1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - meth ingredients

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by Scolastica, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Scolastica

Scolastica Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hello to all of you

A friend of mine makes a movie about drugs (for real) and I'm helping with his research. We want to stage a crystal meth lab situation. What kind of ingredients would we need? I don't need a tutorial, we don't want to really make meth.
    Any kind of information would be highly appreciated.

love from switzerland :vibes: Scolastica

2. Halor

Halor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    This depends on what method your cooks are using - are they trailer trash cooks? Then maybe show them performing a makeshift shake and bake (google it).

Here is some information on the general methods to make it.

See, the scare tactic with Meth is the campaigns to say that addicts are slamming drain o or lye.. but those chemicals are simply used to purity the ephedrine and then chemically transform it into Meth.. So if done properly, you're not taking any horrible chemicals, and if you are they are in minimal amounts.

Some of these purifying chemicals can be...

Ammonium Nitrate
    100% Lye
    Coleman Camp Fuel
    Lithium strips (Get by cutting open Energizer AA Lithium batteries)
    NP Solvent
    Boxes 120mg 12-hour pseudoephedrine HCl (PSE).
    Iodized Salt
    Sulfuric Acid OR muriatic acid
    Denatured Alcohol or Isopropyl alcohol
    Distilled Water
    Red Phosphorus

3. Phenoxide

Phenoxide Super Moderator Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    If you're going to show the actors doing a "shake and bake" then you'll need a sizeable pyrotechnics budget for the subsequent lab explosion. It's generally regarded to be an extremely dangerous thing to do.

Let's not get too chemistry-orientated though please, otherwise this will have to move into the methamphetamine chemistry forum. Much as I loathe it OP could perhaps watch a few episodes of Breaking Bad to get some ideas on how to present a believable clandestine lab?

4. Ghetto_Chem

Ghetto_Chem Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Man its as simple as having vials and flasks filled with colored liquids. Thats what they always do in the TV shows. Unless the person watching actually knows what a lab looks like first hand they wont be able to tell, or care for that matter really.

Then have white powders and crystals placed on a scale. Distillation setup running. And something boiling on a bunsen burner LOL then your straight.

If its going to look more clandestine. An apt type setting with same thing only have the chemicals strewn everywhere just like a meth head would haha.

Peace

5. kailey_elise

kailey_elise Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I think the basic point could be put across if there's lots of boxes of generic Sudafed around (make sure it's not the PE kind - you'd need the boxes that are behind the counter @ the pharmacy) a couple boxes of matchboxes (don't have to really worry if they're the "right" kind, since it's for a movie) and, um...I'm not sure where the Iodine comes from in the RP/I method. Along with glass beakers or something & some coffee filters.

Regardless, why not just google/preferred search engine "methamphetamine recipe" & see what they use?

~Kailey

6. Scolastica

Scolastica Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thank you all for your informations it was really helpful!
    Thanks so much

7. freshboi

freshboi Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I know your video has probably already been made and this is probably unnecessary but if you want to understand the constituents of most drugs you just have to study the nomenclature and Methamphetamine ( which literally means N-Methyl-Alpha-Methyl-Phenyl-Ethyl-Amine ) Methyl -> methanol Phenyl -> benzene Ethyl -> ethanol Amine -> Ammonia This has a much simpler name which actually makes understanding the synthesis a lot less confusing.. N-Methyl Phenyl Propan-2-Amine but if i went any further in this discussion i might get killed..

8. highwheeler125

highwheeler125 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i was just wondering if you are able to use the 12 hour sudaphed as an ingrediant for meth. it has that coating on it. would that make a differance?