1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Experiences - Meth vs Heroin

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by SmokingBowls420, Dec 31, 2008.

1. SmokingBowls420

SmokingBowls420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    In swim's experience Meth and Heroin are the big bad boys of the drug world....My aware of the crack vs meth thread, and in society's view, meth and heroin are the worst of the worst.

Anyways, swim's just wondering if anyone out there has had experiences with both and what their opinions are when comparing/contrasting the two...Be it addictiveness, the high, the type of people it draws in, etc.

Swim will start off....My done both heroin and meth and in his opinion, heroin doesn't come close to meth. Heroin is like weed without the head trip, just relaxed, throwing up, feel very comfortable, and very tired. Meth is at LEAST 5x as intense in euphoria......Swim can see how heroin is addictive in the sense of not wanting to experience withdrawl, I has seen it and it's very ugly.....Without meth all I do is sleep and eat, I am truly addicted, he doesn't care he just wants to smoke.

In swim's opinion, meth is a waaaay more addictive and damaging drug.

2. 100mg Methylphenidate

100mg Methylphenidate Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah. Most opiates(ie not meperidine) won't cause physical damage over long term use. Although offer terrible withdrawals, not that coming down off uppers isn't hell too. For swim, amphetamines give much more euphoria. But after a while of ups and downs and your tolerance gets to the point where you just need it to be normal, downers and opiates definitely become more appreciated.

Funny thing is, I like alprazolam as much if not more than either one.

3. insomnizombie

insomnizombie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    never done h but I had a long history with morphine and opium as well as meth. its hard to say they both induce euphoria but opiates are more warm and fuzzy feeling whereas meth is more jump out of an airplane eyes bulging hands shaking ego enflated i'm on top of the world feeling. swim prefers meth hands down. its obviously the more damaging. plus these days with the help of medicine its easy to get off opiates without a shred of wd. as far as addiction goes all i know is once opiates no longer did the trick swim walked away and never looked back whereas meth not a day goes by that I dont lust for it and he's been clean for a while.

4. e4rolls

e4rolls Newbie

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o
    Apples and oranges!
    Meth is my dog's favorite drug because it is so euphoric and long lasting as compared to shitty cocaine.
    Heroin is not my dog's drug of choice because he always gets sick and has to keep throwing up and he nods out and doesn't even know what the fuck is going on anymore. The next day all he does is itch and scratch all over and his stomach feels nausious!
    He gives Heroin two paws down!:eek:

5. bigmac1234

bigmac1234 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    where I am from there is no heroin only oc's. swim much perfers meth for the euphoria, oc's make swim puke. but swim knows a swim that takes oc's and makes anyone on meth look like they are standing still. this swim gets a freaking energy rush and will clean the baseboards in the house its almost funny. this blows swims mind!

6. BumpBump

BumpBump Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    haha yeh swim seen people do that on H, and swim can't sleep on H either. Swim never tried meth as he can't get it in the UK. Swim loves H and rock though

7. Donmeka

Donmeka Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    I have only tried meth a handful of times (today being maybe his 5th in 2 years since his 1st time) I have been doing(mostly smoking) H for almost a year now and its gotten bad and I am planning to quit VERY soon. SWIM bought his ice for that very reason. A small amount in the mornin and a lil in the afternoon keeps him Withdrawals free and feelin good :D SWIM has used meth or adderall to withdraw from opiates once or twice before and it has worked wonders. a week using like SWIM mentioned and some xanax for the difficult nights if necessary and after he is done does the trick.

maybe it has to do with SWIMs mental problems with things like add/adhd and other BS that allows him not to be "tweaked" and enjoy meth and be almost normal and happy like before he got deep into opiates. we will see how I do this time.

on the topic SWIM sees heroin as the ultimate downer and meth as the ultimate upper. SWIMs experience with H though tell him it is more dangerous because of nodding out and the unkown strength of any bag bought. one day it could be bunk and the next murderous. when I would IV (bad idea) sometimes he wouldnt even know he passed out with a needle in his arm and hurting will get you to be stupid like using a used needle even with bleach its not smart. and the withdrawls last so long its terrible. SWIM has things in life that need to be done and he cat fufill his obligations while using a lot or trying to quit its terrible. I am happy he has gotten better but still has a way to go.

ON meth SWIM has had experience smoking sniffing and once IVing crystal (very small amnt. 2hrs high then K.O.) and experience using Desoxyn which for those who dont know prescription methamphetamine hydrochloride. SWIMs experiences have been GREAT! especially with desoxyn and his mental issues. SWIM never lost his appetite or if he did he could still eat no problem. He could think clearly and concentrate perfectly with a nice and chill euphoria that just made him have that happy fuzzy feeling in his chest which allows him to be himself more than normal and be sociable and fun. NEVER had withdrawls because SWIM never used for more than a day or 2 and never stayed up more than 1 night. and reading is fun :)

I would say the bottom line comes to experience, preference and personal knowledge. to SWIM heroin is the complete devil and meth is something that indeed IS TERRIBLE and ruins lives but is not good enough to SWIM to be addictive and experience the haunting withdrawls people speak of on this forum and etc.

8. ta-da!

ta-da! Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM has partaken in injecting both H & meth...& enjoys them both very much. However, SWIM must mention that the highs obtained from each are completely uncharacteristic of one another. Once in awhile I will feel like speeding & once in awhile I would rather smack out.

In fact, I have a hard time steering clear of this practice, even though SWIM has overdosed twice while injecting H & had to have chest rubs & CPR performed.

But, as an addict...SWIM always goes back for more of the torture, even though it is such a terrible thing to put your body through. Now I am sure to always inject safely & practices harm reduction actively.

9. BumpBump

BumpBump Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    swim prefers H for the reason it does not make him feel like shit at the end of the session.

I am almost in pain at end of meth session

10. ex-junkie

ex-junkie Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    I have been addicted to both.

meth is far more psychologically addictive. heroin is a very physical addiction, where you will do anything just to make the goddamn withdrawals fuck off for a bit.

meth lasts a lot longer, and you get way more for your money.

I started off on IV amphetamines, then a couple years later progressed onto IV heroin, followed by IV methadone, then out of nowhere got the idea shed kick it, and did.

follow the onslaught of meth addiction...

you follow the same path out that you follow in basically. however when swim quit using opiates, she quit the needle. so she spent around 18 months taking methamphetamines orally/smoking it.

she found it much easier to stop using methamphetamines than she did heroin, however if she had to list her favourite, she would say without a doubt that its the methamphetamines out of the two.

she even went a period of time smoking methamphetamines once every three months after she quit using everyday, and she never relapsed into a habit. if she had done this with heroin, she would be in the gutter by now surely.

in swims opinion methamphetamines are better, more fun to use- i mean, hey, when you dont have any you just eat and sleep. I could deal with that fine. however the heroin is so much more addictive, and swim to this day will not even take a codeine tablet as she is fucking scared to set off that same ole switch inside her brain again.

who knows, there might be no turning back if there was a next time. she is very lucky to have overcome it against all the odds, and completely at random.

11. BumpBump

BumpBump Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have been hooked on H a few times... and swim can chip ok to be honest(has been chipping for 2 years now).
    I have come accross meth now, and smoked for 10 days... some nights not too much so he could sleep.

Swim felt like total crap after a full 48 hours on meth with no sleep. But yeh I said it was fun... and he cant wait to do it again!

12. asimp222

asimp222 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Couldn't' agree more with that last statement. I've only done meth a few times(3 day benders) , but I'm gonna have to disagree with most of the people in this discussion. I have been an IV heroin user for almost 4 years now and I think its the best drug there is outt there. No doubt its dangerous but when I'm using I just don't give a shit. I've been in treatment 4 Times. Glenbeigh, rock creek OH best place to go and get clean although I'm Tweaking as I'm writting this I did have 6 monthd and hope to get back there soon... Maybe.

Back To the ttopic of discussion I use to inject crack for a shorT period of time but the only way I was gonna get crack I would get heroin to come down. I didn't like the paranoid feeling, I did enjoy the speed balling. Then I tried crank a couple Times IV and I did like it a lot but no bags to come down on. I thought I got a great rush and it was awesome but honestly, I like eating my dinne like a dog face down in my mashed potatoes drooling on myself the feeling is unreal. And for those people who keep getting sick its b/c u have no tolerance I threw up the first time I shot meth, althogh I did do a couple bags a few hours before.

So I guess its unanimous for me I love dope that's the only drug worth doing to me, but hey everybody's different. I do have one quick question I need some help coming down I've been Tweaking for 13 hours straight. Anybody have any tips need to know now

asimp222 added 3 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Couldn't' agree more with that last statement. I've only done meth a few times(3 day benders) , but I'm gonna have to disagree with most of the people in this discussion. I have been an IV heroin user for almost 4 years now and I think its the best drug there is outt there. No doubt its dangerous but when I'm using I just don't give a shit. I've been in treatment 4 Times. Glenbeigh, rock creek OH best place to go and get clean although I'm Tweaking as I'm writting this I did have 6 monthd and hope to get back there soon... Maybe.

Back To the ttopic of discussion I use to inject crack for a shorT period of time but the only way I was gonna get crack I would get heroin to come down. I didn't like the paranoid feeling, I did enjoy the speed balling. Then I tried crank a couple Times IV and I did like it a lot but no bags to come down on. I thought I got a great rush and it was awesome but honestly, I like eating my dinne like a dog face down in my mashed potatoes drooling on myself the feeling is unreal. And for those people who keep getting sick its b/c u have no tolerance I threw up the first time I shot meth, althogh I did do a couple bags a few hours before.

So I guess its unanimous for me I love dope that's the only drug worth doing to me, but hey everybody's different. I do have one quick question I need some help coming down I've been Tweaking for 13 hours straight. Anybody have any tips need to know now. Would suboxone help I h haven't done dope in a while and whenever I would get out of rehab I would buy a sub and I would get rocked by it.... So maybe lemme know what u guys think. Thanks

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  13. LoveNwar

LoveNwar

Reputation Points:
    from portugal
    Meth is imediate danger! It will grab you quickly and can destroy you! But on the long run... you all know Lady Heroin is the mother of all drugs. What happens with meth is that after 2 or 3 years of heavy use you will start feeling what is called a "sudden lack of interest". Of course, you will wear the scars of battle by then, but you will find yourself unsatisfied with the drug. That's because meth burns your dopamine too quick. Soon, it will be impossible to achieve any high and meth becomes less potent than a cup of black coffee. That's when you have the chance to jump out. There's no significant physical withdrawal so you are good to move on... At least, there's a chance, right there.
    But with H, it's not that easy. That's why H has survived decades and generations. It came to stay and no person can claim that he/she is too strong to defeat it. Meth is a tall order... Heroin is the real giant.

14. Sphericalkilla

Sphericalkilla Newbie

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.S.A.
    I was addict to h most of my high school I have only tried meth a couple times and there is no comparison in the withdrawals. I found out that the h starts to almost feed your bones is the best way to explain it. And that's why when u come down it feels like your body is hurting for it your bones crave it. Which makes cold turkey impossible. With meth I don't even know why ppl could compare it to meth I do see it that it does cause harm but I guess it all depends on the person and there preference.

15. runnerupbeautyqueen

runnerupbeautyqueen Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Denton, Texas (so basically Dallas)
    I'm sure there's threads on this but I just want to mention that besides suboxone (obviously) speed is the only thing thats helped through heroin wd. I guess because I'm still satisfying my needle fixation, and need-to-alter-my-conscience-any-fucking-way-possible fixation. I think IV meth vs IV heroin you get more bang for your buck with meth. But I really don't like a drug that lasts three days. Plus meth makes my schizophrenia worse whereas heroin makes it not even an issue.

16. LoveNwar

LoveNwar

Reputation Points:
    from portugal
    Sphericalkilla, i know exactly what you are trying to describe with the "bones" thing... It's hard to explain, though. It's a mix between pain and an emptiness of energy. You don't even want to stand up because your legs seem to beg you to stay down. I have been using H only for a short time and even i have felt that already :( Sucks big time!

17. Aerokinetic

Aerokinetic Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM has never used heroin, but he has experience with meth.

He has been clean for several months now, but he still hears the siren call to go get some meth. It's extremely addictive, and I would say that 8/10 people cannot handle meth for what it is: a tool.

It can aid the user immensely if they have the willpower to control their high and usage. Otherwise, meth will overtake reason and control people.

As for addiction, I agree that H is more physical and meth is more psychological. Other than coming down from meth (which just made SWIM sleep and eat), he experienced no physical withdrawal. However, like he said earlier, he constantly feels the urge to go out and get high, despite being clean for many months.

18. deximate

deximate Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Someone back there mentioned that either meth or heroin (I'm too lazy to look back, but I suspect it was heroin), helped manage her schizophrenia... For many years, heroin was my main mood-stabilizer (bipolar, type 1). eventually I transitioned to methadone, and that too became part of my psych regimen. Methamphetamine (the few times I've done it, smoked, snorted, and IVed), always pushes me into manic psychosis. Not saying heroin good, meth bad - - but for me, opioids actually have therapeutic value, whereas methamphetamine usually lands me in restraints in a psych ward. take your pick.

19. Stepin Fetchit

Stepin Fetchit Banned

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    They both are equally dangerous for different reasons. Both addictions progress rapidly from a small amount to a dangerous amount, they both can cause the person's physical appearance to suffer, and they both make certain people turn into completely psychotic sociopaths who were apparently normal before they started using.

20. multimegaface

multimegaface Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    My horse has been a user of both. In his experiance he finds heroin to be the less problematic of the two. With heroin he will inject it, feel great, get a good nights sleep and wake up fine the next day and not have the urge to do it again for a couple days because of the risk of dope sickness.

Now with glass it's a whole other story, it makes my horse feel so good, and when that ends he is at the opposite end of the spectrum, he feels hopeless, and disgusting, and can only think negative, his body feels drained of everything. Of course the cheapest most quick way to fix that is? You guessed it.

Anyways it really does come down to the person and what they are better able to handle as an individual.