1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Effects - Most euphoric kratom strand

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by acook02, Jul 29, 2015.

1. acook02

acook02 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'm looking for the most euphoric/opiate like kratom. I have a high tolerance to opies. Can anyone suggest a strand to try? All I've tried is Red Vein Bali.

2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Most people would probably recommend red vein Bali.
    The best idea is to order a sample pack of several different strains from a good vendor so you can try small amounts of each before you decide what works best for you.
    Everyone has their own preference.

3. renacer

renacer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Personally I find green vein horn leaf most relaxing.

4. Calyspical

Calyspical Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    To be fully accurate, "relaxing" and "euphoric" are not really synonymous terms.
    They're distinctly 2 different things

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  5. iguasu

iguasu Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from greece
    For me any red. Bali or Maeng Da. By a sample I noticed great euphoria from a strain call Red Riau. Not so strong though, but very very euphoric.
    Anyway one or another I prefer always red.

6. DiabolicScheme

DiabolicScheme Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You're unlikely to find any kratom strain that'll bring euphoria if you have tolerance from stronger opioids.

Kratom falls somewhere in between codeine and hydrocodone based on personal experience, the affinity rating for kratom is hard to determine but I know based on personal experience that kratom has caused hydrocodone to lose its ability to produce euphoria. This leads me to believe that kratom's mu opioid receptor affinity (how strongly the alkaloids bind to the receptor) is somewhere in the ball park of hydrocodone.

Assuming you've been using opioids to the point of tolerance it is unlikely that kratom is going to have a stronger affinity for opioid receptors than that of your other opioids you've been using.

What opioids have you been using regularly?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  7. Iheartopioids

Iheartopioids Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I use to be a fan of the red strains bali and borneo, ( I think they are technically the same thing) but now I am starting to move toward the green strains like green Malaysian and green borneo.

I never really like white strain, just because using them at high doses made me feel uncomfortable.

8. tombraidyourbody

tombraidyourbody Newbie

Reputation Points:
    21 y/o from U.S.A.
    Reds or greens would be best. If you're looking for something very similar to opiates/opioids, you should go for pure red vein. Red Vein Borneo or Bali would be your best bet. But if you don't care for the sedation properties of red veins, I would suggest going for a green, such as Green Malay. Possibly even mixing a green and red vein would be pretty euphoric. It's in my experience that red veins are more of a body high, and greens are more of a mental high. It all depends on specific preference though.

9. Iheartopioids

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I agree with everything this post says

10. Sato

Sato Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Oklahoma, U.S.A.
    Can anyone confirm if this is true (in your opinion at least)? I read from some posts that the vein color really doesn't mean much, and some that said it does. I don't have the strain variety to find out for myself.

Also, nice Buneary :thumbsup:

11. Iheartopioids

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Being able to distinguish strains takes time and experience. When I first started, I didn't know what the fuss was about with the variety of strains. Now that I have been a daily user for quite a long time I know that there really is a difference. Though I think the effect varies MORE based on dose, rather than strain. Nonetheless, there is a difference between the color veins, and some say that they can even distinguish between strains beyond the name of their color (i.รจ between green vein borneo and green vein malaysian) although I can't tell the difference between them that specific.

Again, it takes time and experience, and once you get there, you'll know.