Mild allergy to MS

Discussion in 'Morphine' started by oldmanG, Dec 29, 2004.

1. oldmanG

oldmanG Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hey all,
    Is there anything I can do to control a mild allergy I seem to have to MS? I don't seem to have any bad symptoms except for a general itching (not even as bad as hives). I tolerate OC and other opiods well (been a oxy user for several years now), but I would like to use some M Sulphate I have. Anything I can do?

2. hacnslash

hacnslash Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  3. oldmanG

oldmanG Newbie

Reputation Points:
    perfect! Easy solution. Thanx.

4. hacnslash

hacnslash Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    don't overdo it though, antihistamines are known deliriants plus my specific example will make you feel uber heavy if you do it, with morphine that might be an overwhelming feeling, it's pretty overwhelming by itself.

5. oldmanG

oldmanG Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Unfortunately I have several debilitating medical conditions which have required me to take pain meds for many years. I have quite the opiod tolerance. I tolerate OxyContin and Fentnyl like a champ. I have never been prescribed Morphine due to a full blown aleric reaction while in hospital (no respiratory complications, but full body rash and delirium). However, I have taken Codine and derivatives in the past with no ill effect. I want to test my theory that I was having some other sort of reaction or that a smaller dose will do me no ill.

6. Sasha Gulag

Sasha Gulag Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    Im assuming youre in a pain management

here are some other, high power opies you could talk to the doc about:

Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) nice stuff. Can be insufflated or injected like oxy pills, but with no time release crap in it.

Numorphan(Oxymorphone) This is the strongest of the ___Codone/___morphone family. Is almost identical to oxycodone so no allergy should occur

Demerol(Meperidine) A synth opioid. Some people report shaky hands w/ prolonged use. Around MS in potency

Levo-Dromoran (Levorphanol) This stuff is heavy. lasts 12 hours without a time release. is the levo-isomer of DXM, but is not a painkiller and not trippy

Dolophine(Methadone) long lasting ~18 hours. May make you a lil dizzy.

7. hacnslash

hacnslash Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i think levomethorphan is the levo-isomer of dxm (as in dextromethorphan), levorphanol is a similar substance...not quite the same though.

8. Sasha Gulag

Sasha Gulag Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    right, levomethorphan is the true isomer of dxm

levorphanol is the isomer of dextrorphan, the de-methylated cousin.

levomethrphan is much milder the levorphanol, LXM is equivalent in potency to hydrocodone

the racemic "DL" compund is something called racemorphan

an opioid of morphine potency with disassociatve qualities as well.

basically like taking morphine and DXM at once

its schedule one so its not on the market. maybe theres a way to racemize DXM. there isnt, i read a discussion on the hive about this, any attempt to "levo-ize" or racemize DXM would destroy it. maybe some hero will find a way. this of course will be the end of otc DXM as we know it tho

9. hacnslash

hacnslash Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yea i don't think it's possible to take a compound and turn it the other way around, somebody somewhere once mentioned the "isomer fairies", not sure where, but i'm sure i read it somewhere...they probably won't show up :D

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    I love the itching caused by opies. But yes sometimes it can be annoying a anti-histamine is no. 1 then. what i definately would prefer to that though is something that helps peeing cause its really annoying to stand there and not be able to pee![​IMG]

11. psychedelicgrad

psychedelicgrad Newbie

Reputation Points:
    benadryl cream or hydrocortisone has always worked well for me, and you wont get the interaction effects like extreme drowsiness, ect.