mimicry

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by dip, Aug 10, 2006.

1. dip

dip Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Just to clarify, marijuana will mimick the last drug used, and it can be any drug?
    How long does this mimicry last? until SWIM's tolerance is gone?
    And if SWIM combined 2 drugs, he assumes that MJ will imitate both?

Anyone have links to scientific information regarding this? I'm interested in how marijuana can 'act like a different drug' but I can't find any info on it.

2. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    pardon me, but WTF r u talkin about... sry to come off rude, but I don't quite agree with swiys theory? Swim hates to say the theory is bogus, but it is, maybe this should be in the "funny shit" forum

PS. Isn't my new signature sick!

3. tre2005be

tre2005be Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    i aint quite sure what he is on about either. swim knows that mj will potentiate or give a different type of high to certain drugs but has never heard of a person experiencing the same effects of the last drug that they had ingested when smoking mj. this just sounds like a completely bogus idea, that probably doesn't have any of the scientific data that you are looking for, to back it up. If you do find some please share it with the board, but i wouldn't hold your breath.

P.s
    if i have got the wrong end of the stick here and you are going on about something else, please tell me, so i can edit my post as to not look like a complete rusty brown donut.

4. matti_2003

matti_2003 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Mmmm this weed feels like a good dose of DMT :)

5. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    if this theory were true...smoking weed after one had just smoked weed would cause the weed to feel like weed. makes total sense!

6. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    lol
    there was a thread a while back that said how weed has aspects of every drug in it, kinda, flawed thinking but kinda intresting. Weed has somewhat of a depressent feeling, kinda stimulating, definately a pyscahdelic (of sorts) feeling. IDK just throwning some stuff out there.

7. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    definitely true. when I would freak out from smoking, he'd experience the psychedelic effects full scale. faces morphing, objects subtly changing, etc. he'd get the auditory hallucinations one can experience from stimulants, and the mellowness of a depressant.

now it mostly just feels like a depressant to him. but swim can see where that thread is coming from..kinda

nice new signature btw jesusfreak! you should throw "maximum charisma" in there somewhere. or "256 dexterity with bong construction"

8. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I ran out of room, but under funny shit i started a thread dedicated to our role playing game... havent though of a name, Drugania maybe... idk

9. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    dungeons and drugans?

10. dip

dip Newbie

Reputation Points:
    for example, after recent LSA-seed digestion, days or months of being drug-free, I would smoke MJ and receive the same body high and other effects. The psychological aspect is not included. Physical symptons also appear like vasoconstriction. There is no pupil dilation but visuals can occur.

11. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    I has had effects of a dxm trip come back when smoking weed hours after the experience was over, but never anything like days or months afterward. swim's never heard of anything like that...but more power to You if thats the effect she/he gets

12. j_jax

j_jax Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have had a couple mini-trips when smoking the day after rolling, but never felt the same effects as the last drug done just from smoking. That'd be, like, killer dude. lol

13. dip

dip Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ah wasn't thinking when i made that post, heh.

-- it must have been a flashback,

so marijuana can induce an LSA or LSD flashback, i've heard it can also work with mushrooms? Anyone else experience a flashback with a different substance from MJ ?

And the greater the LSA dose, the greater the flashback.

14. Forthesevenlakes

Reputation Points:
    I has had mj-induced dxm flashbacks before after a trip. many lab rats report similar experiences with the combination of these two substances.

15. pappascowler

pappascowler Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    while smoking MJ I had small 'flashbacks' up to 2 weeks after injesting 2C-i.

16. INodHardOhYeah

INodHardOhYeah Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    When I read this I was reminded of a conversation I had recently with a friend of mine.
    (Sitting in silence in the car)
    X:Ok man so you know how aliens are flying by every now and then to check up on us, how.... (asks multiple technical and other bullshit questions)
    Me: Wow, what the fuck, you can't just start out a sentence by saying some crazy shit like that, like your stating a goddamn fact or something, then ask me a whole bunch of crazy questions.

(My buddy telling another story)
    X: Ok so I was in chicago last week and this homeless guy walked up to me and was like;
    homeless guy: hey man you got 50cents?
    X: no sorry.
    homeless guy: Yeah well, you got two quarters?
    X: yeah hold on a second....
    X: When I realized he had tricked me, it was already too late.