1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - morphine vs morphine sulfate

Discussion in 'Morphine' started by Meggy, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Meggy

Meggy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female
    swim has acquired some pill that have been identified as 200mg morphine sulfate. 200mg seems like way too much for someone like swim without an opiate tolerance to take. while doing some research swim found people who actually take 100-200mg of morphine sulfate but others who are talking about getting high on only 15-25 mg.
    is this a different drug? does it take more "morphine sulfate" to get one high?

2. JarvyJarvison

JarvyJarvison Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Morphine sulfate is just a salt of morphine. As far as I know, there's no substantial difference between morphine freebase and its various salts. Like all drugs, and especially narcotics, different people react to different doses of morphine. It's hard to say. It depends on your body weight, body chemistry, tolerance, how full your stomach is and more. Start low (20mg) and work your way up in 20mg increments every hour if you're not feeling the effects you want. Since this is your first time, I wouldn't advise more than 60mg. 40mg is probably a good dose but, like I said, it depends. It's ALWAYS better to underdose than to overdose. Be safe. Also check out this thread http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12351

Edit: I just took another look at the dosages thread and they're saying 10mg is a good starting dose for morphine. In SWIM's experience, that's a little low but for the sake of safety it might be better to start with 10mg and work your way up in 10mg increments every hour. Also, I just re-read your post and I see it's one single 200mg pill, which is HUGE. What you should do is dissolve it in water and divide the solution into 20 equal doses. That way you can be sure that each dose is 10mg.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  3. Meggy

Meggy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female
    thanks a lot Jarvy, that was very helpful.

4. sweettea

sweettea Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female
    Semi-hijacking this thread to avoid starting a new one....b/c it is related to morphine sulfate:

SWIMe's mom recently lost a battle with cancer and SWIMe has come into two boxes of something called morphine sulfate in liquid form (pinkish-orange).

SWIMe would like to know if it's okay to throw it in the trash? This seems like it would violate some sort of bio-hazard law and wishes to avoid the garbage-police.

Yet another question... how addictive is this stuff? On a scale of 1 to 5 with one being (not very) and 5 being (very much).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  5. Jacem5

Jacem5 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    49 y/o Male
    In my opinion Morphine is pretty addicting,same as any opiate.If someone were to take it a couple of days and stop it should be ok,a week or so straight and you might have a problem.

6. sweettea

sweettea Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female
    kkay, much obliged...

7. sweettea

sweettea Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female
    An update from SWIMe... like anyone really gives a damn but was probably aghast at the thought to chuck two boxes in the trash. The boxes are sitting in a cabinet and the wee pretty colored little vials are seriously being considered for party favors for a friendly gathering of friends next weekend. Cheers.