mescaline cactus: What does this mean?

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by Guest, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    "San Pedro and the other columnar mescaline-containing cacti are not specifically scheduled, but they contain the controlled substance mescaline. Mescaline is a Schedule I substance in the U.S. Because of their ubiquitous availability through nurseries and major plant vendors across the country, as well as in arboretums and on government property, simple possession of columnar mescaline-containing cacti with no intent to ingest is de facto legal. Sellers (or anyone) who represent the cactus as a source of mescaline or sell them for their psychoactive properties (for "getting high") are at far higher risk of prosecution. Any preparation of the cactus for ingestion would likely turn the plant into a clearly scheduled (illegal) material. We are not aware of any convictions for the possession or sale of non-peyote mescaline-containing cacti such as San Pedro, but this does not mean that the cacti are "legal", it just means that the cactus has not been considered a problem and is currently not treated as a controlled plant by the police.

For more information, see Discussion of the US Legal Status of Non-Peyote Mescaline-Containing Cacti."http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_law1.shtml

<a target="_blank" href= "http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_law1.shtml">br
    http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_law1.shtml</a>

Does this mean that at any time the government could make these plants illegal to posses, or anything like that?

2. manda

manda Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    I can just see the mad doctorstealthily guarding his cactus plants.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    MY mommy has some of those, Could i just go take a big bite and start tripping? I should make that a common street drug, people running around with cactus in their pickets, thatd be cool

4. teterev

teterev Newbie

Reputation Points:
    heh...Once I popped up at squat party with S.P. in my pocket,cutted and sliced previously at home.Every time I opened the jar with"something veggy"in order to take another bit,I've been trying to avoid that strange expression on the faces of partygoers standing next to me...

5. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    San Pedro in your pocket would not be enough to trip on. It takes pounds cut up and boiled down to produce enough for the high. You would not be able to eat enough raw cactus to produce the results you seek. Peyote is a different suject altogether.

6. teterev

teterev Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Gracias,amigo,probably I forgot to mention,that I was on acid,thou.Pardon! ;0]] I'm well aware of the potence of both S.P&peyote,and that 1/2 pound was not enough for any significant trip,but MESC-is not what I like'em for.Cacti contain many various alcaloids,which alsohelp to combat hunger and thirst in certain situations.When you will start extracting that fraction which is basic(in this case-mescaline),some other compounds will be decomposed.