Mixing psychedelics and alcohol

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by El Calico Loco, Dec 13, 2006.

1. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    This is a combination I wouldn't have thought much of; it seems like it would just be tripping while drunk. He has had a few experiences, however, and found odd results. I thought I would share them.

He has sometimes used 2C-I as a social chemical; taking a light to moderate dose and then going to a bar or club. He's found that it works well for this purpose, making everything friendly and fun. Getting drunk seems to decrease the overt psychedelic visuals, but leads to the world looking sort of...HDTV. Like the sober world is regular TV. It's difficult to explain; everything is just sharper and brighter.

He recently went to visit The Blind Hermit, a friend he doesn't see very often; they usually drink and talk until sunrise. TBL had once told him that his psychedelic experiences had been awful, leading him to dislike them. All were tryptamines, however; knowing that TBL was fond of phenethylamines (ie amphetamines), he brought along some 2C-E. TBL was willing to give it a go.

They both dosed and, after half an hour or so, began to drink heavily. I was surprised to find that 20mg of 2C-E was giving him a far stronger trip than usual. The visuals were everywhere; his vision was out of control. He felt strange vibrations all over his body. Thanks to the Jim Beam, however, he felt calm and peaceful the entire time.

He plans to give 2C-E plus ethanol plus cannabis a shot some time. Should be a wild ride.

ECL

2. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    what of the TBH? come on, we want to know if the blind have visions, donna keep us awaitin!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  3. old hippie 56

old hippie 56 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Noticed that when swim mixed 2ci and beer, a helluva of headache followed shortly. Just his two cents worth.
    Have always been curious about blind people and tripping.

4. El Calico Loco

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You know, I'm not sure if TBH had visions or not; he only took about 5mg (being cautious, given his previous bad experiences with psychedelics). I did leave about 30mg with TBH; I'll tell Swim to ask him about it next time they see one another.

By the way, he tells me that 2C-E plus ethanol plus cannabis worked out well. When he added 5-MeO-DMT to the mix, he was glad he had taken a sedative; he says that 2C-E plus 5-MeO-DMT is far too stimulating without one.

As it is, the 5-MeO seems to completely overpower the 2C-E experience until it wears off, at which point the 2C-E trip is stronger than before and lasts a few more hours. Probably not too dangerous, but not really recommended either (especially if one has anxiety or high blood pressure).

ECL

5. renegades

renegades Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I know that alcohol is a depressant whereas most Research Chemicals are stimulants. So, I think that alcohol would suppress the stimulation. I found that drinking beer with an Research Chemical is stupid because all I do is minimize the effectivness of the RC. I am sure this is true for most RCs. Cannabis is a much better choice than alcohol if at a party unless I want to come down a notch then he will have a beer.

6. Freak_

Freak_ Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    my experiences with 2c-x or LSD showed that drinking beer or generally alcohol don't minimize the effectivness of psychedelics, I would say the opposite, the alcohol pushes the psychedelics. And THC pushes, too. The come on is faster and it pushes the visuals.

7. Benzeneringz

Benzeneringz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Interesting. Since phenethylamines & amphetamine derivatives are rare around here I wouldn't readily mix one with alcohol. I have tried 2C-T-2 & 2C-T-7 on a few occasions but never in combination with other drugs. Wait, SWIM lied. MDMA is another story for another thread.

8. renegades

renegades Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Well this I find Alcohol robs brain cells of water and glucose, the brain’s food. Without food, the alcohol affects the neurons, causing judgement problems, coordination problems, and a host of other problems. Not sure if doing an Research Chemical you want your neurons misfiring. Plus the stomach is irritated by alcohol and some Research Chemicals also upsets stomachs combined could be trouble- nothing will freak you out more than drinking a beer and suddenly realize after your last swallow, you are about to throw it up in 2 seconds because your stomach is very upset. Not worth it.

9. renegades

renegades Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Swim wanta to add that weed has a postive influence on most RCs, because it seems to take care of the nauseous. Plus weed relaxes swim since it takes a little of the stimuli edge out of the Research Chemical making it more pleasant. The only problem with pot, is when swim smokes too much, she sometimes gets very bad headache 15 minutes later. Dealing with a headache on a Research Chemical is miserable. Nothing, with the exception of police, will spoil an Research Chemical experience as a headache does. Only Tylenol with codeine seems to work for swim on this type of pain.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  10. Dogears

Dogears Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I think shulgin talked about certain phenthylamines that were inactive on their own, but became active in the pressence of alcohol.

11. donkey rhubarb

donkey rhubarb Newbie

Reputation Points:
    my FOAF has had experience with 2C-I, 2C-E, and 4-ACO-MIPT whilst drinking beer.

She found that it help quite a lot with the body load of the 2C's and made for a much more euphoric experience. Although with 15mgs of 4-ACO-MIPT it almost completely killed the experience within a half an hour (and this was only two hours in). Some of the body buzz, shaking, etc was still there but any visuals and mental effects were gone. She thinks she will not drink beer with tryptamines and keep it the phenthylamines...SWIM's FOAF currently has some 4-ACO-DMT which she hasn't tested with alcohol but after the 4-ACO-MIPT is a little scared to...

Although SWIM's FOAF has had great experiences with DMT and alcohol...

12. _caesar_

_caesar_ Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM always drinks alcohol when indulging into the psychedelic world, he used it as a 'crutch' that mostly keeps him calm. He doesn’t enjoy some of the uneasiness he has experienced in the past on chemicals.

Being Irish SWIM drinks alcohol when indulging in most things, alcohol seems to go hand in hand with most activities in Ireland.

I have realized he is an alcoholic and has quit alcohol for the first time 17 days ago (who’s counting), he also quit benzos the same day. He is coping quite well but intends to consume some 2C-B soon and is slightly concerned in entering this headspace without his trusty exit plan of alcohol and xanax...

13. kalishakti

kalishakti Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM advises that 5-MeO-DMT mixes extremely nicely on a moderate drunkeness, resulting in the most extreme euphoria. Too much booze in the mix tho and you'll vomit and likely pass out (and probably have no clear recollection of what You experienced)..

Peace & Divinity
    Baudeaux Machs

14. joechip666

joechip666 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I have mixed 2C-E, 2C-I, and 4-HO-MIPT with moderate (to slightly excessive...) amounts of alcohol with no adverse reactions. Alcohol lessens the (possibly) undesired stimulation, but (unfortunately) also diminishes the psychedelic effects. Remember to stay hydrated though, and to keep one's electrolytes in balance, since alcohol is a diuretic.

Alcohol also goes well (in moderation) with methylone. It removes some of the edge and amplifies the social effects.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007
  15. El Calico Loco

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

My friend I had a similar experience when combining ethanol and 5-MeO-DMT. Nothing compared to his experience when he combined N2O and 5-MeO-DMT, but euphoric nonetheless. But then, how does one compare orders of infinity?

ECL