1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Effects - Mixing adderall and pure MDMA

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by jmk429, Oct 13, 2010.

1. jmk429

jmk429 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Would it be okay to take 10mg Adderall about 24 hours before taking Molly? I know Adderall stays in your system for at least 2-3 days. All the research I've done so far points to the fact that it's definitely not good to mix the two at the same time. Is 24 hours long enough to wait before taking Molly? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    I don't think there would be any problem. Just because it stays in your system for a few days doesn't mean it's still active. It's only active for 10-12 hours. I think swiy would be fine.

3. SamanthaRabbit

SamanthaRabbit Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Welcome to the forum!

First, because this is your first post I would recommend reading all of our forum rules just to be on the up and up!

When discussing substances it is important to speak in the third person and avoid using "I, Me, You, among others" because speaking in the first person is considered self incrimination which is against the rules on this forum :)

My rabbit has taken Adderall the morning before taking MDMA that night and didn't suffer any adverse effects. She did suffer adverse effects when taking them together and it was dumb of her and would like to reiterate that it is not good to mix the two together. There may be an answer more medically correct than my rabbit's but that is her experience.

4. User-126494

User-126494 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    According to literature SWIM's hamster has read, both amphetamines (Adderall), and MDMA are metabolized by the P450 cytochrome as many pharmaceuticals are. The specific enzyme is CYP2D6 and both have an inhibitory effect on 2D6, which will result in increased serum levels of both drugs, especially if taken concurrently and will lead to higher concentrations of both in one's system.

The effects of interactions on CYP2D6 are further outlined here in a paper which was added to a discussion on the potential interactions of St. John's Wort. It's a good read, if SWIY's hamster is interested in pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic interactions.

Ecstasy Pharmacodynamic and Pharmacokinetic Interactions.pdf

However, given the levels of Adderall and the time between dosing, this should not be a problem since the half-life of Adderall is approximately 12 hours. After 24 hours there will be only 25% active in the system, perhaps even less given that some will be excreted via urine completely unmetabolized.

SWIM's hamster doesn't think these would be a good combination taken at the same time, and would likely be similar to any other MDMA and amphetamine or cocaine combination. Subjectively, it would be less than stellar, and many hamsters have reported, not to mention the metabolic issues and potential cardiovascular stress of these two interacting.

SWIY's hamster will most likely be fine in this case.

Be well...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  5. Dr. Satan

Dr. Satan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    Amphetamines have a plasma life of 4 - 6 hours, meaning that it stays in the blood for about that long. After that period of time the body starts to purge it. The half life (time it takes for half of the remaining substance to be purged) is about 4 hours, so after 48 hours more or less 0,02% of the original dose is left in the body. Larger doses can take much more time to be purged.

2 - 3 days is related to the fact that Amphetamine levels should be below detectable concentrations in the blood or urine. (In the case of blood or urine tests)

The Devil totally agree with Wanderer about MDMA and Amphetamine combination, and will also add that Adderall could slightly interact with MDMA the next day because of its dopaminergic properties. Because CNS stimulants interact with nerves using Dopamine, Norepinephrine and Serotonin (5 hydroxy tryptamine or 5-HT).