1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Microdosing mushrooms and also taking psych meds

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by ghostcat, Dec 19, 2017.

1. ghostcat

ghostcat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    25 y/o from California, United States
    Hello, I am very interested in pursuing microdosing of mushrooms in the next month or two. I am currently on low doses of prozac, trileptal, and hydroxizine. I have been diagnosed with bipolar 2, depression and anxiety. I've read enough already to grasp the consensus that anxiety + shrooms = bad time, but I have had several good experiences with psychedelics and i have an understanding that microdosing may be the best possible option for someone like me. Does anyone have any experience with microdosing psychadelics and also continuing their prescribed psych meds? I have no problem with the idea of discontinuing my meds and using microdosing in their place, I am just curious to know if it is the recommended option. Thank you so much for any response/advice and thanks for being here. Xoxo

2. ladywolf2012

ladywolf2012 Got diamonds in the soles of my shoes! Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    67 y/o from Foothills of Arizona
    My immediate thought was about the serotinin that mushrooms release, and how that would combine with prozac (fluoxetine) in particular. After doing some research, I found the following old thread in our archives, which addresses both the possibility of serotonin syndrome, and also the issue of the SSRI antidepressant blocking the effect of the mushrooms:

https://drugs-forum.com/threads/taking-ssris-and-psilocybin-magic-mushrooms.18965/

There's a lot of information in there to ponder.

Stay safe and good luck.