1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Effects - Metoclopromide Recreational Use?

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by enhancion01, Feb 5, 2009.

1. enhancion01

enhancion01 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    swim is wondering if Metoclopramide can get you high.

is it safe to take and also what is a good recreational dose?
    swim read hallucinations are one of the side effects...

Anyone know about this strange drug erowid didint have much info about it niether did google

2. chillinwill

chillinwill

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Re: Metoclopramide PLEASE HELP

No clue as to your question but please stop asking the question so many times and starting new threads each time. If somebody is going to help SWIY, be patient and give them time to reply.

3. honourableone

honourableone R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male

It is a dopamine agonist, and I wouldn't definitely say that it isn't recreational, but I can't find any evidence saying that it is. It just appears to prevent nausea, and seems to have quite a few unpleasant side effects. The only way hallucination would occur as a side effect is with some brain damage - ie. this is one of the side effects http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroleptic_malignant_syndrome.

I dislike this trend of people asking if any pharm they come across can "get them high", as well as taking pills they know nothing about that they found at the back of someones medicine cabinet. At least you asked though, but I would be interested to know why your post displayed such an urgency.

4. enhancion01

Reputation Points:
    Male

To the urgancy... someone just died and swim ended up with these Metoclopramide pills... she wanted to know if these pills had any recreational value b4 she hauled off and just popped some random pills that say "may cause drowsyness" or threw them away.
    So far from what swim has learned, swim is going to just use them in low dose for nausia when taking opiates.

Someone going threw chemotherapy was recently using these pills for nausia and died fighting cancer :eek:. Also left behind some cylobenzaprines and morphine. And swim is a fan of both lol ... :hoover:

5. honourableone

honourableone R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male

I still see no need for urgency, you wouldn't have had to have popped the pills if you didn't know they were safe (unless you wouldn't be able to keep them).

Anyway, congratulations on morphine and cyclobenzaprines, and apologies if the person who died was someone that you knew. It would be interesting to know how good metoclopramide is at stopping opiate nausea.

6. enhancion01

Reputation Points:
    Male

Swim will post her experience with using Metoclopramide to battle the nausia assotiated with opiat use

7. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

its a dopamine agonist, and a potent one, assuming its the pure chemical, it certainly wouldnt hurt to try. its structure is slightly reminiscent of sympathomimmetic drugs, but I imagine it has a unique action.

Edit:as a possible stimulant, this is in the wrong forum.

8. tyranny4u

tyranny4u Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male

it could let someone get more from opiates / opioides and sedative drugs.
    that's all SWIM knows.

9. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.K.
    As a Dopamine Agonist this one also has the potential for some fairly hefty acute dystonic/dyskinetic reactions (especially in young males)