mucuna pruriens (l-dopa)

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by jimbojones, Jan 12, 2007.

1. jimbojones

jimbojones Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I was wondering if anyone else had an experience with above to help with comedown, tolerence or general wellbeing when on amphetamines i.e should it be taken as a regular supplement or before or after an amphetamine session? (please note I am in the u.k. and its NOT meth here but good old fashioned base) any advice welcome:eek:

2. blinkKDX

blinkKDX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    if You would look at a post right below, I posted something that could be useful to swiy.....

3. jimbojones

jimbojones Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I look forward to hearing about swiblinkKDX's experience's - I has purchased some mucuna pruriens and will be sure to keep a log of use and effects and post for others to hopefully gain some info. Any advice on l-dopa still welcome if anyone else has any experience.

4. tayo

tayo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think that just a small handful is enough to feel good, w/o side effects. I had afew grams of leaf in tea and it made SWIM feel much better from opiate withdrawal effects (late stage, 7th 8th day since withdrawals began), thank god. Was not expecting that. SWIM also found it useful to restore well-being levels after dextroamphetamine use.

5. HorseBox

HorseBox Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from antigua_and_barbuda
    The two main neurotransmitters that amphetamine causes to be released are dopamine and norepinephrine, it forces them out of the synaptic vesicles so I'm guessing using amphetamine causes depletion of these neurotransmitters. l-dopa is metabolised into dopamine and dopamine into norepinephrine so if neurotransmitter depletion cause amphetamine comedown, then l-dopa should theoretically remedy the comedown symptoms. In the body, l-dopa in synthesised from tyrosine and tyrosine from phenylalanine. Tyrosine isn't the only thing that is made from phenylalanine though, a small amount of available phenylalanine is used to make phenethylamine which is a neurotransmitter itself. I don't know whether amp use depletes phenethylamine or not though.