Drug info - MK ultra and BZ the superhallucinogen

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by billbong, Mar 18, 2005.

1. billbong

billbong Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was researching the history of LSD and the CIA and came across project MK Ultra, where the goal was possible mind control weapons for the army to use.

Upon researching this however, I came across the "superhallucinogen" known as BZ or quinuclidinyl benzilate. This apparently lasted for 3 days with side effects lasting up until 6 weeks.

Here's a site with more detail:

http://www.levity.com/aciddreams/samples/bz.html

Does anyone have any knowledge on what eventually happened to this chemical? Has anyone ever ingested it? Apparently it was tested on about 2600 soldiers with varying results. Some of the soldiers were permanently changed after their experience.

Any thoughts?

2. billbong

billbong Newbie

Reputation Points:
  3. hacnslash

hacnslash Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    bz is is a compound that is apparently close to atropin, scopolamine and the other tropane alkaloids in effect. So i presume it's not a psychedelic like lsd, instead it's more of a deliriant...which for its role in warfare is great :D

4. billbong

billbong Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yea but tripping for bout 36 hours and seeing unbelievably real looking hallucinations months after ingesting, spose most things have side-affects

5. hacnslash

hacnslash Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yea, what i'm trying to say is that it doesn't seem to have any recreational potential...seriously who the hell wants to be fucked up for that long?! lol, you REALLY have to be hardcore to wanna go for that long, with that kind of time span on side effects :D

6. Joaspah

Joaspah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The movie Jacob's Ladder from Adrian Lyne is about a vietnam vet who was exposed to BZ. Pretty good movie!

I don't really understand what the difference is between the wanted and unwanted effects of BZ.