Most addictive Drug - Opinions

Discussion in 'General Addiction discussion' started by takak023, May 5, 2005.

1. takak023

takak023 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Of all the drugs in the world, wat do u guy dinks dat is the most additive drug and y??

2. uqlfy

uqlfy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Mc Donalds double cheeseburgers. I read article in Scientific American
    that ekg showed response in pleasure center of brain equal or greter
    than respnose from cocaine. True story.

Honestly though Id say herion.

3. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I would defentally vote on Herion. This is because it is not only mentally addicting but physically. Your body will not function with out it if a dependency is great enough. Just like i've seen over and over in jail people who come in for 2 weeks are trying to get over being dope sick. And when they finally stop shitting, puking, and not eating all they want to do is bang another bag.

Opiates in general are the most addictive because they alter the chemestry of your brain. They affect the seratonin (sp) receptors in your brain (i think these), and they make you extremely happy by pumping seratonin out like crazy. When the body dosent have the drug to make the senders push out excess doses of seratonin then they wont causing the person to be very depressed. Dependency forms quickly. And getting off of it can be a struggle.

Muirner

4. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Nicotine. Statistically speaking the hardest addiction to break.
    Edited by: enquirewithin

5. vacant

vacant Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Although I'm inclined to believe that cigarettes/tobacco are the most addictive, I think that it may actually be heroin or meth. This is because of the mental as well as physical effects of the addiction. Heroin users usually like the feeling they get from injecting or smoking the heroin because of its effects. In this case, the mental addiction probably outweighs the physical. The need to always feel that numbing calmness.

Cigarettes can't ruin your life as quickly either. You can get cancer, but with heroin you can lose all your money, respect, friends..if it consumes you. Therefore, it is also one of the worse drugs to be addicted to.

Jusy my 2 cents.

6. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I find drugs in general to be addicting like what pancho said that describes me quite well, like a while back i had a bad experience that included an intense freakout by a friend and then getting caught on e and i was all like oh man im gonna quit but then i sobered up and i was like this is who i am its such a part of my lifestyle i cant go back to before, I dont want to go back. But I think that heroin is the most addictive specifically because you dont see ppl turning tricks to get smokes, and Im not sure that I believe in physical addictions the4y seem more like intense mental ones, and you may say that you begin to shake, vomit etc but there are cases were ppl have intense dreams about alien abduction were they are being burned or whatever and when they wake up they have the marks, yor mind is that powerful

7. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    There are two factors here:

(a) Statistically the hardest to give up (fro good)

(b) The most physically and mentallymost uncomfortable and painfulto give up

Opoids, benzos, barbs, alchohol, all have very unpleasant physical symptoms when you withdraw. Ampetamines and cocaine give you strong cravings and unplesant after effects. This makes people willing to commit crimes, even rob their closest friends,to get them.

But nicotine is harder to give up because its so easily available, and doesn't have IMMEDIATE delibitating effects (it doesn't screw up your 'normal' life).

If alchohol and cigarettes were made illegal tough, peolple would do crazy things to get their fix! (Remember prohibtion?)

Caffeine is notas hard to give up as a nicotine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2009
  8. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Everybody underestimates Es for addiction. They're the cheapest, easiest to acquire drug in Ireland and they've messed up so many lives. A guy I know can't get to sleep without taking one and pulled a muscle in his heart just a few weeks back. He's basically a vegetable now and he's only in his early 20s. Sad [​IMG]

9. club222

club222 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Most addictive for me would have to be cocaine hands down. I love the
    stuff and if it's around then I feel like I have to do it. Not good.
    It's been about 5 months since I've had any so of course I'm missing
    it, but I'm also glad that I've managed to go for that long so far[​IMG]

I've never tried heroin and don't ever plan to. I have a very addictive
    personality and I'm afriad it could turn out for the worse if I tried
    heroin. Luckily for me, I never liked the taste/rush of ciggarettes.
    The only time I ever smoke them is when I'm drunk off my ass, and then
    it will still only be 1 cig. I've never bought a pack in my life

10. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Here is how I would rank them

1. Heroin/opiates

2. Meth/amphetamine

3. Alcohol

4. Cocaine/crack

5. Benzos

And then...............everything else I dont really consider addictive. MDMA, acid, rcs, pretty much any psychadelic. Cigarettes are also very addictive, probably as much as heroin, but I didnt put them in, im just talking about "drugs".

11. unico_walker

unico_walker Newbie

Reputation Points:

Say what? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense seeing as how its a stimulant!

I think people are all not on the same wavelength when we talk about addiction, let me explain.

When a study says something is the "most addictive" people call
    bullshit because they have an image in their mind of that definition
    meaning that smoking a single cig should hook you for life which is of
    course absolute bullshit. Less people have experience with heroin,
    coke, and meth so a lot actually believe you will be addicted after one
    use which also is of course bullshit. Physical addiction slowly creeps
    up on you over time, usually by the time you realize it you're already
    feeling uncomfortable when you abstain which sends you running back.
    Most people of healthy mental states realize at this point they have to
    taper off and regulate use, but mentally unstable people can not give a
    shit and rush head long into it damning everything in their life. They
    get held up as poster children for drug prohibition, this normal happy
    person turned into a drug addict who eventually died of an overdose, in
    reality they were almost certainly deeply depressed and probably would
    have commited suicide if they hadn't of found drugs. This is what
    people miss is that most people who become deeply dependant on
    substances do so for a reason, they aren't happy adjusted people with
    full lives.

12. Unsolved

Unsolved Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    With all do respect. This is how I see and how I came to my conclusion when I say this. I can't honnestly compare an addiction to an addiction I've never had right? Of course I won't say Heroin, which I've never done, Meth another which I haven't done. Who in there right mind would I have no basis for comparision. All I know is that I have done coke, e, weed, cig's, lsd, shrooms. All I know is that i can go long periods of time with out doing all the above except for smoking. The cravings suck and believe if you smoke enough you will get withdrawls.

Nicoetine is considered the most addicitve by government standards? Why because more americans are addicted to then another drug, legel or illegel. Further you could combine the number 2 and 3 on the drugs on the chart (Meth and Heroin) and still not even come close to the number of addicted smokers. The Tobaco companies have taken every step in there power to see that it is addictive. Added chemicals and not to mention advertising. However it's my own fault in the first place, after all I'm the one that bought that first pack of cigerates. Sorry if you disagree, but that's my take on this.

13. BrugmansiaBrujo

BrugmansiaBrujo Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I'd say nicotine is the most addictive, and it's really a bullshit drug
    to boot. I mean, look at it realistically, it don't really do
    much for you besides make you seek it out. And in the long run
    kills you. It's one of the few thigns that will kill a
    cockroach. Yet it's legal. Go figure!

It that evil drug can be legal, the rest ought to be too.

14. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Top 10 IMHO:

(1) Nicotine
    (2) Speedballs (injected heroin/cocaine)
    (3) Heroin, injected/smoked speed i.e. ice (tie)
    (4) Crack, injected cocaine (tie)
    (5) Crystal meth/crank (snorted)
    (6) Oxycodone i.e. Oxycontin (oral or snorted)
    (7) Vicodin (oral)
    (8) Cocaine (snorted)
    (9) Alcohol
    (10) Benzos (valium type, downers, particularly Xanax)

Lots I didn't include (ecstasy, GHB, etc), don't take this as some definitive list. Just off the top of my head, based on many people I've known through the years.Edited by: Nicaine

15. BrugmansiaBrujo

BrugmansiaBrujo Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    For me, the only drugs that are truly recreational are cannabis and psychedelics.

I like opiates too, but only now and then as I feel their power, their
    ability to cause re-inforcing behavior in me. I just know if I went on
    a long binge with opiates, I wouldn't care to stop.

Also I believe there is such a thing as an addictive personality type.
    People like that can get hooked on anything at all, and make a habit of
    it. Hence DXM addiction, food addictions, etc.

16. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    i think it all depends on your body. i dont fuck with heroin or meth
    but they gave us quite a few lecutres on the topic in rehab and the way
    they explained it is that you get addicted to the drug that works best
    for your body. in most cases that will end up being heroin, meth,
    cigarettes, or alcohol. everybody is going to disagree because their
    opinions are based on their own experiences or what theyve seen with
    their friends, but the tihng is some peoples bodies wont get addicted
    to heroin because they are the kind of person who requires stimulation,
    thus they get addited to meth. of course if the only thing you can get
    your hands on is cigarettes and alcohol you may get addicted to those
    even though your body would have been more easily addicted to sometihng
    else.

17. umich

umich Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Nicotine seems to be winning this battle here. In my opinion Nicotine is habit forming not addicting. An addiction affects you both physically and/or mentally, as well as quickly. It affects your life as well as the lives of those around you. An addiction will haunt you forever, or until it takes over your life. I have never experienced anything like that from a cigarette. You can compare your cigarette addiction to biting your nails or cracking your knuckles, just with long term health and financial eaffects. The same goes for coffee. If coffee and cigarettes were illegal you wouldnt see the things heroin addicts do to get their fix.
    Just my 2 cents

18. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Addiction is a "loaded" word, and also has several different meanings. If you want to say nicotine isn't addictive, that's your choice but people can use the word any way they want... it's not up to you to define it for everyone.

Personally I don't care much for "habit forming," it's an old fashioned term and even more vague than the word addiction. Also, it suggests nicotine is just a "habit" like going to the bathroom in the morning, or having a glass of water with lunch. Hardly accurate.Edited by: Nicaine

19. quinone

quinone Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dunno if its been said already, but when it comes to physical
    dependence, and the seriousness of the withdrawl afterwords some
    benzodiazepams would prolly top the list ... getting off with a full
    blown addiction can lead to grand mal seizures and shock.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    the most addictive is the hardest to stop, and meth and amphetamines arnt that hard to stop, you can go days or weeks without it, its more of a mental addiction and not a physical addiction,

i used meth at 30-40mg a day for a whole 2 months for my ADHD and i stoped cold just to see what side effects i would get and i didnt even get a headache, felt pretty ok, just a little tired for the first 3 days but all normal after one week, so it isn't too phsycally addictive, maybe at muchhigher doses, but you can still stop without too much issues,

wheras the opiates, alcohol, barbiturates have the most withdrawal symptoms,

i have no experience with most of these but a light opiate, codeine, and just from that i can understand how bad the heavy opiates must be,

if i take it once i feel like taking it every day(very good relief for anxiety), and only at doses of 30-60mg per day(very light) but after a week or 2 if i dont take it the next day i feel as if ive been smashed in the head by a baseball bat, and the skin on my face hurts when rubbing and i get diohrea and stomach cramps, luckily this only lasts about 2-3 days and im ok, so can you imagine heroin, no way, i wouldnt go near it.

another one no one has mentioned is paroxetine, an SSRI andidepressent, and apparantly its not supposed to be addictive, but its the most addictive thing ive ever done, 100 times more than meth, and at least 10 times more than codeine, very hard to stop after a year of use, took me 2 months and i couldnt stop, and i only managed to stop afterstarting meth, but its good shit if you need it, much better cure fore anxiety than codeine make you feel higher than meth(somedays anyway) and you just dont give a shit about much, most off your worries disapear or you just dont care about them, the only problem is that when you dont care about your problems, you dont do anything about them and then, the problems get worse, but i think it good to do six months on six months off(or maybe six months meth)

so the bestway tocure an addiction toone drug is just take another one, followed by another after that, and you will never be addicted.Edited by: Guest