1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

meth tolerance: how much time it takes?

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by arman, Jun 25, 2007.

1. arman

arman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM IVed meth on average once every 3 days, for about 20 days, now SWIM got some new meth and he is unable to get any rush from IVing it, SWIM doubts the quality to be lower, as he always get his meth from the same source. Plus this one one looks like the same as before.

So, SWIM wants to ask if anyone knows usually how much time it takes to develop a tolerance that you don't get rush anymore. Actually SWIM got a 5 day break from meth, to see if the rush gets back or not, with absolutely no change in effects. So SWIM's next question is, how much time it takes for the tolerance to diminish?

SWIM really doubts if someone can develop a real tolerance from using meth once every 3 days. any idea?

2. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM can get a rush at about day 2-3 after last week, but it wont be that great, he found 4 days to be fine and back to normal.

Tolerance for SWIM usally developes the first time no matter how long hes been doing it.

For instance if its SWIMS first time in 6 months tweakin on friday and wont get a rush if he tweaks 10 hours later.

SWIM found 8-15 hours atleast to get anything out of it, and thats with a nearly doubled dose.

3. arman

arman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM thinks there should be 2 kind of tolerance, the first one is the quick tolerance which develops after each use and someone should wait some hours before trying again. the second one is the tolerance that developes with heavy frequent use, which may take longer to get back to normal.

But SWIM had a 5 day break which is enough for quick tolerance to fade away, plus, SWIM used it once every 3 days, so there should not be any long tolerance build-up. So SWIM guess there is something wrong with his meth.

4. noobadooba

noobadooba

Reputation Points:
    Theres nothing wrong with it, tolerance is still gonna build if you use every 3 days. Just not as fast. D'you think your body is totally recovered in those 2 days you take off?

5. cyndi

cyndi R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    In swim's opinion, and also proven medically, the chemicals do alter your brain for life. With more and more use tolerance builds up very rapidly with this drug. It is different for different people also. Also several factors should be considered, purity, what was it cut with, and how much cut is in it. If swiy is asking about euphoria, for swim personally maybe a couple of hours tops, plateaus, takes another hit, then more, then tweak out time. Basically to try to achieve the initial euphoria but manages to get the insanity instead.

6. methMADMAN

methMADMAN Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Swim used to use 3x daily, and tolerance built like rabbits multiply.

7. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    lol no shit?

anyways SWIM has expirenced a loss of magic (not but by much) even if i take a few week breaks... it still feels near the same but the rush is deminished a little i have noticed.

8. arman

arman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    thanks good info, SWIM usually can't wait few weeks cause there is some meth there waiting for SWIM. SWIM usually breaks the rest after a week or 10 days at most. SWIM thinks the planets should align correctly to get the best rush ;)

9. dogzz

dogzz R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    With meth, for a frequent user, the tolerance builds very fast. Even with long periods of not using....with just a few hits, the old tolerance will kick in quickly. Many a distributor of meth will "play" with their product.....cutting, while maintaining appearance...."feeling" out their clients as to what they'll pay for. Simple business practice, find out just how far a product can go for the same amount of money. Ya, right.....this shit is the same, it's pure,...got it straight from the cook.......goes along with such statements as "the check is in the mail", and "I wont cum in your mouth" Many times the cook just f-d up the process, and it looks the same , but in no way is it any good. From what swiy is saying, swim's guess is it is the product not up to par.

10. old hippie 56

old hippie 56

Reputation Points:
    Remember the words of Mr. Brownstone,"a little got more and more".

11. Saccharine

Saccharine Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Curious, if someone IV'd for a while and quit entirely for a few months, would snorting give the same rush as it did pre-IV use?

12. SB1981

SB1981

Reputation Points:
    I use every 1-2 weeks for 3 days and my rushes are amazing with every shot I do. I give myself enough time to recuperate between each useage, so my rushes are always amazing and uncontrollable. I would hate to lose the best part of mainlining the shit. That needle rush is the most pleasurable feeling I have ever feel by far. Fierce and strong is how I love it.

13. Kilomech

Kilomech Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Saccharine: I would assume that the intensity would be just as strong, but for me it's likely just the memory of IV being better than snorting that could still, in the end, make me think that I'm just not getting nearly enough from it. It's probably all in my head but it's hard to overcome that sort thing. Mind over matter, you know?

14. ObiBong_Kin-OG

ObiBong_Kin-OG Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    It can be very different for different people. If I do 300mg (snorting RoA) at least a 2 week break is needed to get equal high from the same amount. If only taking a week or less break almost have to double dose every couple of days or switch RoA to smoking or IV to get comparable high. This is a long term tolerance effect which builds up faster the less time you spend off between binges and the more time each binge lasts. I believe it has to do with the brain naturally down regulating dopamine receptors as an attempt to balance dopamine to natural levels (not overstimulated by meth). Probably anyone doing significant amounts of meth over a 3+ year period, even with 2 week breaks, is going to experience a slow but sure long term tolerance build up. To get it back to baseline could take anywhere from a month to a year, it depends on a lot of factors unique to each person.

I also believe there is a short term tolerance that developes over each binge. After first couple of lines I get best high if I can force myself to wait at least 3 hours before doing more. If only waiting 1-2 hours would have to do more\fatter lines to get same rush as first session. I believe this is to do with dopamine stores in the brain needing time to replenish between hits.

The moral of the story seems to be you can't just sit around and do meth every day until you die (although that does sound great) your brain won't let you. Everything in moderation I guess.

15. Leeloo

Leeloo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Sounds like fun :D. (just kidding)

For me, it is very individual, need almost 3-4 weeks to decrease my tolerance. If I did 300mg last time, I need aprox. 3 weeks to enjoy 100mg to get high or 150mg to experience rush.
    I try to be sober as long as I could to decrease my rush-level to low dose. It s maybe even harm reduction, isnt it?

16. chipper2

chipper2 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    it takes 10 days to return to baseline for most users.

Tags: