Morning Glory extraction

Discussion in 'LSA seeds' started by Zany, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Zany

Zany Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would like to try extracting LSA from Hawaiian Baby Woodrose using this method http://www.clearwhitelight.org/hatter/LSAextraction.htm ... apparently you get 50ml of liquid which is the equivalent of 150 Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds (i think theres a typo in the ingredients list where it says 128 seeds).. sounds pretty good but does it work? also i live in the UK, what can i use for the non polar solvent and what alcohol should i use? it says vodka can be used but is this true??

if this works it seems excellent, 1ml = 3 seeds

one more question though, could i use half of the amount of everything and get 25ml of liquid being the strength of 75 seeds?

2. MrPissmister

MrPissmister Newbie

Reputation Points:
    grinding up the seeds and letting them soak in water does release a great deal of the ergolines into the water

I do it for 12 hours at least and you dont even need that much water

3. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    I've been planning to do that extraction too. Other(better) extraction methods just seem too complicated altough they could be easily made with some kitchen chemistry. Swim's done seeds several times by just eating them.. worked really well, though last time his feet hurt because of vasoconstriction. There was quite nice visuals and surroundings changed all the time. Also the interesting thing with psychedelics, there were some synesthesia. Music is especially enjoyable as you feel, smell and see it. Exploring the concept of reality, and most interesting, mind and perception, is just the thing with these mind-manifesting substances.

Anyhow, I was going to ask couple of questions. Is there any long-term ill-effects with MG seeds? I'm just littlebit worried about this ergotism thing.. Would extracting alkaloids help with danger of ergotism? Propably quite dumb question...

4. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    And by 'that extraction' I mean grounding seeds and soaking them in water.

5. oldman

oldman Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    many more ill effects for women and ergotism. does someting to the uterous, not something good I'm thinking. shulgin mentions something about it in Tihkal.

swims used the naptha -- ethanol (everclear) extraction as well as just grinding and drinking them in juice. must admit extraction had less body load in the begining. somebody wrote in anohter MG thread that the alcohol kills the lysergides but this must be untrue cause it definately worked for me. he used about 400 (MG)seeds. was an alright dose could've took more.

6. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    Yeah I thought so too, there wouldn't be anything to worry. It just scared to read about ergotism for the first time... Swim thought he had read everything he needs to know about LSA before giving it a try, and it's almost a year ago that I tried Swim for the first time. I was just shocked, would I have been getting this drugs dangers wrong for so long...

It is to some extent.

hmm isn't it soluble to ethanol or is ethanol just used to change it to freebase or something like that... I don't know anything about chemistry but it sure doesn't destroy the alkaloids and some extraction methods end up with the alkaloids in alcohol.

7. oldman

oldman Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    the post where swim read this (not here) before attempting on his own said that the alkaloids went with the alcohol and the more harmful stuff stayed with the powder that filter out. some lysergides may have gone through so one may want to increase the number of seeds he would take. can't say.

8. hazeinmybong2

hazeinmybong2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    Trust me just crush up the seeds and eat them, that way there is no wasted alkaloid, a lot less work, and most importantly less room for error. Hawian Baby Woodrose seeds(Hawaiian Baby Woodrose) take between 6 - 10. Morning Glory seeds don't eat more than 8 grams.