morphine 100mg HELP!

Discussion in 'Morphine' started by DTAP1234, Mar 19, 2007.

1. DTAP1234

DTAP1234 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ok, I am sorta new at this so I hope I am doing this correctly. I have a question that I need answered.

I have morphine 100mg pills they are time released. He doesnt want to take all 100mg at once so he needs to break them up. my questions are this. How do you correctly break up time released morphine (into 25mg at a time) and how often should you take it (every 4 hours? ect) also, he only wants to take is oral....no shooting, snorting, anal ect.

2. AquaNet

AquaNet Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM Is new to morphine, I am presribed 30mg timerelease kadian morphine which later found out has poor bioavailability orally and would crush it up and mix it with water and drink it.. still it would take sometime I will take it by insufflation or rectal, which SWIM never does but wasn't so bad with morphine.

really though I do not like them all that much, I would prefer hydrocodone even over oxycodone but both over morphine.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  3. oki-doki

oki-doki Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have taken 100 mg tablet, time release and had 7 hours of bliss - I am only 60 kgs and it was awesome. but if You wants to divide it up, he is best to crush it up with a mortar & pestle (or something similar) and once it is a fine powder, simply divide it up into 4. not sure how you should store it though.

I hope this helps. good luck. x

4. Nizzle

Nizzle Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from afghanistan
    If you insufflate Morphine it has a better bioavailability (not sure if this is proven, but certainly appears this way to me). Also, by crushing up Kadian (they're the small round balls inside of a capsule I believe?), and snorting those it's quite effective, but I believe if they're anything like Avinza, it stings quite badly. As far as taking of a 100mg morphine, just cut it up into however many pieces you think and try one out. Just don't overdo it. :)