Most harmful compounds

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by Rush, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Rush

Rush Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from switzerland
    Was wondering:

how would you arrange in a scale the research chemicals from the safest to the most dangerous(side effects in short & long term,belived neuro toxicity,addiction etc.)?

and possibly explain why.

I did not tried many compounds so he cant do something like that..

also, pure theorichal ipothesis about pharmacology are welcome, not only your monkey's experiences!

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Not counting the notorious PMA - which has been around too long to qualify as a Research Chemical - I'd say that 5-MeO-AMT is the most toxic and troublesome out there. PMA is strictly a poison. And many would argue likewise that 5-MeO-AMT is damned close to that.

The volume of reports backing this up would likely clog the server.

3. Rush

Rush Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from switzerland
    i see. also reading your old posts it seems you really hate 5meoAMT :p

but you mean its dangerous for its not very fun 'poisonous' effects(nausea,headache etc) or you think it damages the brain?

cause, from what i know, MDMA is neurotoxic, but the experience is far form the 'poisonous' effects of 5meoAMT.maybe mdma is more dangerous in that way.

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I'm not sure if anyone has done human studies to find out about 5-MeO-AMT having caused physical brain damage. For one thing, it would be unlikely one could find many people who would take it twice - without a gun to their head.

There are a few people who swear that very small amounts are great. But they are pretty rare and usually have to be back in the dayroom for headcount by 6:00pm. KIDDING!

The studies on neurotoxicity of MDMA are still sketchy. Especially in light of the government testing having substituted methamphetamine.

5. joechip666

joechip666 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    For addiction potential, Methylone certainly qualifies
    with an honorable mention for 2C-I.

For unpleasant and possibly deadly effects, Nagognog2 is certainly right about 5-MeO-AMT.

But these are only counting "highly researched" research chemicals. Among the more esoteric ones, who really knows?

I have a hunch that 5-MeO-MiPT could have some pretty bad consequences when used in any sort of combination.

2C-C seems pretty benign to SWIM as well as 4-HO-MiPT (very intense but not threatening), but your mileage may vary.

6. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    What about MDPV? Certainly some folks seem to like it, but there seem to be reports of body loads which would suggest to SWIM that its at least somewhat harmful or toxic. Certainly, the dopaminergic rush from the drug would qualify it as having addiction potential, more so than many RCs.

As a side note, its interesting how many different types of compounds are covered by the label "RC" simply because they have not yet been well-studied in human lab rats. When SWIM first began reading about them, he assumed all of them would be similar in effect due to the nomenclature, but this is definitely not the case!

7. darawk

darawk Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Are you saying that 2C-I is addictive, dangerous, or both? I recently experimented with 2C-I for his first time, and though he did attempt to gather as much information as possible, he never read of anything suggesting 2C-I was chemically addictive, or had common serious side effects(which isn't to say that it doesn't, just that there are none known, that I am aware of, other than a few mentions here and there of blood clotting issues).

EDIT: SWIM just noticed a mention of an interaction with Wellbutrin on wikipedia regarding 2C-I. Does anyone else think this might imply some sort of dopaminergic activity for 2C-I?

8. renegades

renegades Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    The worst is AMT, such a body load and a uncomfortable feelings, 5meo-dmt is second, because swim blacks out sometimes finding herself on the floor when she awakens - scarey. The safest is probably 2C-C which seems to have no unpleasant experiences, other safe compounds are the DOxs, 2c-b, 2c-i 2c-e 2c-n, 5meo-dpt, 5meo-dipt, 5meo-dalt, 5meo-mipt, mipt. Other more dangerous would be 5meo-amt, dmt, and mixing alcohol with a RC, or combining RCs.

9. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    2C-T-7, 2C-T-2, DOB and 5 MEO-DIPT come to mind as being having been implicated in deaths, either snorted or taken rectally. I have even read an account of someone snorting 2C-C, which seems quite mild, and having convulsions.

Which RC's can really be considered safe? They are relatively unknown in effects. Any of them could kill you taken in sufficient amounts, but so can aspirin.

10. Rush

Rush Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from switzerland
    I thought(mine are only theories:) ) DOx compounds to be the most dangerous(lenght of exp, low dose,hallucinations), followed by alpha series(amt,5me,aet)

I've learned in this forum(thanks to alpha!) that 2C-x compound dont depletes the brain'sneurotransmitters, so now i consider them safer(compared to others, i mean)

DMT and 5meoDMT are the safest in my opinion...they are already in our brains!

11. renegades

renegades Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Depends on swims scale. DOx can be dangerous only if I do not have a scale, but all swims who do Research Chemicals own a scale. True, DOx does last 20 hours swim gets more bang for swims buck and yes I do see hallicuinations but they are very friendly visions full of color, music sounds as though I had just drop a 100-150 micrograms of acid. DOx is a remarkable compounds that mimic acid's hallicunations. I have down DOx (DOC, DOB, DOI) over 100 times now so swim concludes it is only dangerous if swim don't weigh it properly, true for the 2c-x and alpha series too. They all will f*ck you up if you take too much and I would not have a pleasant time. Secret - Take 30 mg of Remeron 45 minutes before bed wash it down with a few beers and swim can fall asleep in the 10th hour of the trip and it does not matter how high I am on DOx he will sleep eight hours.

12. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Another vote for 5meoAMT. TFMPP deserves an honerable mention. Seems to swim the same little demon with a jackhammer is invoked to chisel at my brain with both substances. TFMPP,BZP,mCPP and mPP combination was probably the worst headache I have ever experienced. It felt like SWIM's head was gonna explode! 5meoAMT was similar, though the frequent projectile vomiting and diarrhea distracted from the headache a bit...
    Funny, but one of my favorites is AMT.

13. joechip666

joechip666 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I have seen many anecdotal reports which would suggest that 2C-I is used much too frequently by some of its users. SWIM does not mean to suggest that it has the same sort of physical addiction potential of e.g. heroin or alcohol but rather seems to be mildly habit forming in at least some users. This may have been because of availability and accessibility issues (for a while, it was one of the easiest RC's to obtain without having great connections), so perhaps less experienced psychonauts gravitated toward and abused this one. It may also be related though to its stimulant-like properties and have attracted those with a propensity for stimulant abuse.

14. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    ISO, mostly the latter. It's people taking it in high doses and/or for prolonged periods of time that puts them at risk... think I remember reading that the actual toxicity of MDPV is extremely low (this from its primary designer, posted on another forum).

P.S. clinical depression and even psychosis are non-trivial risks as well, but again closely correlated to MDPV's addictiveness and compulsivity. Going on high-dose extended 'runs' of any stimulant is likely to cause problems eventually.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  15. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    MDPV is pretty non-toxic in reasonable doses. The comedown is unnoticable and the effects taper gradually. It is only with complusive use that is extracts a price, and even then less than other stimulants. not good due to addictive potential, but there is worse...

16. Rush

Rush Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from switzerland
    now I think AET is the most harmuful:it causes agranulocytosis!
    also MDPV can be hard on kidneys and liver.

17. genaro

genaro Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I heard many bad things about 5-meo-dpt

other than that, insufflated 2C's (especially 2C-T's) can go quite wrong (see below).

Oral 2C-T-7 Dosages (from erowid): Heavy dose is 25 - 60 mg

Insufflated 2C-T-7 Dosages (from erowid): Heavy dose is 7 - 25 + mg

insufflated 2C-T-7 cases of death:
    Fatality no.1 at ~ 35 mg
    Fatality no.2 at 30 -35 mg

as you can see, when insufflating the compound, death isn't very close to the highest end of heavy dose
    ....and half the maximum oral heavy dose is possibly a lethal dose if insufflated

A drug which caused fatalities whith a few 5 milligrams over the heavy dose is a very dangerous product to my opinion

Also note that heavy dose insufflated is 7 to 25mg, that's a HUGE difference, meaning that people react quite differently to the stuff, which makes it even more dangerous to dose.

ps: I has experience with 2c-t-2 insufflated, and had freaky toxicity symptoms from it (severe pain in the whole body when suddenly vomiting violently, delirium, nerves extremities tingling..)

Conclusion is quite simple: do not insufflate 2C's

18. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    5-MeO-Pyr-T?

19. Isochrist

Isochrist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.S.A.
    Yet another vote for 5-MeO-AMT. Horrible stuff.

5-MeO-DET doesn't have a very good reputation either, I believe shulgin described it as a "torture pyschadelic", and I've yet to see a positive report of it anywhere online.

20. trip.more

trip.more Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would say 5-MeO-AMT is this best candidate, I amn't all that fond of 5-MeO-DIPT either.I would use these compounds again at low dosages.