Mixing ecstasy Pills w/Alcohol

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by wheetees, Feb 7, 2007.

1. wheetees

wheetees Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I want to kno if you mix a pill with a shot does it hit faster.

2. Vysas

Vysas Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    Re: Mixing Pills w/Alchohol

Sometimes,someone...

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Mixing Pills w/Alcohol

It would not hit one faster. And mixing alcohol with MDMA is a generally bad idea. Alcohol will dehydrate one, and you need fluids wile using MDMA. It will also cause a headache for many people.

4. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Swim can tell you from experience (that he wished he didn't have) that MDMA and alcohol don't go well together at all. Especially when the amount of alcohol is increased the combination just starts to get really wrong. You get drunk much faster and have less control over physical side effects possible from alcohol. Blackout will probably occur faster as well as loss of physical and mental control over the body. Dehydration is a much bigger factor, and the roll seems to lose strength when alcohol is added.

For the most part, this is a combination to avoid at all costs and if it must (can't see many situations if any where this combo could no absolutely be avoided) be done the amount of alcohol should be severely limited.

5. wheetees

wheetees Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Thanks =)

6. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands

Though I agree with SWIBajeda on most things, the fact that one get's drunk much faster is wrong. Amphetamines(like MDMA) supress drunkenness, and make you feel more sober and clear, some people that amphetamines so they can drink more and still feel sober. This is very bad for your body, and does a lot of damage due to dehydration, so don't mix amphetamines and alcohol.

7. sthomson1

sthomson1 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o

Very handy at end of night, if youve pulled, and your too drunk. Wee dab of speed will sober SWIM right up :)

8. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I amn't sure about the chemistry behind it (well the amphetamine part he knows) but he is sure that on the few occaisions he was rolling and consumed alcohol he got very drunk extremely fast with little consumption. He has drank on amphetamines plenty of times without experiencing this.

Does swiPsych0naut have an chemical / pharmacological explanation for how MDMA + Alcohol interacts? I am interested as unless there was something else in the rolls in particular he is thinking of (he doubts it) then there was something odd about how he got so drunk so fast. He is currently thinking that it was a synergistic effect between MDMA and the alcohol that overrides the normal amphetamine + alcohol combination effects.

9. namooP

namooP

Reputation Points:

my friends highly recommend getting drunk before dropping. Apparently it makes the come-up a little more interesting, and they\'re much more experienced then SWIM. SWIM himself has no experience with this particular combination, as usually it\'s a decision between dropping now, or trying to get drunk with his pills sitting beside him, waiting to be taken. Only 1 winner there.

Side note though, my friends have a habit of vomiting while coming up, alcohol or not, but it might be a contributory factor.

10. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland

Mixing MDMA and alcohol isnt a great idea....dehydration is dangerous but I dont think he has ever been buzzing without drinking. It will lead to much worse comedown in the morning......pint or two of water before bed is usefull if You remembers.

11. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I think thats a highly likely possiblity. I have only known a few people who have thrown up on Ecstasy but he can definitely see alcohol exacerbating any feelings of nausea one would get from the pills.

12. boylizard

boylizard Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

mixing pills with alcohol is generally a bad idea because alcohol seems to fuck with every pill... especially downers. uppers, on the other hand... as long as You stays well hydrated and watches swiys alcohol intake he should be fine.

13. namooP

namooP

Reputation Points:

Neither SWIM nor his friends drink alcohol while actually up. Rather, they get drunk before coming up. I don\'t think it\'s be a good idea, or even enjoyable at all, to drink while rolling.

14. Raz1569

Raz1569 Newbie

Reputation Points:

When SWIM rolls almost veery time he has it with alcohol..it dehydrated you more but if you know how to handle E that isn;'t a problem, but SWIM lieks it because when you start to come down on the e YOU'RE NOT STOOD THERE SOBER YOU'LL STILL BE FEELIN DRUNK SO YOU CAN CARRY ON IF THERE'S NO MORE e AVAILABLE, (I am coming down now from an all day roll and cant be assed to change the accidental caps in his message)

15. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Its not a matter of you knowing how to handle it, its a matter of you knowing how to use MDMA responsibly with the least amount of physical and mental harm. "Knowing" how to handle E won't make the alcohol have any less of an effect or negative repercussions on your body, rather having experience with MDMA and being knowledgeable about it should prevent you from drinking much if any alcohol while under its influence.

16. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:

Well one time when SWIdr was up on the Jersey shore, he got drunk with some of his friends (8 shots o' vodka in about 1 1/2 hours). They decide to walk down to the boardwalk to look for some blow. Well anyways they ended up finding some Blue Gator ecstacy pills instead. SWIdr had fun all night, alot more fun than he normally does on X, but when the come down came he got pretty damn sick (severe naseau, migraine, vomiting, depression, etc...) which lasted for a couple of hours. SWIdr usually doesnt have bad comedowns on X and just gets a little depressed, so this was pretty odd... So now he doesnt really mix the two ecause even hough the pros were good, the cons f*cking sucked.

17. grecian

grecian Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from aruba

Swim came up extremely quickly after having a shot of tequila around an hour after dropping a pill on new years eve. It may be worth worth mentioning that he had already been drinking (probly 5 cans of cider and a couple of whisky and cokes).

I have mixed alcohol and MDMA on numerous occasions now without any negative medical effects making their presence felt. However the health risks are undeniable and I would therefore never recommend anyone to combine the two.

18. wheetees

wheetees Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Sry another nooby question...SWIM poped 2 pills a couple days ago how long is it in his system?

19. Bajeda

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

^^^^^^ That question isn't especially related to the thread. You could probably find another thread that is more in the context of your question. Or if you can't find an existing thread that answers your question, try the MDMA basics thread.

Back to the alcohol and MDMA topic, swim rolled earlier and had a few beers (two cans and a game of beer pong) later in the roll and found the sustaining MDMA effects to diminish rather quickly after he first imbibed alcohol. He doesn't feel like the come-down was any worse with what he drank, but he did find that it killed the 'E' effects too quickly for his liking.

20. Flimmar

Flimmar Newbie

Reputation Points:

I wouldn't recommend getting drunk and then drop.
    SWIM once got drunk before the come up, which wasn't smart at all, because he ended up with a backhead soar as hell due to a damn headache.

SWIM also says, that the headache came on much "heavier", it was really unpleasant. He ended up holding a bag of frozen fries to his backhead for 1 hour :(