1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Side effects - Meth Taste Still in Mouth

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by alpine, Sep 22, 2008.

1. alpine

alpine Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    SWIM hasn't smoked Ice in over 4 months and has only smoked it twice ever. The first time SWAM smoked he had a three day benge and the second time was only one evening of smoking. It is months later and SWIM has this problem where he burps or belches constantly and when he does he gets the taste of meth in his mouth. This has been daily for 4 months now... WTF?

2. SmokingBowls420

SmokingBowls420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Swim smoked that shit 3 days straight, just smokin gram after gram....Swim still tastes it every day, he still smells burnt pookie, he still smells that odd "theres a smell but no one else can smell it" faint smell from smoking meth......Swim thinks it's the meth tricking your brain since its the single most pleasureable thing as far as your mind is concerned, and since taste and smell are the biggest reminders of things.....Put 2 and 2 together. Your brain is probobly fooling itself that it's there.

3. alpine

alpine Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Maybe so... Maybe swim is scared that it is meth related so he is thinking it tastes like meth. Thanks...

4. TommyRowe

TommyRowe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    It had been a good 4 months in between uses for me. Do you have any cavities? Im looking into the correlation between cavities and still being able to taste it. I have a big hole in my tooth from when I broke it chewing on a water bottle cap. Up until a few weeks ago, 4 months after I smoke, I could suck the whole and still taste it.

Worst yet was the effects of snorting it. To this day, whenever I think about chopping up meth and snorting it, I can taste the taste and smell the smell and 9/10 I throw up. It sucks but it goes away after awhile. If its not gone in 6 months then you might as well start using again because that shit aint going away.

5. Jayhal

Jayhal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from taiwan
    Intriguing phenomenon. Does anyone have any idea about this? If this user is still around I'm curious to ask how long that went on for, and if they discovered the cause.

6. bigfatbaby

bigfatbaby Silver Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from Colorado
    Merman sometimes gets that tastes of meth in his mouth sometimes when he hasn't been smoking for a while too - he believes its like when you eat a certain food it reminds you of a certain place - its that same memory effect....maybe?

7. Jayhal

Jayhal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from taiwan
    The Flaming Rainbow thinks he occasionally tastes it or smells it too at random times. He's wondered, like you have just stated, if it's only some type of strange memory recall. Like remembering a taste; some type of gustatory flashback.

8. sykes

sykes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from Australia
    After day 2 your mouth begins to plump to this, best way to explain it, a homeless mans mouth.

9. tweakerman

tweakerman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    it is the same as a placebo effect, or psychosomatic illness, basically you enjoyed the high so much that you want to do it again. In your conscious mind you won't allow it. Your subconscious is trying to convince you to do it again by sending you a reminder. It's probably the hardest part, or so swim has been told, of putting it down. What you are experiencing is what would be an addict's "monster". Are you sure you have used meth twice only? If that's the truth, you should never use again. The symptoms will intensify as you become more addicted and dependent on the stuff. The psychosomatic taste should eventually fade and disappear all together over time. I would think that after 4 months clean, and having used only twice, you should have no residual effects. Stay off the meth, think about something else, un-bookmark this site and others related to meth, don't talk about the positive feelings you may have about it (romanticizing it makes it worse), and swim suggests Vick's Vapor Inhaler to ease the cravings. Vick's VI is l-meth, you won't get high but you trick your brain into thinking you did.

10. AceC

AceC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    This Meth shit is nasty. My tongue feels burnt and teeth feel like fungus. How do I get this taste outa my mouth.? I have been on oxy for a year now and Im using meth to help with the fatigue feeling after withdrawals. Meth definitely makes you not tired. But its a nasty bad drug. I hate the taste and the smell already. Makes me sick.

11. SynthFiend

SynthFiend Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from new_zealand
    That's interesting.. I have done meth 4 times in the space of a bit over a week, and yeah I got random tastes as well. But I didn't feel any desire to smoke it, just wanted to taste the taste. I think its a mechanism that is a part of addiction. I had a tutor once that used to be addicted to coffee, really strong stuff. He said he used to smell it all the time when no one else could. Its definitively psychological thing.

It can be re-triggered in my experience, I was cleaning my room once and found the container I used to kept it in. Wasn't have any taste flashbacks, I opened it up to take a sniff. Couldn't really remember the smell, but after that for a day or two I could randomly smell and taste it.
    Mmmmmm, love the taste.