Other - Methylone Law in the US

Discussion in 'Beta-Ketones' started by cadillac555, Sep 3, 2006.

1. cadillac555

cadillac555 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I was wondering if someone could shed some light on the laws concerning Methylone in the US. The only source he has found that has half-way decent prices is located in Europe, ( which he does'nt even know if it is legit since he has never used it ) and I am curious if customs would confiscate it if they opened up his letter and found the goodies. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2010
  2. turkeyphant

turkeyphant Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    They can and have "caught" it. It could possibly be considered an "analog" of MDMA. Even though it is not specifically scheduled, you will probably decide that it is not worth the risk.

3. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ^ Not to downplay the risks in any way, but I've never heard of methylone being seized by US customs. Have I missed the report?

4. turkeyphant

turkeyphant Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Okay, maybe I was overplaying the risks (no harm in that, right? ;)) - a cursory review of various reports didn't yield what I was looking for - but I don't doubt it has happened somewhere sometime. Other vaguely similar items have well been seized and I certainly wouldn't rule it out in the near future.

5. Each Hit

Each Hit Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I has ordered from a vendor that supplies methylone with no difficulties (or opened packages). so, there's no reason to think that if he had ordered methylone from this vendor that things would have been any different. not sure how things would work if your package was opened. it's ultimately your decision.

6. turkeyphant

turkeyphant Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Regardless, the risks are still there. Especially when vendors include a return address on the packaging and customs are on the lookout for anything suspicious.

7. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    I asked this elsewhere and apparently both in US and Uk law it comes under a grey area and noone can really be certain on the conciquences. It goes without saying however that anyone ordering this substance should order in low amounts and be weary of having substances at the end address.

8. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Is there any solid proof that the DEA/U.S. Customs are screening for methylone? If nobody has any proof, I feel that speculation is counterproductive. If it's gonna be illegal eventually (of which there's no doubt in SWIM's mind), why scare people away from ordering now, at the only time they *can* order it (without fear of going to jail)? If it's a legal gray area, chances are the worst to happen would be a customs seizure & wasted money.

9. turkeyphant

turkeyphant Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    They are not screening for methylone in particular but they do look out for any drugs with recreational use especially if they may fall under analogue laws. I don't intend to "scare" people - rather make them understand the possible consequences of their actions and the risks involved.

Never underestimate the worst that could happen.

1. 4/5,
      excellent point
      Sep 12, 2006
  10. turkeyphant

turkeyphant Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    It is not specifically scheduled so could be argued to be "legal" but it is likely that it is considered an MDMA analogue under US law.

11. fastandbulbous

fastandbulbous Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Unlike the US, the UK has very precise & specific designations of what is and what isn't a controlled drug. Now unless the UK law was altered on July 1st 2006 (and I cant find any evidence that it was - they ony issue modification orders to include extra drugs in the MoDA twice a year on 1st Jan & 1st July), methylone isn't a controlled drug in the UK; neither is it a POM (prescription only medicine) or a S1 poison, so doesn't come under the remit of the Medicines Act or the Poisons Act. In fact there are NO legal controls on this compound ,in the UK, at the moment (but keep watching the Home Office site as if it remains a popular compound, it will eventually become scgeduled)

1. 5/5,
      great info!
      Sep 22, 2006