1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Addiction - Mirtazapine to ease withdrawals

Discussion in 'Antidepressants' started by dihydromoron, Aug 31, 2009.

1. dihydromoron

dihydromoron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Hi all. This is my first thread, I've been a long time lurker but this is the first time I've not been able to find an answer using the search function

SWIM is currently addicted to dihydrocodeine, and recently it's gotten to the point where he's taking such large quantities of the drug, that the side effects he's experiencing far outweigh any pleasureable effects. He has been opiate addicted for around 3 years so has quite a large tolerance

He's decided (not for the first time) that it's time to quit, and He's all too familiar with the horrible withdrawals He has to endure when stopping

his question is, He has recently came upon a supply of mirtazapine 30mg (Remerol) tablets, will these help ease the insomnia and anxiety of the withdrawals?
    He has cannabis which he knows helps a GREAT deal, but he feels it isn't enough on it's own

2. diffs

diffs Silver Member

Reputation Points:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2012
  3. heroineADDICT

heroineADDICT Newbie

Reputation Points:
    swims prescribed mirtazapine and personally i think the sedative effects diminish extremely fast like within a few days id say the best choice, assuming you dont just want to go to your dr and get on the suboxone program [i woudnt bother with methadone your just swapping one addiction for another], would be benzodiazepines esspecially nitrazepam clonazipine or alprazolam