Methadone vs. Methadose?

Discussion in 'Methadone' started by MrFinger, Sep 22, 2004.

1. MrFinger

MrFinger Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hello,

I know of atleast 5 different types of methadone all of which seem to react somewhat differently with the human body. In pill formatI know ofmethadose and methadone, the methadone I know of is a white tablet labeled 54-142 or the orange/pinkish 40 mg tablets(that many people mix in juice), these are noticed to be stronger initially but seem to half life faster than the methadose(both 10 and the big brother 40)... Does any one know if the methadose is time delayed? or something else? to cause this. Also, from my experience thesyrup formats(green/red/pink)alwaysseems to be less potent than the pill formats. I was curious if there was a methadone veteran out there that could enlighten me on the suttle differences of these,

Thanks,

Finger

2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My experience has been methadone and methadose. The methadose I get are the 40mg tabs that can be broken into four peices. In my experience straight methadone causes many people to puke and such, though methadose is much easier on the stomache. don't think it's because it's a time release thing, as we always chew them.

3. billiejean

billiejean Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hello i am new to this forum, why don't you try "we speak methadone or atwathdog" they are both methadone forums and very informative.

i am just the opposite , methadose makes me sick, where as methadone is a lil' better.
    well, have a nice day/night.

billiejean

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2010
  4. rachamim18

rachamim18 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Its psychosymatic.With the exception of diffiring binders and fillers all the different forms are still methadone!The binders and fillers only have a slight bearing on absorption,not on overall effect.

Now for subjective experience:In over 10 years of methadone maintenance I have been on each of the different forms [available in the U.S.] and have failed to detect any noticeable difference.Of course that is not to say that I have not listened to others complain about their perceptions...