1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Opinions - Micro-dosing to treat depression????

Discussion in 'Magic Mushroom use' started by Leilani43, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Leilani43

Leilani43 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    Was hoping someone has tried using shrooms (at a micro-dose) to treat depression? Pharma has not been successful, and ive been seeing some interesting articles showing that people are having good results! Apparently, you would do apx 1/10th the usual dose a few times a week, or every four days or so. I have never done them, so I dont know what a "usual" dose is. ive read that your not supposed to feel any of the psych. effects, if you do, then the dose is too high. If anyone has tried this method please report and let me know how much you did, how you did it (ie cushed and put in a capsule seems to be the favored way) and most of all, did you see a benefit??

thanks all!!

2. Emilita

Emilita Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Sorry to hear that that anti depressants haven't been working for you that is a shame, althought l have no personal experience with micro dosing shrooms to help with depression you might find the following news articles helpful in relation to your question:

- Psilocybin drugs derived from magic mushrooms might treat severe depression: https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=211664

- Healing trip: how psychedelic drugs could help treat depression - https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254625

- Magic Mushroom 'Micro Doses' for Treating Depression Feels Like--What? - https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274636

Hopefully someone with more experience on this subject will be able to reply and help you with the knowledge you seek, l can't seem to find anymore resources or experience reports relating to microdosing shrooms but there are reports on microdosing LSD and they might be helpful in giving you some insight.

Good luck

3. Hardstepa

Hardstepa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I was just thinking about starting a thread about the same thing. I have been reading lots over the last year or so about the health benefits of Shrooms. It's Shroom season in my area just now so I am about to start micro-dosing. I only suffer mild depression and anxiety and I would say lack of motivation is my main problem. I tripped over the weekend starting with one gram on Friday night as a test dose then on Sunday I took three grams and had a full blown trip. Of course this isn't micro-dosing but I'm going to start doing about a 1/4G once or twice a week and see how it affects me.

4. renacer

renacer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I've never microdosed shrooms, though I did take a 25 ug microdose of LSD once and felt a very noticeable mood boost but with no visuals or anything. It's not completely correct to say you don't want any psych effects - rather you don't want to be tripping. There is a such thing as not taking enough.

I would recommend a first try with 200mg dried shrooms and see how that goes. You can gauge the effectiveness by focusing on your mood and being aware of your internal narrative. My more experienced psychedelic user friends say microdosing requires a lot of self-awareness to work.