morphine

Discussion in 'Morphine' started by fletch, Jul 7, 2005.

1. fletch

fletch Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    i am curious as to what typed of problems one must have before being prescribed morphine, [partiucalriy in canada, as it is schedule I i believe, yet only schedule 3 in the US}

I am suffering from severe back and joint pain, my wrists ache and it keeps me awake at night. marijuana is a quick little way to ease the symptoms but i think this has more to do with the fact im more focuse on something else than the pain.

peace

2. bowlingforcindy

bowlingforcindy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    how about going to the doctors. he should give you some codeine. if this is a problem maybe you should go to the hospital? morphine wont cure it, itl just make the pain invisble until it wears off and you dont wanna have to keep taking it and get addicted.

I know they dont [rescribe morphine to anyone in th UK (I think) and i dont think they even use it in hospitals anymore. sorry .

3. fletch

fletch Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    ive used codeine and it really doesn't do much. Ill see what the docs can do.

4. BrandonAA

BrandonAA Newbie

Reputation Points:
    in the states we have a pill called MS Contin (morphine sulfate contin). i think when most peoplego into the hospital or to see a doctor for pain they start them out with vicodan (hydrocodone). no one getsTylenol 3's(codeine)except kids.

you might have to put up with other drugs for a bit. if you convince the doc you have a chronic pain disorder he may give you refills consistantly. i have no experiance myself but i know a few people who have done it, granted they had a legit reason which sounds like you do.

from vicodan you go to percoset (oxycodone) and oxycontin. some doctors are wary now-a-days to prescribe oxy, so i have seen MS Contin quite a bit. the high is not too differant, comparable to the high differance (not the dose)of vics to oxys.

there is something called Dilaudid which is mostly used in hospitals (via I.V) but there are pill forms. Dilaudid is Hydromorphone or something so it is chemically similar.

5. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from Canada
    If you are suffering from back and joint pain they may precribe anti-inflamitories first. As BrandonAA suggested many physicians are very wary about writing scripts for any kind of opiate now a days, especially if you go in asking for something specific like morphine. Go to the doctor and just see what they say and take it from there. Keep going back if what they give you doesnt work and eventually they may migrate to stronger pills.

6. Softrat

Softrat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Yeah no Doc is likely to just start you off on morphine. They want to see if lesser stuff will do the trick.

7. Mike177

Mike177 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    "i am curious as to what typed of problems one must have before being prescribed morphine, [partiucalriy in canada, as it is schedule I i believe, yet only schedule 3 in the US}"

Morphine is Schedule 2 in the US, along with Codeine(in higher doses)hydrocodone, oxycodone, hydromorphone, oxymorphone, ex.

I know someone who has bad back problems and he only gets hydrocodone. but he also gets 100 7.5's a month. Your probly going to have a hard time getting something like Morphine. The best would probly be oxycodone. I know if i was a doc and gave someone a script for some higher doses of OC's and they came back and said "i need something stonger" i would probly say too bad. and thats what alot of docs are going to tell you. remember, every doc is diffrent with his pad. some will do anything to stay away from drugs with more risk and some will gladly write you a scrip for something that could work better. i.e. I was under the care of a phyciatrist and I had some bad anxiety problems that only a Benzo would cure. well after close to a year of switching from awfull med to awfull med I saw a new better phyciatrist, after 2 weeks of being under his/her care I got the perscription he needed to live his life.