Mid-week depression and X

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by WrtngCocaineTutorial, Jun 9, 2006.

1. WrtngCocaineTutorial

WrtngCocaineTutorial Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    MAny people report a mid-week depression, after using X. "sometimes as strong as a mild clinical depression".

Are there mild drugs to counter that side effect?:crazy

2. matti_2003

matti_2003 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Use the search engine, theres loads of threads about this. Some people take 5-HTP to restore their Serotonin but many people are skeptical that this has any affects. Some people smoke weed, drink alcohol etc

Last edited: Jun 10, 2006
  3. dnb warrior

dnb warrior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    taking less E is probably the best way to counter that side effect, but failing that lots of alcohol usually takes ur mind off it, and eating a lot of food and taking vitamins helps i think.

4. swamipremkavi

swamipremkavi Newbie

Reputation Points:
    midweek blues get worse

I used to use x regularly (say a few every weekend) he noticed the emotional flatness gain momentum in the start of the week usually peaking around wednesday afternoon. Still once the weekend rolled around again I was unperturbed by the receding heartache. unfortunately swim found that it got continually worse and even when using x found it no longer was the appropriately named substance it used to be and just wanted it to be over (on this occasion swim successfully escaped from these sad and sinking feelings with amph). I tried various other brands of x thinking the problem was the quality but to the same outcome. eventually giving it up totally for over two years. I has had it again occassionally and it still isn't great but certainly has improved for the break. my guess is an easily exhaustible supply of seratonin. once it's gone it's hard to get back. I did have a good experience but while on SSRI's (cipramil, avanza) but only the first couple times and would be hesitant about endorsing such use mainly because swim found the SSRI's to be quite personality altering. Fine if you don't like who you are or the suicidal tendencies leave no option i suppose.

5. WrtngCocaineTutorial

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    SSRI are really supposed to take two weks before they begin to work(treating normal depression), reacon it would help to eat them after a roll? (<

Did You get suicidal tendence after a roll? :(

6. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    If your rat insists on taking such, then take it less often if the flip-side of the coin (depression) is too much for the rat. Other than that, there is an old addage: "If you want to play, then you got to pay."

That was written about getting drunk and having a hangover for those that cried and complained. Now while MDMA is quite different from alcohol, taking it often will make you hurt. So a good rat should space this activity out to lessen the 'pay' phase. Or the rat could get a calendar and mark the days the rat will be taking the MDMA, and then write the letter 'D' for the next series of days - depending on frequency of the rats' appetite.

7. RPS

RPS Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Agreed

Nagognog2's opinion makes sense, and I agree entirely with him.

I would not even attempt to counter-act the whole depression problem.
    Just remember what it feels like when You are about to pop another pill (<

Cheers,

RPS

8. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    How usual are these midweek depressions? I have never ever had one. I did X for 2-4 times a week for around 1,5 years, in massive amounts. Now before anyone start spanking SWIM, let him just add that this was in the past and he knows better now. Anyway, once in a while I was a little moody at most for a few hours, but never depressed. Tired, but not depressed. Could it be that a depression is just around the corner? After effects have been felt of course, but nothing that comes even close to depression.

9. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    All I can say to that is - "You lucky, lucky barstard"! That Tuesday feeling is a bitch without comparison, & has been a factor in British clubbing & mdma culture since it first hit. Dark, spiky, not worth bothering with times that somehow get forgotten by the time the weekend rolls around again, & which, A Certain Mouse tells me, became more of an inevitability as time went on, although were by no means a guaranteed occurrence.

There seems to be a link though between overall health & that Tuesday feeling. The Mouse in question noticed a distinct improvement once he started to sort his diet out, & his discovery of good ol' l-5htp played an
    important role he feels in staving off the horror that was Tuesday.

On a side note A Certain Mouse tells me he also used to get similar 'delayed comedowns' after dancing with Alice, but strangely never from the 'Shroom...

10. dnb warrior

dnb warrior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I think that this depression comes at different times of the week for different people and is also described differently by different people, it can be just a slow feeling or a tired feeling but depression is probably the best description...

anyways I used to feel so tired from spending the whole week climbing bit by bit out of the monday feeling back his normal mental state... he felt like he'd climbed a mountain and therefore needed to reward himself by going to a party or rave and taking more mdma... as you can see a viscious cycle, the type of cycle that so often features in discussions about drugs.
    break the cycle and things should improve.

11. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Yes I would say so too, most of My friends has gotten off easy too though...with a few exceptions, and those exceptions are true horror-stories.

12. N0ly

N0ly Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    now not suffering any depression whatsoever is that a good sign or just a sign that I am clinicaly deppressed to begin with?

13. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Generally a good sign, I've found... That Tuesday feeling is more often amplified if there is already an underlying depression.

14. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Unless...the depression is so deep that it could not virtually get any worse, but then again, if that was the case I would have jumped off a bridge a long time ago.

15. N0ly

N0ly Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM came close to that verything. it also sucks that SWIM's anti-depressants only hinder the x

16. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Then SWINOly should consider giving up X for some time. Be careful.

17. WrtngCocaineTutorial

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    does a valium work against this depression? or is that just for feeling calm and unanxious

hmmm. aren't there any fast acting anti deppresants (prescription drugs)

18. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Valium helps with anxiety, definitely not with the low mood. Think emotionally numb/sedated + depressed: Not a good combo.

For SWIJ, not drinking the day after (it's so tempting to get rat assed) and remembering to eat a nutritious meal is half the battle. Also ensuring that she "winds down" gradually: Walk home from club, cup of tea, couple of spliffs, some chilled music and a nature documentary with the sound off: All helps.

She agrees wholeheartedly with Nag: No pain, No gain!

19. N0ly

N0ly Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    oh I do it very rarely maybe once or twice a year at special occasions.