Mucuna Pruriens a sex booster?

Discussion in 'Sex and Drugs' started by Nicaine, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    The herb Mucuna Pruriens is apparently high in L-Dopa. Anyone here ever tried it as a sexual enhancer? SWIM hesitates due to its nicotine content (which he was addicted to and quit, so even a small nicotine constituent could potentially lead him back to tobacco).

2. Snowman

Snowman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've tried it but the stuff I had didn't show any effects, maybe I'll try another brand later.

Did Kanna work as sex booster for you btw.? Kanna is euphoric for about 1 hour, after that hour it's sedative. The euporia is imho nothing worthwhile, the sedative stage is a powerfull sex enhancer. Next stuff I'm gonna try.

3. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Nope, I have never gotten much of anything worthwhile from kanna. Occasional mild euphoria, some feeling of sickness in the stomach, that's about it. Maybe he never used enough, or something.

4. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Kanna was not a sexual enhancer for SWIM, and SWIM also found that eating it caused a really bad wave of nausea. I like a little with other smoked herb to enhance effect, but that's about it.
    I have some extract that I want to try out sometime. Will give it a shot soon and report back.
    Snowman, did You try an extract or plant material?

5. Snowman

Snowman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Maybe it don't work for You or You should just try again for this purpose, the effect don't have to be much more than subtile from the get go but it might build up! It's however important to wait until the euphoria settles and the sedation kicks in as the sedation is where Kanna's magic is. The other thing SWIM enjoys while on Kanna is very slow and silent music, e.g. Alicia Keys. For SWIM Kanna is as valuable as Kratom and Ashwaganda![SIZE=-1]

6. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Snowman, how do You use kanna (snort, smoke or eat) and what dose ?

7. acolon_5

acolon_5 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Maryland, U.S.A.
    I have tried Muria Puama and has found that 2.5-4grams put directly into gel caps helps with both erection and orgasm. Mainly orgasm, but there is definitely a big difference after taking it, doubt it to be placebo either. Take a few grams of the raw herb, don't get it from a vitamin shop.

8. Snowman

Snowman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Eat either 1 or 2 gelcaps on empty stomach, You also tried to boil it ten minutes with water and also boil with alcohol to make it work faster. Anyway even on empty stomach it takes however time until the sedation kicks in. You is also hoping some kanna is much more potent then other because you's last (third) batch was rather unspectacular, in two weeks I will experiment with 2 new kanna batches.

9. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Gawd - even with a 3rd of a 00 gelcap, I am knocked over by the nausea, esp. on an empty stomach. I would have liked this plant were it not for that - and I tried to use regularly to see if I got used to it ! For those monkeys that have not tried, start lower than 2 gelcaps so if the nausea occurs, it won't be too bad.

10. betsym

betsym Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim likes both Maria Puima and Macuna Pruriens. She found that it increased the blood flow to the genitals and increased libido as well. I am definitely going to keep these two on her list of sex supplements. Within an hour of taking these, I was ready to hump the nearest doorknob. Swim happened to find a product containing both of these supplements in one formula. Since it increased sensitivity, orgasms were very intense. These supplements seem to last all day as well. The formula I use doesn't seem to promote nausea but, since it is a combination, there are probably smaller amounts of each one in it, making them work more together and cause less nausea than either by themselves in higher doses. Swim intends to conduct an experiment where certain subjects will try plugging the capsules to see if there is an even greater response and this could also decrease the nausea for those experiencing it since that route bypasses the stomach. Swim will get back with a report on that soon.

11. spatchcock86

spatchcock86 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Florida, U.S.A.
    I have a 25% L-dopa Mucuna extract powder that he got free with an recent Kratom order. Hes been taking 4-5grams a day as a single dose. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it actually has effects that can be felt. Mild stimulation, feelings of well being, increased motivation, and a warm feeling throughout the body. Orgasm was also considerably enhanced.

To SWIM it feels like a more powerful version of Ginseng with much more noticeable psychoactive effects. I will be ordering again. =-)

12. Awolowa

Awolowa Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I heard the L-Dopa is destroyed with heat, so safer not to heat the velvet bean.

I used it for a couple of three month cycles. The first cycle I had noticeable effects... It's not magic, but it's noticeable. More horsepower. :)

The second cycle, I noticed much less. This can be due to many things. My batch of mucuna may not be as good, I developed tolerance, or maybe it was all placebo effect... after all, I'm suspecting that I'm pretty suggestible when it comes to sex.

So now I'm trying a third cycle. So I'll give it at least a week before I start having opinions... this time I'm hoping to also get some more horsepower for athletics, not just sexual.

13. Cousin Merle

Cousin Merle Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I need to go back and try mucuna again. I didn't get much from it a couple years ago, but I only tried it a few times.

For me, great sexual enhancers are red panax ginseng and kanna (sceletium tortuosum), especially when used together. Really jump-starts the sex drive and improves performance.