as well??

thanks, shem

19. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    to answer the question: what's the difference b/n morphine iv and im?

IV means Intravenous--you shoot it into the vein, goes straight thru the heart, and into the brain.

IM means Intramuscular--you shoot a fluid collection into your muscle and the muscle will slowly release the contents of the shot into the bloodstream.

IV is definitely more dangerous. leads you more prone to serious infections like sepsis, cardiac vegetations (from bacterial infection), liver and lung "shotgun blasts" from chalk and talc fillers, and other problems. but iv has a rush.

IM is definitely safer. no chance of hitting an artery. no chance of losing a finger. less chance of getting sepsis and cardiac infections. instead, if you're not sterile, you will get local cellulitis; treatable with oral antibiotics. problem is that you won't get an immediate gratification as with IV.

one alternative to IV is putting the solution into a nose spray bottle and taking it in the nose, then lean forward to keep the solution up in the nose--and not dripping down the back of your throat. the longer it stays up in the nose, the quicker and better the absorption.Edited by: shemmy

20. gremlin182

gremlin182 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thus proving a little bit of medical knowledge is a DANGEROUS thing... All the fears you have of IV injection, your cardiac vegtations, and lung abcesses givng a "shotgun" appearance on chest films, are all caused by shooting street quality drugs mixed with tap water and MAYBE drawn up through a ball of cotton, which takes out only very large impurities.

You shoot the very same way IM, I guarentee an abcess formation as you have just placed foreign material into a closed space (your muscle fibers).

Now, get distilled water, prescription pills, then filter the solute thru cotton over an over, then finally thru some IV syringe filters going down to .22uM (that's microns for short, no one says micrometers) and you will not only filter out everything from talc to dirt, but bacteria as well, make that finally filtration go into a sterile sryinge, pop on a sterile needle, and you can shoot that all day long, cause if you were in an ER, you would get the same thing. Medical purity narcotics.

Riddle: What does the acronym OOOTTAFVGVAH mean?