morning glory question...

Discussion in 'LSA seeds' started by weazelzb, Jan 19, 2005.

1. weazelzb

weazelzb Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hey. if i buy straight morning glory from a site, do i
    have to do anything with it, or can i just eat the seeds
    straight? thanks

2. sunyata

sunyata Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    Yes, you can just eat the seeds, but this tends to cause nausea and stomach cramps. Also, if the seeds aren't from an entheogenic supplier, but from a regular seed shop, they might contain pesticides, in this case you have to prepare them in some way. Recipes for preparing them can be found elsewhere on the forum or at erowid.org.

In any case, preparing the seeds will prevent a lot of bad effects that might spoil your trip, the extra effort will be worth it.

And welcome, by the way[​IMG]

3. HippieD9

HippieD9 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I wouldn't do em straight. First wash them WELL in a bowl with dish soap and water. Then one they're dry,grind them in a coffe grinder, but not ultra-fine which makes it harder to filter. Then soak in cold water for about 30min-1hr. Filter through a coffee filter or t-shirt. Maybe take a couple of anti-nausea pills or a cap of ginger first. This stuff is real hard on the stomach, but once you puke (if you do, not all people do) you'll feel much better. If you don't feel like doing all that (which is recommended by me) you could just grind em and put in with applesauce (tastes pretty good) or put them in caps. Either way, happy trails!

Peace,

D.Edited by: HippieD9

4. AdrenalineJunki

AdrenalineJunki Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    grind em up and put them in a milkshake...mmm

5. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I hate taking morning glories, I just buy em and use an extraction method, I have gotten decent trips chewing them, but it is like a 50/50 shot. Sometimes it hits me sometimes I chew hundreds of them and get no effect. I usually chewed about 400 or more even then it sometiems did not even hit me. I tried grinding them up finely and stuffing in gelcaps and an overwhelming heat came over my body, sweating like crazy, ended up throwing them up, and I halted all my experiments with the seeds themselves. I hate the heat waves the seeds give me. Tried it in a cold water extraction before also with the same thing happening an incredible heat wave then puking. But some lsa extract filled gelcaps and some dxm, and wowie what an experience, It made me see the visual power lsa is capable of. It is just very hard to acheive.

6. aMorphius

aMorphius Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Many morning glory seeds that are ment for growing have been soaked in
    fungicides to keep them from rotting on the shelf or when planted.
    Unfortunately these fungicides are mostly very toxic to humans (as well
    as fungus!).

7. variation

variation Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i believe there are actual toxic alkaloids that induce vomiting in the seed as well.

as far as supressing naseua, I have heard people obtaining some relief with the use of tums/marijuana/ginger. I mean there is a large degree of fiberous mass in there as well...

I also found if vomiting takes place too early, not enough of the lsa is absorbed, and the trip is minimal to nothing, so I'd personally force myself to hold it down until you begin to notice effects, then vomit if you must, and you will feel a lot better. (* from experience, laying completely still and keeping your mind off of it, prevents vomiting, but even slightest movement can cause one to vomit)

Often due to this fact, at times it seems as if it may not be worth it, but I say that's all up to mindset, the trip is very impressive and reminded me a lot of acid. It can be a very interesting and long-lasting experience for some.