1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Mk-801

Discussion in 'Dissociative RC's' started by wizard warior, Sep 12, 2004.

1. wizard warior

wizard warior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    is there any rcs which have an effect anything like pcp

2. nikonikad

nikonikad Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from sweden
    mk-801, German Scientists tested it on rats and effects were similar to pcp. JMAR-Chemicals (a former RC supplier) offered it to sell.

here a realiable text from the net:

Structure of PCP Analogs
    PCP (phencyclidine, or 1-phenyl-cyclohexylpiperidine (figure 1, below) is the best known representative of the class of drugs collectively known as arylcyclohexylamines. Two other members of this structural class are ketamine and tiletamine. PCP was formerly used as a surgical anesthetic in both humans and veterinary practice, but it is not currently manufactured, and has been placed under Schedule II of the Controlled Substance Act in the US. Tiletamine is dispensed as a mixture with the benzodiazepine zolazepam (Telazol) as large animal tranquilizer, and is a Schedule III drug. Ketamine is used in both veterinary and human anesthesiology, although its predominant use in the US is in animals. Currently it is not scheduled under federal law, but will most likely be added to schedule II or III within the next two years.

The other compounds shown in figure 1: PCPy, TCP, and PCE, as well as TCPy (the thiophene analog of PCPy), are potent PCP analogs that have appeared on the illicit market in the US and subsequently been added to Schedule I of the Controlled Substance Act. Reportedly at least 30 other unscheduled analogs that have been produced by clandestine sources.

Other compounds that produce PCP-like effects:
    This review covers the synthesis and pharmacology of the close structural derivatives of PCP. However, there are several other classes of compounds that bind to the same receptor as PCP and produce PCP-like effects. All together, these classes contain literally hundreds of potentially active drugs. Five other structural classes of compounds that produce potent PCP-like effects are shown in figure 2 , below. All of them are known to bind at the same receptor site as PCP, and share at least some of its pharmacological profile (ref. 42). These compounds will not be discussed here, but are pictured to illustrate the diversity of structures having similar effects to PCP.

1. Benz(f)isoquinolines (ref. 43)
    2. Propanolamines, e.g. 2-MDP
    3. Benzomorphans, e.g. Pentazocine (Talwin). These compounds have been used as analgesics and also have affinity for additional receptors. See information regarding sigma affinity below.
    4. Dioxolanes, e.g. Dexoxadrol and Etoxadrol (ref. 42)
    5. Tricyclics such as MK-801 (Dizocilpine). This class includes some of the most potent selective PCP receptor ligands known (ref. 38, 44). MK-801 is about 2 to3 times more potent than PCP, and is longer lasting. Animals that have been trained to self-inject PCP will also self-inject this compound, a fact that is proposed to demonstrate "abuse potntial" (ref. 46, 47).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2006
  3. PoisonBoyfriend

PoisonBoyfriend Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ^^ Beat me to it.

Reports on another forum about the "bioassay" effects of mk-801 are pretty mixed. One person had a horrible time the first time he tried it ,and a pretty decent trip the second time. Apparently it is very "neutral", not euphoric, and if anything tends towards creepy. The person who tried it kept comparing it to the horror movie "Jacob's Ladder".

4. nicholson_tyler

nicholson_tyler Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female
    I was thinkig it would be interesting to try mk-801 but since you just said it reminded the guy of Jacob's Ladder i will likly remember back to taht and have a creepy ass trip, maybe i will jus stick to my tryptamine and phenethylamine's. :)

5. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o Male from The Netherlands
    Several years ago, JW Olney discovered that dizocilpine (MK-801), a chemical being tested to prevent brain damage from strokes, actually caused damage to specific areas of the brain in rats.Olney et al. demonstrated that animals given high doses of dizocilpine (MK-801), a new dissociative used in research, showed curious vacuoles (essentially, tiny holes) in their brains. Specifically, the vacuoles showed up in the posterior cingulate cortex and retrosplenial cortex. Further research showed that other indicators of damage were present, such as proliferation of microglia, secretion of a protein called HSP70 (Heat-Shock Protein 70), and expression of certain genes.

6. nicholson_tyler

nicholson_tyler Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female
    Would that be olney leisions, such as those frmo dxm? or am i completely off, its still pretty earyl here..

7. Diethyl

Diethyl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Anyone hear much about this one. I have only read one report of human use on erowids vaults. The report started off sounding like a normal trip but then took off in a whole other directing and sounded like the guy was explaining a near death experience. I was also told by a friend of a guy who frequented the dextroverse forum who was planed on taking some MK-801 in one of his posts. Apparently this guy was never heard of again. From what I understand MK-801 is a PCP analog that is X100 more potent than PCP and is quite dangerous both in the short term and long because it can cause a from of brain cancer.

8. club222

club222 Newbie

Reputation Points:
  9. unico_walker

unico_walker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    I talked with someone once who claimed to have used MK-801, he paid a pretty penny for it too I think almost 600 dollars!

It lasts a long time though, because its active in miligram amounts.

His trip lasted 16 hours and was a very delirious dissasociative experience, he claimed he may of damaged his brain by redosing,

This is definitely not a drug most people want to play around with.

10. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    For gold members, there's a source for any brave souls [​IMG]My gut tells me to stay away from this one, which is pretty much a first.

Peace,

D.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    Please do not start on a dose of 3mg like the guy in the Erowid vaults. Start from 500mcg (0.5mg) and work your way up.

MK-801 AKA dizocipline is unique because it doesn't have much activity
    other than NMDA antagonism (unlike K which also has dopaminergic and
    minor opiod activity). I believe it is one of the most potent NMDA
    antagonists too.

Proceed with caution!

12. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

Very good advice! [​IMG]While most RC's are relativly unknown, stuff like this one takes that risk to another level. Be brave, but not stupid.

Peace,

D.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:

Yeah, don't ruin the fun for the responsible psychonauts!

14. Diethyl

Diethyl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Don't worry about that it's not something I'd do , ruin the fun of responsible psychonauts that is :)

15. Niteflights

Niteflights Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from The Netherlands
    Can anyone report on the effects of a 500ug range dose of dizocilpine? This is a remarkable dose for a dissociative to show activity. This could potentially allow blotter type dosing.

SWIM has read about the alleged neurotoxicity of higher doses (Olney), but reviewing the literature it seems quite possible these are massive overdoses of the 100x + magnitude.