Other - Methylone and Deep Breathing

Discussion in 'Beta-Ketones' started by Dogears, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Dogears

Dogears Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have tripped on methylone 4 times. Every time he trips on it he finds that the methylone induced a pattern of slow deep breathing. SWIM assumes the drug must be causing large amounts of oxygen to be used in metabolizing of sugars and fats and the body is responding by increasing oxygen intake. I do not experince this effect with any other stimulent drugs.

Has anyone else found this to be the case with them with either methylone or any of the chemicals in the MDMA class of drugs?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2010
  2. treefingers49

treefingers49 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I found the same thing, but finds the same thing when taking MDMA or even speed for that matter.

3. Veritas Aequitas™

Veritas Aequitas™ Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    SWIM notices that effect when using MDMA and 2C - i

4. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    Deeep breaths feel so good don't they. Mmmmm.

5. Dogears

Dogears Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yes the deep breathing does feel good!

6. psitryp

psitryp Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah I get the deep breathing on methylone and 4fmp. Much more pronounced on methylone. I get the distinct feeling it is due to opening of the heart-chakra as the deep breathing has coincided with the methylone induced opening of that chakra in me. It could be that it's also because you very often feel as though all of your problems are no problems at all and that everything is as they should be and this is reflected as a relaxation of mental tension and thus deep breathing.

7. psitryp

psitryp Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It could also be a pharmacological effect of these chemicals. Chemicals that act as adrenergic agonists could bind to adrenergic receptors in the bronchus (throat) and cause them to relax and thus leading to less resistance in the bronchus. I quess this could be tested out with a asthma inhalator like salbutamol (beta-adrenergic agonist). Perhaps the autonomic response to the lowered resistance is deep breathing. who knows..

8. napoleon in rags

napoleon in rags Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    that happens to SWIM on XTC and a few other drugs, expecially when he's in a particularly intense wave of euphoria. He really enjoys it :)