1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Meth or Amph purity test kits

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by cwwjnr, Apr 28, 2006.

1. cwwjnr

cwwjnr Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Gday guys
    Swim was wondering if there is a test kit available to test the purity of meth or amph?
    Swim would rather not do a wash for fear he might stuff it up, swim also googled fiercly and could only find test kits that bring up traces of the stuff and also found the ectasy testing kits that only show that the stuff is there but not purity
    anyhow any help would be great
    cheers

2. dallastx81

dallastx81 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Bleach test

Take a small cup of Clorox and drop in a pinch of meth. If it jumps around in the cup of bleach than it is good. I'm not sure the acuracy of this test but its the only one I have heard of.

3. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired

Reputation Points:
    One way to test the purity of your product is the melting point test.....

4. cwwjnr

cwwjnr Newbie

Reputation Points:
    k

Bleach? sounds interesting

melting point? anychance you could point swim towards a post which explains the process mate?

5. swamipremkavi

swamipremkavi

Reputation Points:
    The best one I know is to use a black fluorescent tube. Some people are aware of it, but few know how to use it properly.

6. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict

Reputation Points:
    Marquis and Simon's reagents (sold as "ecstasy"-testing kits) are both good tests for the presence of amphetamine and/or methamphetamine, though not necessarily the purity. Both will produce an identical result with Marquis, and while meth will react with Simon's, amphetamine will not.

7. l.nikon69

l.nikon69 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Probably wrong forum if so i appologize,
    Trouble ferret was testing some meyh with bleach test prior to getting it , hes used the same sample of bleach for awhile, he finally decided to stop being cheap, placing old bleach aside getting new to use, forgetting to throw out old, it sat gor a month or so when troubled came across the container it had a large chrystal at bottom any one have an idea as to what that crystal is, goodies or a biproduct of leach

8. Diverboone

Diverboone Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I have to ask, for those that recommend the bleach test, can you describe what causes this reaction to take place and on what scale do you determine purity? If you can then you should know that the bleach test may rule out some substances, but it is not fool proof. And in my opinion worthless as it is unable to show any factual % of purity, it's purely guess work.

The easiest way for average "Joe" to get an idea of the amount of worthless goods in his goody bag is to utilize the solubilities of desired product. And if necessary follow with melting point. If one is not capable of such a simple task I would highly recommend learning more about their product!

9. codeine kid

codeine kid Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    In reality the easiest way to test methamphetamine purity at home assuming you have no lab equipment is to simply put it in a pipe and smoke it. I'm not sure if that's you're think but since your asking I doubt that would be a problem. The way it vaporizes, tastes, and recystallizes are all good indicators of purity. But this also depends on how much experienced you have with smoking meth.

If your looking for an exact percentage of purity I can tell you there's no real simple method for that. I've tried many including the bleach test and it was basically all a waste of time.