1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Discussion in 'Methamphetamine' started by xbarbiex, Nov 22, 2003.

1. xbarbiex

xbarbiex Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Nov 18, 2003
    i have a question..... ive done meth once but i dont remember it cuz i didnt do vvery much but what does it exactly do to u ? and is it worse or better than doing coke ? and does anyone know how long it lasts ? i just remember i didnt sleep for like a day or two days or some shit .... if anyone knows please let me know thanks !
  2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    Jan 14, 2003
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Although meth is addictive it is less addictive then coke. Meth is worse for your body. The duration of effects depend upon the amount taken.
  3. trdofbeingtrd

trdofbeingtrd Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Apr 27, 2011
    from U.S.A.
    I know this is an old thread, I just wanted to elaborate on the answer since I am doing some cleaning and organizing on the sub-forum. It is because this post seems to be the oldest in the sub forum for it's topic and subject that I am answering as well.

Methamphetamine is a stimulant. It is more powerful than caffeine and gives an intense euphoria but at the same time gives an intense dysphoria for most people. Some seem to not get the same effects from methamphetamine but that is rare as most people feel the good and the bad from meth. It is man made from numerous chemicals with usually psuedo-ephedrine or ephedrine as it's main ingredient. It is extremely bad for the mind and body. Also, while this could just be opinion, it is as addictive or more so than cocaine but not more addictive than crack cocaine. It has numerous harmful side effects that include clenching of the jaw in most people, picking at the body in most people, talking fast and sometimes talking in a nonsensical way, causing mood swings in most people, and when done for to long of a time or when done in to large of a dose can cause methamphetamine psychosis in most but not all people.

The main way you can compare methamphetamine with cocaine is that they are both stimulants very much stronger than caffeine. I won't get into cocaine to much as this thread is about meth (short for methamphetamine in most countries) but another comparison and difference between methamphetamine and cocaine is cocaine is far more of a natural substance than methamphetamine even though the final product of cocaine is man made as well. The coca plant is what cocaine is derived from while again methamphetamine is mostly made from chemicals with ephedrine (another product from a plant) or pseudo-ephedrine being the most natural ingredient.

Depending on dosage and purity, methamphetamine can last for numerous hours with the after effects (mainly not sleeping and loss of appitite) lasting for days. The longer a person doses on methamphetamine the longer the effects go to where some people have stayed up for a week straight before the body usually shuts down from exhaustion. While methamphetamine has long term effects compared to most drugs, it's the urge to re-dose that keeps people "SPUN" (this is a slang term for when a person is intoxicated by meth) or high and feeling the main effects from methamphetamine. There have been claims of people staying up without sleep for more than a week because of being high on methamphetamine but there is very little proof of this other than a persons personal claims.

For more information on methamphetamine, this is a link to the Drugs-Forum wiki on methamphetamine