Oral use - Methods of Ingesting Psilocybin Mushrooms

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by abiding.space, Jun 15, 2006.

1. abiding.space

abiding.space Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    Mushroom Brownies????

i'm sick of eating mushrooms, was just wondering if it's possible to grind the shrooms into a powder, then put that into a batter and then bake it. not specifically brownies but anyother type of baked good requireing dough or batter.

if anyone has information, feel free to personally email me
    thanks

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  2. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    The active chemical in mushrooms is Psilocybin, which is a tryptamine. All tryptamines are unstable at high temperatures, meaning they get destroyed. I'm pretty sure the heat from baking is enough to destroy it.

P.S. - Not to be a dick but you have to be 18 or over to join the forum.

3. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    mix the shroom powder into frosting, and glaze the brownie onced cooled :) but thats kinda pointless swim try to fast before shrooming so that u get the most out of shrooms.

4. reallyneat

reallyneat Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    swims going to be doing magic mushrooms for the first time this week. what are some things i should know about the first experience? also, what is the best way to ingest them? should I combine it with a liquid and make a smoothie out of them? or what about mushroom tea, how does one go about making that?

5. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    There's really no single best way to ingest mushrooms... here are some
    member's ideas in this thread:
    https://drugs-forum.com/threads/6388?highlight=tea

You can try the ones that appeal, and then its just a matter of personal
    preference.

Mushroom tea's easy... SWIM's friends heat up cups of water (not quite
    boiling though), break up the shrooms a little, throw them in the water,
    let it soak for a little while (the actives are water soluble, the water will
    also be tinted blue), then strain out all the solids. Its up to You whether
    or not to ingest the leftover material. SWIM however, really does not like
    mushroom tea (usually blends w/ice and juice [covers up texture as well as
    taste], or just chews and chases with juice).

Like said, its all about preference...

6. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Try eating them, if the taste doesn't agree with you, just make the tea. Fill a cup with hot water and add the tea or tea-bag (I find that herbal teas are the best for this), then add the broken up mushrooms and leave them soak in for 5-10 minutes. Then strain out any bits of shroom and knock the tea back. If using normal tea, definitely don't add any milk. Mushrooms and milk is a rough combination and can cause nausea.

7. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    One hint from SWIM, some people want to disguise the taste by eating them with chocolate.
    Don't do this, the sugar in chocolate wille weaken the mushrooms effects.
    Don't smoke them eather or bake them as heat will destroy the active ingredients.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
  8. trip.more

trip.more Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swim rolls them into balls then swallows them with water or grinds them up and puts in chocolate.Tea is OK but smells really funky.

9. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    fyi swim tried the mushroom frosting on weed brownies... it was terrific... swim ate about 3 or so g of weed in brownie, with about 3g of shroom frosting.... terrific!!!

10. freespirt

freespirt Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i once read you can place them in a ice cream mix

11. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    well anything will work... as long as you dont raise the temperature to the point the tryptomine break down... in otherwords anything you dont cook, but shroom ice cream sounds nasty.

12. dzc18l

dzc18l Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Anyone know the magic number where it starts to break down?

13. jimmah

jimmah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have heard a bunch of different ways to get them down as some people don't really like that taste at all and will barf if they even smell it.

I did hear of someone trying to mix them powdered with orange sherbert and sounded like it was ok, or just powdered in OJ. Others have tried with a small bit of crunchy peanut butter on a single piece of bread to hide the consistency and taste and that works well too. I have since read that peanuts mixed with an maoi can be bad because of the tyramines, so look that up before you try it.

And then there's the best way I ever heard from the kids on the street. It was to grind them up and press them into capsules. That way they are easy to swallow and can be measured very closely to the half gram if you use 00 size capsules available at your organic food store. Yep they say you don't even have to taste them, but can still enjoy the magic as they say.

Any way you can get them down will work, try not to heat them too much as someone already said heat can damage the chemicals in the fruit body, or at least that's the jist of what I've read somewhere else.

And I too have read somewhere about taking them with a Diet Sprite because of the sugar thing, carbonation and lemon? But I thought the lemon was just flavoring. See I'm not sure either, maybe somebody knows already for sure?

Anyways I hope your You has fun on their first trip. Remember what they say - set and setting make for an enjoyable trip. Be safe out there.

Jimmah!

14. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    one question: are psilocin/psilocybin sublingually absorbable? Because if they are, an extract could be made and put on blotter paper. Never heard of this before but if Psilocybin is sublingually active it would be a good method.

15. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    @chilliker: Matter of preference. I like to eat them on an empty
    stomach because the effects are felt much sooner and it can feel more
    intense... SWIM's eaten them with pizza before, and it definitely was not
    as strong compared to eating them after fasting. But some prefer to eat
    them with food for various reasons... try both ways and see what SWIC
    likes better.

@Paracelsus: Theoretically it would work, but considering it is milligrams
    (psiloc[yb]in) as opposed to micrograms (LSD). That would be one hell of
    a big piece of blotter paper! Like eating a whole sheet of printer paper or
    something.

16. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    right but one could just put a piece of crystal psilocin on his tongue or use another form of cellulose as a medium.

And I've been thinking of another method of ingestion: rectal administration by suppositories or rectal syringe...i think that would enhance absorbtion.

17. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Mixing the mushrooms into chocolate bars is a quite effective method of ingestion. The bars are actually enjoyable to eat!

More information can be found here ----> https://drugs-forum.com/threads/23022

18. CrookedEye

CrookedEye Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Soooo, in swim's experience, it isn't the actual crystals obtained from an alcohol extract that are active, but rather the alcohol and brown goo that are left.. In swim's opinion, one would do best to take a reduced extract of alcohol, rather than try eating the crystal, and he would guarantee a very fast onset with a notably cleaner experience than with the fruitbodies themselves... And, BTW, he prefers to eat a light meal about an hour or so before lift-off to eliminate any stomach distress/emptiness (read:fast metabolism) that could occur...

19. augentier

augentier Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Mushroom Brownies????

I have put shrooms into ice cream and into mac & cheese. Tasted nastier in the ice cream :D

20. Yukio Mishima

Yukio Mishima Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Mushroom Brownies????

I recommend grinding them into a powder and loading into 00 or 000 gel caps. Easy.