Microdosing mushrooms and also taking psych meds

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by ghostcat, Dec 19, 2017.

1. ghostcat

ghostcat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    25 y/o from California, United States
    Hello, I am very interested in pursuing microdosing of mushrooms in the next month or two. I am currently on low doses of prozac, trileptal, and hydroxizine. I have been diagnosed with bipolar 2, depression and anxiety. I've read enough already to grasp the consensus that anxiety + shrooms = bad time, but I have had several good experiences with psychedelics and i have an understanding that microdosing may be the best possible option for someone like me. Does anyone have any experience with microdosing psychadelics and also continuing their prescribed psych meds? I have no problem with the idea of discontinuing my meds and using microdosing in their place, I am just curious to know if it is the recommended option. Thank you so much for any response/advice and thanks for being here. Xoxo

2. ladywolf2012

ladywolf2012 Got diamonds in the soles of my shoes! Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    68 y/o from Foothills of Arizona
    My immediate thought was about the serotinin that mushrooms release, and how that would combine with prozac (fluoxetine) in particular. After doing some research, I found the following old thread in our archives, which addresses both the possibility of serotonin syndrome, and also the issue of the SSRI antidepressant blocking the effect of the mushrooms:

https://drugs-forum.com/threads/taking-ssris-and-psilocybin-magic-mushrooms.18965/

There's a lot of information in there to ponder.

Stay safe and good luck.