Purity - Molding

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by xMeTaL HeAdx, Jul 6, 2005.

1. xMeTaL HeAdx

xMeTaL HeAdx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    What can I do to effectively prevent weed from molding. Note that I live with my parents so I can't stick it in the freezer (not even sure if that works but just saying)

2. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    well mold i assume is caused by a high humidity. You could try to keep it in a sealed jar or put a few grains of rice in their. Dont be over zelous though because you will end up over drying it.

Muirner

3. dags

dags Newbie

Reputation Points:
    smoke it while its fresh

4. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    The Freezer works ... too.

I keep most of my Pot in same the plastic bags (or jars, or Prescription bottles) that they come in. Apart from the bottles, the seal is pretty tight. This method works for me for at least 6 months or more. When I want to put some in the Deep Freeze, I just place the container in another Baggie. This words well for me up to a Year.

I live in a 50% Humidity region, so this may be part of my good results.

Over the years I have stopped smoking for 3 to 5 years at a time (after smoking for 3 to 6 months). More than once, I have dug-out some 3-year-old buds (just in a Baggie), and started my smoking time again. Certainly the quality had faded, but it was still good-enough to get a Buzz, and remember why I like to smoke.

I have tried 5-year-old Pot (2 Strains). It wasn't good. Both of them justshattered into micro-size Shake. The smoking was dry and harsh. The effect was minimal, just enough to remind me to go out and get some Good Stuff, and then Try it again. And I did. And it was Good.

The Freezer IS a Great place to store Pot. It can last for several years. I have had numerous friends who have stored it, and with excellent results. Most of the time it was the last of a Favorite Strain, and they were saving it for posterity.

Now for my Freezer fun: Back in '86 a friend vacationed for 2 weeks in Hawaii. She brought back some Maui Wowie. She gave me a quarter-ounce. Oh Happy Day. Over the next 2 weeks I smoked up an Eighth. I double-sealed my "Present" Eighth, and tossed it in the Freezer, and there it sat, year-after-year. This was one of my Smoking vacations.

On my Birthday, nearly 3 years later, I brought it out (Jim asked me what had ever happened to it. I had a Good answer: It's in the Kitchen.). I had to unload most of the frozen stuff, and I found it stuck to a TV Dinner. I brought it out. We passed it around.It looked OK. It broke up REAL easy. We fired-up 3 Joints. Wow! It was still a Real WOWIE. It brightened up my Special day.