menthol cigarettes and dex

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by giggles, Dec 7, 2005.

1. giggles

giggles Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hello all,,
    i realise this is a strange thing to ask,,i am 100% sure its real and not just in my head:D i have searched the internet but could not find one scrap of info so i thought i had best ask you lot:p ,,,,,

i have add and my dose of dexedrine is high (approved and allowed by doctor)
    it sits at around 18/20 tablets per day,,(3 doses of 6 and one dose of 2 tablets late evening if needed) all is well at these doses UNTILL,,,,,,,i smoke a menthol cigarette,,well the odd one is ok and i roll my own mostly but now and again i buy a pack of 10/20 as a treat and have noticed the same thing happen every time,,can anyone else can shed some light on this for me????

my dexedrine stops working if i smoke menthol cigarettes,,i have some benefit but it is very wishy-washy,,my focus goes awol and i find that hyperfocus takes its place and i end up walking round with my head up my arse getting nowhere,,i contacted celltech about a year ago and took the details and said they would look into this but i have not heard anything back from them,,

this has happened too many times to be my imagination but i have not found any info on the web to support this im stuck,,,,there is an interaction of some sort going on if dexedrine and menthols are in my system at the same time,,,i cant be just me and it cant be in my head because i only smoke menthols now and then (on average about 2 packs of 20 a month) and the result is the same each time,,

is there anyone who can relate to this sort of thing??

ive got a horrible feeling its just me :confused:

cheers
    giggles

2. sidewalkpharmacist

sidewalkpharmacist Newbie

Reputation Points:
  3. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    The way stimulants treat some one with ADD is that they raise ur neurochemical levels enough and for a short enough time that it makes u crash down below your set-point levels, therefore allowing u to be more calm and more focused. But when u smoke a cigarette containing nicotine, which is a stimulant like sidewalk said it brings ur levels back up to normal or above normal and cancels out the way the ADD meds work.