Dose - Methylone... is once really IT?

Discussion in 'Beta-Ketones' started by Nicaine, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    I did methylone for the first time about two months ago, and it was absolutely incredible. At a higher dose, the euphoria was so intense that he almost couldn't stand it... it was mind blowing.

Since then I have ordered more several times, and it seems each time he does it (1) the effects have diminished more, and (2) his supply gets used up faster. His first order, 500mg did the trick for two or three separate highs (each lasting a surprisingly long time). The last time around he used up the whole 500mg in around 11 hours, doing several redoses of smaller amounts over that time to keep things going. The effects, while nice, frankly weren't worth what the stuff costs. In a way, it was really only worth it the first time he ever tried it.

Does SWIM need to wait 6 months ala MDMA, or is that really IT? Is the problem these smaller redoses, i.e. should he just do one or two LARGE doses instead of multiple smaller boosters, and give up on the idea of extending the high? Anyone else have a similar experience with this substance?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2010
  2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    I have waited over 6 months and did not get a full on effect like the first couple of times.

3. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think that, contrary to the usual advice, methylone should be dosed high. I have still not had anything spectacular from this chem, though it did provide a hint of that MDMA effect (and I have not used MDMA in 15 + years). However, I have dosed low, not exceeding 200mg/dose. I have also found redosing useless and a waste of product. Consequently, dosing high is probably the best strategy. I have yet to confirm this for SWIM's self, though.

4. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Thanks... I will perhaps try it a final time, at something like 300 mg all at once rectally. If that doesn't do the trick, nothing will.

And he'll make sure not to redose like he does with most substances (i.e. repeated small doses over a long time period) as it seems to work less effectively with methylone. Does it work at all? Yeah, in SWIM's opinion it does... just not well. It's more of a maintenance thing, i.e. it can keep something of the high going longer at reduced levels, probably with what amounts to fantastic waste of product. At least for around 15 hours (max) then it starts feeling BAD and can cause paranoia and a nightmarish comedown.

P.S. thanks Alfa... looks like that first time is magic, then the magic basically disappears. It's a strange thing to happen with a substance (biochemically it makes little sense, unless actual brain damage was involved) but looks like it does. It's ironic that with all these claims of MDPV ceasing to work, it's methylone that appears to shed effectiveness like a snake on crack. MDPV hasn't even shown much tolerance after days of chronic dosing, let alone losing its effects.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2006
  5. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Wow! Time out for a sceond. There is a LOT of difference between a 200mg+ oral methylone dose and a 300mg rectal methylone dose. Step back and rethink that one, before you become a new statistic on the microgram bulletin. I would not go for 300mg's methylone orally, since methylone has a steep dose-response curve above 250 mg's. From you's rectal experiments, it seems the convertion rate between a oral and rectal methylone dose is around 2X. And You considers a single dose of 300mg methylone rectally(comparable to ~600mg methylone orally)? That's pure madness.

6. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I will think about it Alfa, although given how weak the effects have been he doesn't think it would be that big a deal. He probably did close to 1/2 of his dosing last time rectally, which would mean ~250mg total up the tailpipe (over a much longer period of time, granted).

Also, he found (the very first time he used it) that at NO dose was there a issue with sickness or anything... the euphoria and intensity of effects just kept increasing up into VERY high dose ranges, minus anything negative happening.

He believes that 300mg rectally would hit HARD and be very intense (if the stuff still works at all next time :rolleyes: ), but doesn't think anything bad will happen otherwise... this is based on his past experience. But he could limit it to 200-250 rectally instead if You truly thinks this is a concern.

7. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    With methylone large doses can be taken without extreme negative side effects. But this is only true for consequent doses, leading up to a high total. Even in the grams range, this seems relatively safe(as far as one can talk about safety of high doses of new compounds). But single oral doses above 300mg or multiple doses which are taken to closely together have resulted in astma like attacks and loss of consciousness.
    Please approach this issue with care and attention.

8. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    OK... I will maybe try 100mg rectally, and if that works well then another 100mg in 15 minutes or so. Anyway, that's IF he decides to spend money on this substance again... it costs a lot for the effects he's been feeling lately, and rectal admin isn't always better than oral (it's unpredictable, and can sometimes result in *slower* absorption).

9. WrtngCocaineTutorial

WrtngCocaineTutorial Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    hmmm. this was interesting. After such a long period, and without the full effects. Might Methylone also cause oxidation in the brain, just like MDMA?
    has anone used antioxidans while using methylone?

10. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Sounds likely WCT, though it may be via another mechanism than MDMA.

I agree with Alfa on dosing - all doses SWIM recommended were oral. However, You is far from naive. You might as well decide on an in-between total dose and take it all at once rather than splitting over 15 minutes, since that time will not tell you if you took too much, and any larger gap will screw it up. Resist the temptation to redose, as this really seems to undermine the effect you are seeking. Also keep in mind that Methylone's intensity can become overwhelming, and Alfa is right that after 300mg oral, methylone dose response curve becomes precipitously steep, and bad things could happen...

11. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    All I can say is that "he wishes." Only happened the first time, and it was incredibly awesome to be overwhelmed like that :). All other experiences were tame in comparison.

12. halftone

halftone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    ...have to agree with you Nicaine....I found the first time with mehtylone amazing, and remarked at the time that it was nearly as satisfying an experience as mdma. The 2nd, 3rd, & 4th time - it was with diminishing effects each time...until the 5th time in which SWIM experienced literally what felt like a 2 minute peak. Tried really upping the dose last time, and all that does is seem to bring on a peak that is so foggy-headed and 'out-of-it' that one can't really enjoy the experience that much...

13. Each Hit

Each Hit Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    perhaps the novelty of a drug is as influential as the drug itself.

I would also like to reiterate the necessity for caution when dosing over 250mg, regardless of one's past experience. sometimes, one's mind desires more than one's body can tolerate. not to mention the fact that long term effects of this substance are unknown.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  14. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    SWIF tried a lower dose of about 180/190 mg orally and found it stimulating but not euphoric or intense. What would you guys reccommend to give SWIF a strong euphoric intense experience?

15. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    ~250 mg is a good dose for SWIM.

16. RunRedFox

RunRedFox Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swims used ALOT of methylone from various vendors. swim administers via insufflation and does not bother to weigh this chemical as he has experienced few negative effects apart from sleep depriviation, physical exhuastion and depleted nutrients which are fixed with a multi vitamin and sleep.

but swim also noticed methylone start to lose its magic but after a break of a few weeks and return to regular exercise and nutrition the magic returned when dosing about a month down the line. I think during both methylone and mdma alot of the negative effects result from sleep deprivation, not eating, dehydration, and lack of vitamins...

on dose; swims gotten noticable effects insufflated at 70mg's and he and his woman have insufflated 500mg's each with no reprecussion.

I like insufflating methylone best as he enjoys the sweet strange smell of methylone and starting small and slowly working up allows You to get the dose right and avoid dissapointment by going to low.

17. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    You madman. It is a strange smell indeed.

18. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Nicaine, refer to my earlier MDPV warning posts, i believe you now have a better understanding of what i meant...

as far as insufflating M1 - rxbandit, are you perchance thinking your sinuses are evil and thus must be destroyed without delay? let me assure you, they are not - especially considering the importance of their proper functioning in the future.

the sweet smell is...maple syrop?

19. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Sort of... given the few times I have used methylone, he really doesn't know why it should have had major effects upon first use, and very little in terms of effects now. He thinks it's possible (albeit unlikely) that any substance doing something like that may be causing long-lasting brain damage. Not that it matters, as long as no other side effect beyond "long-term tolerance" can be pinpointed.

As far as MDPV goes, SWIM's tolerance/reaction to other stimulants (and chemical substances in general) has not changed, at least as far as he's aware. He does not believe MDPV has had any negative effects on his neurochemistry at all, aside from short-term dopamine depletion following extended periods of use (bounceback period 3-5 days).

20. Dreamland

Dreamland Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.S.A.
    I have been really interesting in methylone, but has a few concerns as it's been many years since I have done MDMA..

ok a few questions -

1.What's the safety on methylone compared to MDMA?
    2.Compared to MDMA, can it downregulate your nuerochemicals? If I use once to twice a month max, will SWIM noticed that SWIM's horribly depressed?
    3.(slightly OT)Where could SWIM find a scale that measure out "Milligrams" as opposed to grams, which SWIM already has.. SWIM feel it's kinda risky just eyeballing what I think is like 200mg, and wadda ya know it's 700mg!

Answers to these would be wounderful and appreciated!

Thanks!