1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Muira Puama

Discussion in 'Sex and Drugs' started by matti_2003, May 13, 2006.

1. matti_2003

matti_2003 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Anyone had any experience with Muira Puama, also known as Ptychopetalum olacoides. What was your dosage, did you take bark, a powdered extract in a capsule or a tincture.
    Thanks

2. Snowman

Snowman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It works well, it's stimulating like kratom or cocaine, dose can be 2-5 gram powder. If you take it everyday it gets stronger everyday, after 3-4 days you get over-stimulation, very horny and loose much sleep, it causes insomnia, simply stays to long in the system, I stopped using it because of that.

3. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, SWIM gave this one a shot finally and does not feel any more stimulated or horny. I have swallowed 1.5 g of an extract tar so far (very reputable vendor, though I plan to try the raw material just to be sure) and not a hind of an effect.
    I have read that this product is high in L-dopa, so maybe I am just dopamine depleted and will become a normal person again ?

I will try again sometime at a higher inital dose. Maybe it is a weak extract. I have heard it is synergistic with catuaba bark, so I will try to track some of that down.
    Any other experiences with either ?

4. betsym

betsym Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Muira Puama is one of swim's favorite libido boosters. It makes me very very horny and passionate. Catuaba bark was also in swim's formula and she likes that as well. I took her formula in a capsule that contained several other libido-boosting supplements. Macuna Pruriens contains L-dopa and was also in the formula. I find this formula to work well and make her into a wild woman. It seems to have the same effect on men also. It could be that snapper needs a bigger dosage or use a combination for greater effects.

5. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Perhaps a combination. In irritation at the lack of effects, I took about 5 g of extract, and still nothing. It's also supposed to be a mild stimulant, and none of that either. I will try a different source and see if it is just the batch and will get raw plant material too ...
    Betsym, has Muira Puama alone worked for you, or only in combo ?

6. betsym

betsym Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Snapper, Muira Puama alone has worked for me but I like to take one product with everything combined. Swim can tell You which one if you send a PM. Swim's favorite product has several things like the Muira Puama, all working together toward the same goal.