Oral use - Miracle berry Fruit makes SOUR , taste Sweet. Kratom is sour!?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by RelaxForMe, Nov 22, 2013.

1. RelaxForMe

RelaxForMe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'm going to be doing an order for ' Miracle berry "

It makes lime and lemons taste sweet.

Lime juice tastes like sprite.

Hot sauce taste smooth.

Etc...

Kratom is sour. So i wonder if it'll taste Good!.

If it tastes as good as it tastes Bad and sour normally. I bet it'll be a delicacy!. Anyone else have expereince with this Berry

I gag on the taste of kratom so i really want to do it . Look into it guys and let me know what you think!

2. Basoodler

Basoodler Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from isle_of_man
    Things taste bad for a reason for the most part.. for instance lemon juice and hot sauce , if made to taste good , allowing for more to be consumed.. will have you wishing it never tasted good...

Just be careful with it.. if those weird taste bud receptor proteins thingies even work

3. RelaxForMe

RelaxForMe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Oh i know they work. And i will be careful with it . but it Provides great relief to those with diabetes who can't eat sugar . And i'm into herbalism so i know how to be safe with usage. I won't over do my dosage but not gaging for once would be Incredible.

imagine if it tastes like Monster energy drinks? lol.

Also i'm a culinary arts student ( cooking ) so Experimenting with this kind of thing is an all around interest for me. I've read about a long of people who had success using it. I'll report back as soon as i can pick a good source to buy it from. Trying to decide on if i want fresh or packaged berries....

4. Subvert

Subvert Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from scotland
    I don't like the taste of Kratom either, so I bought a bunch of empty gelcaps (largest I could find) &
    Filled them then wiped them with a tissue to take away the excess powder.

Let us know your results. : )

5. RelaxForMe

RelaxForMe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah but i know of a herbalist who has been in business 33 years who works right next door to my culinary college. And he says no herbalists use capsules all the time. That using capsules is an unnatural, north american thing. Not to be stuck up i am From New york lol but I want to follow his advice.

Like basoodler said Flavor can be an indication of something. But I've been using kratom for 4 months now and i'm aware of the nausea that can be accompanied by over doing it.

Am i the only one who thinks that it is going to taste like monster? I'm going to order it on monday because even if i order it today nothing ships over the week end. i'll keep everybody posted.

I want a good discussion!.

6. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    :::rolls eyes::: like vaccines, hygiene, and labor laws... all terrible burdens on society!

A good essay on the flavor stuff brought up above is The Green and the White by Andrew Wile MD, well worth tracking down.

Excited to hear how this goes. I'm under the impression that bitter compounds won't trigger the miraculin, but there's surprisingly few reports from the psychedelic community on this stuff to confirm or deny.

7. Phenoxide

Phenoxide Super Moderator

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    I'd say kratom is bitter rather than sour, and miracle berry doesn't affect perception of bitterness. Still, it'd be interesting to hear what effect it has on the taste of kratom.

The best suggestion I've heard for masking the taste is ianzombie's suggestion to mix it into some pesto.

8. baselined

baselined Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    How are you consuming your kratom, RelaxForMe?

If it is in powder form, I doubt that you would notice much of a difference, besides, the grainy texture is unpleasant enough. Whole leaf, well, I hope you wouldn't just start eating a bunch of dried whole leaf. It would be best if you could obtain fresh leaf (as far as a successful experiment goes), alas, not going to happen, at least outside of Indochina. Perhaps it could help mask the taste of the tea?

I tried "miracle berries" a few years ago. I tried everything: vinegar, lemon, lime, sour cream, club soda, various liqueurs, etc. Some worked great, others not so much; however, most of the foods I tried did have at least a slightly altered taste to them. The best was the citrus fruits, they resembled what lime and lemon candy should taste like, if they didn't use artificial flavorings. Absolutely stunning!

It would definitely be an interesting experiment. You would probably benefit from using them with tea, and adding a healthy amount of lemon or lime to it.

EDIT: Lastly, depending on the companies shipping policy, the post office is open Saturdays, so if they ship it out on Saturday, then it will start flying out to you that day (priority mail shipped on Saturday always arrives at my place on Monday). I believe that the USPS's shipping planes still run on Sunday, they just won't deliver to your door, obviously ;)

You could also try your local sex shop. They are often sold on erotica websites as "oral enhancers" haha

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  9. RelaxForMe

RelaxForMe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    lool. I am a vegan naturalist. A lot of those things i would imagine wouldn't be very altered.

In the past i have brewed kratom into a tea, and i'm totally sick of it!. lol I might just do Toss n wash for now because i can't tolerate this anymore!.

Also, I'll let you guys know if it alters kratom. It is bitter but There's only one way to find out!>

And i am using the Dried leaf. Bali , Maeng da and green malay i have a pound of each .

Each tastes differently too. So Let the experimenting begin!... i will report back witihn a week!. if anyone else has the berries and Kratom try it for me sooner!.

10. Amazing Jeans

Amazing Jeans Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    It might just be me but I would rather Kratom remained tasting so bad as that means only the people that really want the effects will try it.

All this lets make it taste like Candy will only make it become more mainstream and therefore more likely to be banned soon.

Think what you are doing people, it seems there are quite a few young members on this forum that think they know it all because they have been taking Kratom for a few months who need to take a few steps back and think about what they are saying/doing.

Peace. :)

11. Bamerit

Bamerit Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.K.
    Am i the only one who quite likes the taste of kratom mixed with some water? :)

12. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    The only advice we can give is to you is to go to your doctor or to an A&E ward immediately.
    This is very obviously a sign that something is seriously wrong, please get yourself checked out by a professional ;)

13. RelaxForMe

RelaxForMe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

It's not That bad with water. But if you boil it it's atleast 10x worse tasting. but cold water not so much very tolerable.

14. rawbeer

rawbeer Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'd say Phenoxide nailed it here, the bitter/sour thing has come up before:

https://drugs-forum.com/threads/163840&highlight=miracle+berry

Dealing with bitter plant alkaloids is just something every ethnobotanical enthusiast must conquer in their own way. This is medicine, and the sweet feelings of euphoria it brings must walk hand in hand with that awful bitterness. There's a strange beauty to it, really.

Personally I think the easiest way is to mix kratom with some fruit juice in a little jar, shake it up and down it.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  15. RelaxForMe

RelaxForMe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I'm not going to disagree, i've even stated in up above in this thread what you said in all practicality. But I have a curiosty Is all. I'm not going to be going above my normal dose . I'm a herbalist and i want to experiment with the miracle Berry. And kratom is just one thing that i will be tasting I will be enjoying much more things.

But i figured this would add to Drugs-forum So i'll be posting it here.

The idea that kratom could taste as Good as it does Normally taste bad excited me. I'm in for a real treat if that is the case.

Once again i'll be updating As soon as possible on the reality of the berry's effect on kratom.

16. rawbeer

rawbeer Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You should definitely try it. For some reason when I submitted that post only the first sentence showed up, so I had to re-write the whole thing and left out a few things. I should have stated that I am very interested to hear how this would turn out.

For me, the worst thing about kratom tea is this: with a lot of lemon juice, the bitterness and acidity and heat combine to make kratom tea taste to me basically identical to hot puke coming up from my belly. So the miracle berry masking the heavy lemon taste could be pretty nice actually.

I actually think that aside from the bitterness, kratom tastes pretty good. A lot like tea, really. Unfortunately I don't think there's any way around the bitterness if you still want to get high. However if you just mix it in liquid without boiling and down it, it's not bad. Your stomach will extract the alkaloids. I've left kratom sitting in cold water for hours and then drank it, didn't taste bad at all. I even had a few non-users take a sip and they all confirmed that it just tastes like tea. One friend of mine actually liked it.

Anyway, please post the results if you try this! It would be a very interesting addition to DF.