methamph .compaired to amph.

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by bcStoner420, Nov 4, 2005.

1. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM's Just wondering what ya'll concidered the diffrences to be between Methamphetamine and Amphetamine. I have only done Amphetamine and wondered, what is different? what is similar?

2. JewishNazi

JewishNazi Gold Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from one set of figures ive read, meth is about 68% more potent

3. bcStoner420

Reputation Points:
    wow, i find amphetamine to be fairl strong, thats taken orally too. anyone else have any input? mabey even why it is that meth is stronger? for example like, what receptors in the brain it affects more than just amphetamine?

4. Boyv

Boyv Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Methamphetamine is way stronger than the usual amphetamine. The methyl in meth lets the drug cross your bloodbrain barriere, and thus it will have a harder and longer effect, and the chance to become an addict increases.

5. bcStoner420

Reputation Points:
    does dextroamphetamine have the same effect as the methyl in methampheatmine to some degree?

6. JewishNazi

Reputation Points:
    not at all. while it is true that d-amp is much stronger than l-amp, d-meth is still stronger than d-amp

7. bcStoner420

Reputation Points:
    If you dont mind, ive tried looking on erowid and stuff and i cant find info on d-amph and l-amph, mind going a little further into explaining it? what is the diffrence and what does it stand for?

8. Boyv

Boyv Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Meth is short for methamphetamine-HCL, there is always a salt like HCL bound to the methamphetamine.

The powderform is meth most of the time is a mix of d-methamphetamine and l-methamphetamine. Crystal is methamphetamine in the form of crystal. Ice is d-methamphetamine in the form of a crystal, it's a minor diffirence, but because of that d- is stronger than l- we can conclude that ice is a stronger form of meth.

Crystal and Ice are most of the time in the most pure form of meth, I guess this since it's hard to make crystals if the powder isn't pure enough.Edited by: Boyv

9. bcStoner420

Reputation Points:
    I know this part about the the drug being in salt form, this applies with a huge range of drugs because of how much easier your body can absorb it. Im mainly confused on the d- and l- parts. I realize how they affect your body diffrently but how exactly and what does it mean (chemically and structurally)

10. JewishNazi

Reputation Points:
    in laymans terms: In the l- (levo0 form, you have the nitrogen sticking
    out to the left from the carbon chain and in the d- form (dextro) it is
    sticking out the the right.

the d- enantiomer is supposedly 10x stronger at what it does. Having a
    racemic mix (equal amounts of d and l) will only be 55% the strength of
    pure d-meth.

Now, try and think of the difference between dl-amp and d-meth in terms
    of numbers. if racemic amp has a value of 1, then dl-meth would be
    1.68. because we already know that dl-meth is 55% as potent as d-meth
    we can work out that d-meth would have a value of 3.04

Shit, never realised how big that difference was

11. bcStoner420

Reputation Points:
    thanks that clears things up for me, and ya thats a bloody huuge diffrence i wouldnt have ever imagined. I use d-amph and concideres it pretty strong, d-meth would blow his mind he imagines.

12. JewishNazi

Reputation Points:
    .... remember that we have to assume my numbers are correct (whih im pretty sure they are)

13. NucLeO

NucLeO Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i did aderall/dexedrine before and after i started using meth.
    Aderall i always take orally (though I have snorted) because I feel I
    get a stronger and longer high this way. Though I beleive what
    makes meth addicting is the fact that you usually smoke or snort it,
    and people tend to re-up a lot more because of it.

Meth is more cost effective than just regular amphetamines, making it
    also, easier to just take more. This is what causes addiction in
    my opinion.

Though the high you get from amphetamine is very similar to meth, the
    differences I see is that amphetamine gives you more of a jumpy jittery
    high , and meth gives you more of a relaxed, chill, mellowed out
    high. Though when it comes to talking to someone while spun out,
    I cant shut the fuck up (unless need be). Lol

Edited by: NucLeO

14. Dreamscape

Dreamscape Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o

Maybe also partly becauseadderall is way too expensive at the pharmacy. Ironic, isn't it?

Same here. Adderall can make me jittery and sometimes even agitated, which makes me want to takesedatives, etc. to counteract that.I don't remember getting that with meth. Straight d-amphetamine is supposed to be better than adderall for this reason.

Edited by: Dreamscape

15. screener

screener Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim remember he asked his dealer this question, and he got this reply "if you are only snorting or dropping the amphetamine, meth would normally be a much more potent substance to do. When it comes to injecting it in the bloodstream, amphetamine is extremely much more potent than meth again.

But snorting amphetamines still might be much more potent than meth, It all depends on how pure the speed you got is."

(Swim can't base the explanation he got on own experiences, as meth is extremely rare where he lives... I has never tried meth. but has seen it on one occasion)

16. jazzmetalguitar

jazzmetalguitar Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM's understanding:
    Amphetamines increase the levels of dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin by inducing a flood of each into the synapses and then preserving them in the synapse; however:

Dextroamphetamine targets primarily the dopaminergic systems and thus is more effective for "abuse" purposes (it feels "stronger").

Levoamphetamine targets primarily the norepinephrinergic systems.

Neither have a huge effect on serotonin.

Methamphetaminesalso increase the brain's levels of dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin, however, the methyl arm allows it across the brain blood barrier and therefore more drug gets to the source. In addition, the methyl group also acts as an MAOI, so not only can the neurotransmitters not escape the synapse where they were flooded to, the MAO's which are responsible for their inactivation are inhibited. This results in what I've heard described as 5X the effects of d-amphetamine as well as longer lasting.

Dextromethamphetamine targets primarily SEROTONIN, resulting in the vastly different feel from amphetamines. (Neurochemical release ratios in test rats are 1:2 for norepinephrine:dopamine and 1:60 for norepinephrine:serotonin)

Levomethamphetamine targets the sympathetic nervous system and has little effect on the central nervous system. Thus, it is believed to mildly target norepinephrine alone and it takes quite a bit to get very little effect.

17. trptamene

trptamene Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^^^Good info

Unrelated to your post though:

Just because a drug is more potent does not mean it is a better drug. Economic issues a side there is no reason a drug you only need 5mg of is better than a similar drug you need 30mg of.

Meth is just too much for swim,and he finds little euphoria in it at the lower doses he likes ( <10mg), above this dose he feels some euphoria, but it feels like his entire body is just buzzing with unchanneled energy. It is difficult for him to accomplish much and obtain the euphoria that amp's provide. If he is channeling his energy, he is not euphoric; if he is euphoric, he can't channel his energy and the euphoria is not worth the weird body buzz.

Adderall gives swim a much better euphoria while allowing him to focus, be social, and feel no dysphoria which seems to plague swim on meth.

I would take 30mg adderall xr over the same amount of meth.

18. dip

dip Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I find ampephetamine to be greater in adding delusional confidance, while meth is more physically and mentally stimulating.

19. Ajkortes

Ajkortes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A friend of mine, thinks that Amp...is a last resort, or a safe way to travel (subing large amounts of it for meth) when they know they need that feeling but either can't get it or can't travel with it....AKA, Meth is the jacked up stuff comparted to amp

20. JaWill88

JaWill88 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    when one eats d amphetamine or adderall (d and l amphetamine) or methamphetamine there really isnt that much of a difference when the doses are made equivelant. I has injected amphetamine and methamphetamine and the meth was definately better. a better rush and high after. it seems the difference between the two comes into play with how the drug enters the body.