Combinations - Mixing Different Benzodiazepines

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by Dopamine, May 1, 2004.

1. Dopamine

Dopamine Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    i juss popped 2 15 Mg temazepam and im feelin pretty good and im wondering if it would be a bad idea to pop a nitrazepam 10 mg

2. NukaCola

NukaCola Guest

Reputation Points:
    as you should know from the manual, mixed different benzos add up, and I'm not sure if 25 mg is within bounds of a safe dose.

3. sexybabe04

sexybabe04 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Xanax (Alprazolam) and Valium (Diazepam) Combination?

i was wondering if anyone has ever taken those two (xanex and valium) together. and if you have what happened??

4. Gahaba22

Gahaba22 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Valium and xanax are very similar drugs. Valium is a longer acting benzo with some muscle relaxing properties. You have to be more careful of rebound anxiety and withdrawals from xanax. Taking them together would not make any sense.

geeb

5. Bluelight25

Bluelight25 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have a neurologist/pharmo friend who recently solved this little issue for me with Alprazolam. [For my anxiety] The effective mechanisms of tolerance work like this, Body and Brain- to take Xanax/Alpraz for ex:

Brain: "Wow, there sure is alot of GABAativation happening around here! Time to cut back production." [tolerance]

Body/Liver: "Wow,[for want of a more descriptive analogy] -"there sure is alot of Xanax floating around here lately! Let me make some anti-Xanaxenzymesto even this shit out." [Tolerance, part II]

But the primary problem is the repetative nature of"so-and-so" a day on the receptors. Tolerance is based on REPETITION in linear sequence.So, what you have to do -"trick your brain"byintroducing a progressively alterednon-linear sequence. Like dance steps: 2,3,1,0,2,2,1,3,2,1,3,2,1,3,0,0,1,2,2, 0,2,3 [2 pills, 3 pills,1 pill, no pills, two pills, two pills, 1 pill, 3 pills, 2 pills, 1 pill...you get the idea.]

Incidentally, Benzos are are horrible solution to the problem of Anxiety by definition, though they are, without doubt, my Fav. Anxiety is CHRONIC, the activity of benzos is ACUTE: Dependency, inevitable.

6. wlee

wlee Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Klonopin (Clonazepam) and Xanax (Alprazolam)

Thinking of combining Klonopin and Xanax anybody have any experience with this? Or is this just asking for trouble? (well, i know the Obvious risks but...)

7. QGdoxl

QGdoxl Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    I took some clonazapam on sunday and today is the first day I can
    recall everything. the lst three days were hell. Aparently
    I went to work and was sent home. I have no recolection of this.

I think they are strong enough alone. my $.02

8. Red_Baran

Red_Baran Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swim mixed xanax and valium (huge amounts) for months with no problems, although swim probly wouldn’t recommend it

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2009
  9. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Benzodiazepine combinations

After reading that ibuprofen (600-800mg) taken 30mins before benzos produces a "dope-like effect" (still trying to find an answer to this), it got SWIM thinking. Are there any other benzo combinations that produce stronger/different/unusual effects? Besides the common combos (benzo + marijuana, benzo + alcohol, etc), what else is there? Thanks.

10. BlueMystic

BlueMystic Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Please be careful when mixing benzo's with other CNS depressants. As the combination can very well be lethal. There are many combinations that can yield 'positive' results. At any rate. Always start with low dosages on all new substances and new combinations.

11. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    What I want to know is...is there any credence to ibuprofen having psychoactive activity at all? As a cox enzyme inhibitor, I dont think there should be any way it can potentiate other drugs or get one high, but has heard plenty of people say they catch a buzz off it, or that its great mixed with vicodin...SWIM's best guess is that the placebo effect is still an effect, but if anyone can give a definitive scientific answer to this, it'd be much appreciated.

12. shocker1369

shocker1369 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    xanax (alprazolam) and valium (diazepam) combinations

Hi. I have been taking xanax and valium together now for a few nights and they love the feeling. the first night they took five 5 mg valiums and three 1 mg xanax. the second night they took two 5 mg valiums and two 10mg valiums and four 1 mg xanax. now they just have a few questions. first, would they get higher just taking 10 mg valiums and 2 mg xanax bars instead of mixing it up with 5 mg valiums and 10 mg valiums and 1 mg xanax? like for example, on the second night would they have gotten higher just taking three 10 mg valiums and two 2 mg xanax bars instead of two 5 mg valiums two 10 mg valiums and four 1 mg xanax? second, is generic and strong as brand name because they get mixed answers on that. and third, would they get higher taking more valium and less xanax (like they have been), more xanax than valium, or equal? like what is a good ratio? Sorry for all the questions, they t really need to know and thanx alot for any help.

13. monkeyman

monkeyman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Lorazepam / Midazolam combos

Looking for euphoric what level should I does at. Swim regulary takes 6-8mg Lorazepam and swim now wants to add midazolam. Any method expect intraveneous would be acceptale for swim.

14. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Re: Lorazepam / Midazolam combos

Cut n pasted from another post:

"SWIJ has a single recreational experience of midazolam (iv).

She had a trusted sitter and the dose was titrated carefully. She was benzo naive at the time and used approx 1mg every 5 mins until 6mg were reached: At this point she was euphoric, sedated and having auditory and "thought process" hallucinations. She felt very sexual. Her sitter (female) reports that she was rather "frisky" also;)

The entire experience lasted approx 45 mins, with about an hour of grogginess after and a headache shortly after that. A degree of amnesia was present, but she retained the flavour of her experience. With hindsight this was an incredibly stupid and dangerous thing for her to do and certainly not an experience she would repeat."

Lorazepam for SWIJ was never a fun benzo. Far too much amnesia and fuzzy head/hangover effect the next day.

15. delphinen

delphinen Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from argentina
    Recommendations for benzo combo

After eating an hamburger to ease his stomach, he took TWO 2,5mg Lorazepam pills, 2 mg Clonazepam pills, ONE 2mg Flunitrazepam pill, ONE 350mg Carisoprodol pill and TWO 50mg Tramadol pills.

What he has in his stash is more Diazepam, Clonazepam, Lorazepam, Alprazolam, Flunitrazepam and Seroquel (this is not a benzo, I know its an antipsychotic)

should he take more to get a NICE BUZZ or it should be enough with what he took? he has already a little-medium tolerance to Benzos.

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Oct 27, 2007
  16. trptamene

trptamene Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Recommendations for benzo combo

I would be hesitant to give an answer.

Only someone who isn't you knows their body/mind and is in a much better position to make the decision, unless there is sometype of drug-drug interaction that You and I don't know about that jumps out from this page. That's a lot of drugs, and with each new one the risk of un-foreseen interactions increases exponentially.

If someone is happy with where they're at then why mess with it? (swim knows, easier said than done, particularly on benzos)

17. delphinen

delphinen Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    from argentina

The experience was positive :)

18. JaWill88

JaWill88 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o

to swim that seems like a lot of benzos to do at once. swims favorite is 2mg of clonazepam (Klonopin). he is feeling awesome. or like 40mg of diazepam (Valium). swim tends to like the medium - long acting benzos when by its self. they last longer and arent as intense. alprazolam (Xanax) is too short and strong for swim it seems hard to get the right dosage. its either too low and I amn't high or its too high and I am just knocked out. only thing alprazolam is good for is a comedown from stimulants.

19. PillJunkieXL

PillJunkieXL Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    mixing xanax and valium?

Good? Bad? SWM has 90 0.5MG xanax and 50 10MG valium. Would mixing the two be bad? anyone done it?

20. Stuck

Stuck Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: mixing xanax and valium?

SWIM just mixed 1mg xanax with 1mg lorazepam today. He fell asleep.

you'll probably fall asleep. Not recommended at all.