1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Drug info - Methylone (3,4-methylenedioxymethcathinone, bk-MDMA) Drug Info

Discussion in 'Beta-Ketones' started by JDreaming, Nov 14, 2007.

1. JDreaming

JDreaming R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Please post info about methylone here.

Can anyone add information about:
    • names / synonyms
    • molecule
    • dose
    • duration
    • side effects
    • have there been any reported incidents with this compound?
    • since when has this research chemical been available?
    • legal status
    • stability of the molecule / compound
    Experiences with methylone are discussed in the following thread: Methylone Experiences

Trivial Name: Methylone
    Synonyms: 3,4-methylenedioxymethcathinone, bk-MDMA, β-keto-MDMA, methylenedioxymethcathinone
    IUPAC Name: 1-(1,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)-2-(methylamino)propan-1-one
    Molecular Formula: C[SUB]11[/SUB]H[SUB]13[/SUB]NO[SUB]3[/SUB]
    Molecular Mass: 207.2 g/mol

[​IMG]

Legal status in US: Schedule I controlled substance under federal law as a result of an emergency scheduling order. Legality under state law will vary depending on the specific legislation enacted in each US state.

Legal status in Canada: Unconfirmed.

Legal status in UK: Class B controlled substance under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, order 2010.

Legal status in the Republic of Ireland: Schedule 1 controlled substance under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1977.

Legal status in Australia: Unconfirmed.

Research Chemicals Index - Beta-Ketones
    Research Chemicals Index - Tryptamines
    Research Chemicals Index - Phenethylamines
    Research Chemicals Index - Synthetic Cannabinoids
    Research Chemicals Index - Piperazines
    The Research Chemical Index

Other useful links:

These documents about Methylone are in the file archive
    Methylone pics
    Methylone Health Problems Discussion
    Methylone Legality Discussion
    Methylone Research Discussion
    Methylone Comedown Discussion

Methylone Sublingual Administration
    Methylone Intranasal Administration

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  2. trptamene

trptamene Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Methylone Information/Basics

With the alkyl-ones Alfa has been incorporating the beta-keto nomenclature into the thread titles in parenthesis like this: Drug info - Ethylone (bk-MDEA)

Can you add a link to the archive search please?
    These documents about methylone are in the file archive
    I believe Alfa requests these be added to both the drug info and experience dedicated threads. He specifically mentions drug info threads, but it should be added to both.

If you are unclear on how to do this, PM me and I can give you more details.

Thank you for stepping up and making some of these threads, having to make these threads really slows down the process of me adding molecules for these drugs.

Back on topic:

IUPAC: 2-methylamino-1-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenyl)propan-1-one
    Other names: Explosion, Ease, M1

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2007
  3. Iggypoop

Iggypoop Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Re: Methylone Dosages

Personally SWIM usually takes a 250mg dose, this can be too much for new users, i hear people take anything from 150mg-350mg, i think it was shulgin who said it was 1/3 the potency of MDMA, don't quote me on that though.

4. Benga

Benga Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from japan
    Re: Methylone Dosages

this has been discussed before. swim's wombat finds anything over 300mg to be overdoing it, not that it feels too strong or unpleasant, strong rushes and a little amnesia- but the comedown is steeper, feels quicker- one feels "abandoned" by the substance quicker. and the next day is quite hard in an "i don't want to do anything" emptiness.
    150mg feels light, not overwhelming, at 200mg it begins to be an experience in itself.
    250mg is a good dose for swim. 150mg to 200mg might be good for a first taste.

what I find fascinating in M1 is its ability in helping to break old habits- the next couple of days after an experience, I find it very easy to change his routine, little things, not strong addictions, the kind of things one settles into doing repetedly. other friends have noticed this also, might be just related to serotonine depletion or actually a rather positive side effect of this substance's experience.
    b

5. trptamene

trptamene Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Considering tramadols SNRI activity effect on an MDMA experience, and the fact that it basically renders the substance inactive from a recreational standpoint...would the same kind of drug interaction be seen in this substance? This would probably be good for many swimmers to know before dosing just to learn later was a waste of hard earned $$.

6. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor Supporter

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Metabolism of the recently encountered designer drug, methylone, in humans and rats

The effects of non-medically used psychoactive drugs on monoamine neurotransmission in rat

I think it would be a good idea to avoid methylone until You is sure that the SSRI/SNRI effects of Tramadol have dissipated.

7. CrakkBakk

CrakkBakk Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o

Any other dosing for this?

Sounds way too expensive for the dose. I gram only lasts a person 4 times? Thats aLOT of money.

8. dark12

dark12 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Wow,
    What has SWIM been missing? I am going to be putting a lot of time into learning about these chemicals soon. It all seems so confusing... I think this will be the first Research Chemical he experiments with since he finds MDMA to be the most interesting out of everything he has experienced.
    Thanks much for the info!

9. bLuE

bLuE

Reputation Points:

swim heard that methylone is a smoother ride than MDMA, more chill, does it still have the stimulation and increased motor function of its amph-sister?

10. spacca

spacca Newbie

Reputation Points:

SWIM tells me that methylone is his favoured Research Chemical of the moment. He tried it together with Mephedrone, having discovered them at the same time. His initial doses were 150-200mg per hit. After several experiments he decided Mephedrone was too plasticky in it's experience - bit hard too describe, but whereas the Methylone experience is a very pleasant one, the mephedrone always seemed to be a little toxic feeling.
    So, after trying various experiements and combinations, I have decided that Methylone, henceforth referred to as M1, is the Research Chemical of choice. He also discovered that reducing dosages to 30-50mg at 1-2 hour intervals provided a suprisingly effective experience. The first dose has almost no effect, but then following up with the second starts the ball rolling. This obviously helps with the cost too.
    Fiending is an issue with M1 but dosing at this level helps, keeping it a nice roll rather than getting too wired.
    SWIM also stated that when he does get a little too wide awake when he really should be sleeping, alcohol negates the effect of the M1 and he sleeps like a baby. He was trying chamomile tea, but this resulted in a trip to the loo every half an hour for about 4-5 hours and not brilliant sleep....not quite sure why....
    Several of my aquaintances have had adverse affects with mephedrone, including one hospitalisation with heart problems......he hasn't heard of any problems on this scale with M1 to date, so believes his initial instinct is probably accurate....not very scientific he knows but..... ;)

11. 10outof10

10outof10 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Would SWIM have any recommendations for safe amount to do within one session? Understand that large quantities of mephedrone within one session can have risks of nasty side effects just wondered if the same could be said for M1. Like above, SMIM has heard that M1 is a more mellow experience. Have also heard for newbies 150mg would be sufficient. Curious to know if dry mouth also an issue with M1 as it is with mephedrone?

12. Cuberun

Cuberun Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

SWIM always ends up using 1g in a session. This is what's apparantly safe for him though. He takes a lot of supplements, is healthy and trains cardio everyday. He monitors his heartrate and there's nothing out of the ordinary.

What is safe for someone else may not be safe for swiy.

13. 10outof10

10outof10 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Thanks for the info..does SWIM notice anything like the mephedrone dry mouth or any other effects that are different from other stimulants that are worth mentioning? Thanks in advance :)

14. Cuberun

Cuberun Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

Not really.. I don't get dry mouth or jaw clenching.. he supplements with 750-1000mg magnesium though and always stays well hydrated..

15. Frogster

Frogster Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany

According to Swim, if done correctly, Methylone is the Nr1 MDMA substitute.

Dose: I don't like to go over 400mg in a session. First 200mg oral dissolved in multi-vitamin juce. Repeat 20 min after the peak.

Preloading: Being well rested and fed without a full stomach. Dietary supplements: Tryptophan or 5-HTP. Pharms: Piracetam 1.6g - 3.2g (it works!).

Postloading: isotonic drinks, energy drinks, sweet/salty snacks, Magnesium, Tryptophan or 5-HTP, Mannitol, antioxidans, vitamins. In case of unconfortable comedown: Kratom, GHB or Benzodiazepines. Do not redose M1 on uncomfortable comedown!

Duration (approx.): Onset t+0:20, Peak t+0:30, Plateau t+0:50, Comedown t+2:30, Baseline t+5:00

Side effects: Nystagmus (occasional), sweating (occasional), dirty comedown including bruxism, stiff muscles, agitation anxiety ect. (occasional). Most side effects can be avoided with appropriate Pre/Postloading.

I don't know of any incidents relating M1.

Methylone has been available around 2005 and has grown in popularity around 2008. It is still uncontrolled in most countries. If stored in a dark dry place, M1 remains fully active after more than 2 years.

General advice: Don't do Methylone while on Anti Depressants, they will destroy the roll (SSRI's) or lead to hospital (MAOI's). Do Methylone rarely (on special occasions). Share with good friends. Never drink a lot of alkohol before doing M1. Reasonable quantities of alcohol while rolling are ok. Don't forget to hydrate. Have Benzos nearby, just in case. Snorting means wasting good M1. Btw, 400mg is a lot, I would suggest 200mg for first timers.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  16. Guigz

Guigz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from france

I didn't find anything about this when he UTSE.
    And he don't know if he post in the appropriate thread.

Any interaction between tramadol and mephedrone?
    If I took 400mg of xr tramadol, when he can consume some mephedrone?

EDIT: I mean METHYLONE, of course. Sorry.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  17. Maxfrombx

Maxfrombx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from france

No one can give SIWY a clear answer, as You might have already guessed. 400mg tramadol is the seizure threshold risk. XR may lower the risk. Adding a dopaminergic/serotoninergic stimulant on the top of the SSRI action of tramadol is up to you. Even the best neurophysiologist wouldn't be able to predict the interaction. Tramadol in itself is like a baby speedball. Start with low doses.

18. sapmi

sapmi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

How often are You using methylone? Is 300-500mg every 3 weeks too much?

19. SparkyMarky

SparkyMarky Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

That sounds very reasonable! SWIM tends to use 100-400mg per 'trip' (depending on whether he's staying in with tunes and the internet, or going out clubbing) and he does it two or three times a week (although it's dropping off a little now). So once every two-three weeks should be fine!

Regards redosing: I have found that Tamis's advice to redose with the same (or slightly higher) than the original dose, but about 1.5 hrs after the initial dose, works best for him. Try experimenting with different amounts at different intervals to see what suits you. It seems to vary from person to person. Search the forum for methylone + redose and see what comes up!

Sparky
    xx

20. kmfdm

kmfdm Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth

I would not use entactogens more often than once every two or three months to avoid neurotransmitter depletion.