Mothers milk

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by Chaote, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was reading a recipe for mothers milk and it calls for the weeed and marijuana to simmer together idealy over night, but would the milk still absorb THC if it was cold, cor lukewarmsih? Would I just have to leave it longer? any pointers would be great

2. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Mother's Milk? What is that?

I am guessing that it is Pot and Milk (correct me, if I'm wrong).

IF it has Milk in it, the fat in the Milk will absorb the THC and Cannabinoids.

A simple recipe: A cup of Whole Milk, and (up to) half-an-ounce of ground-up Pot. Let it sit at Room Temperature for 12 hours or so. Strain. Gulp some down. Wait a while. Wow!

If you wish to heat it up, this will quicken the absorption process (and, maybe, remove a tiny-bit more of the goodies). But, to my mind (not having tried it though), simmering it for several hours seems counter-productive (possibly over-scalding the Milk).

3. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks Solidly, i juts realised i put let the weed and marijuana i meant weed and milk, thanks again

4. trish

trish Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I dont think that temperature has anything to do with it. Milk has fat in it cold, hot, and luke warm. Fat is all you need haha.

5. Motorhead

Motorhead Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    45 y/o from Canada
    From what i gather temp has nothing to do with it. But i like the sounds of this bhaang stuff. I am gonna mix up a batch this summer hopefully. He's going to get some chocalate syrup and try out 'Chocolate Bhaang'. He hasnt heard of anyone trying this yet. He's guessing its going to be yummy in the tummy.:)

6. Roll_Light_Smoke

Roll_Light_Smoke Newbie

Reputation Points:
    u could add the milk to tea. mmmmmm i must try that

7. scotty6435

scotty6435 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've done this but simmered it for approx 15 minutes (half cup of whole milk and a gram or so of finely ground bud) then sieved. I added some coffee and hot chocolate to mask the flavour but it tasted like eating a nug, it was terrible! I was using some pretty skunky stuff which probably made the difference as I didn't have the same problem with brick weed. The drink gave me a strong body stone for approx 4 hours with vague stoned-ness for another 3.
    It's quick and effective but brownies are a much better way to cook with weed.

8. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    but dont you think warming it might be a little necessary, i mean look when you make brownies with oil, you need to heat it for a little bit. same with butter... just my .02

Muirner