Muscle Growth Still Possible ?

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by vasek, Apr 18, 2005.

1. vasek

vasek Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi all, I've read some post I found this forum very instructive.

First, let's clarify the speed thing. Here in Canada we call it Speed, Pills, Candy... I'm not talking about meth, xtc nor coke here.

I post today because I took Speed yesterday and found this morning that I lost 5 pound (in one day).

I already took Speed before but I was not really worried of my weight and all that esthetic stuff. I do Bodybuilding intensively for 2 month now and Every aspect of my look, especialy Muscles and global Weight are very important to me.

Taking 5 or even 3 pounds is a real GOOD thing in Bodybuilding and I can be hard sometime. I know that Speed cut the appetite off but I was wondering If it is also burning muscle ?

You know... I REALLY need to know the truth on that because I know I can force myself to take meals while taking speed, but I would not take speed at all if I knew that speed "inevitably" makes you lost weight or burn your muscles, for some chemical reasons.

And if that's the case (that speed will makes me loose weight or burn my muscles even If I eat 3-4 meals while on Speed), would you please suggest me another Stimulent drugs, whitout the negative effect of weight lost or muscles burning. (ex; coke etc..)

2. akcom

akcom Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I've been told that amphetamines are very catabolic, using your body
    for energy regardless of whether its from muscle or fat.
    Unfortunately I'm unaware of any less catabolic stimulants :(

3. Unsolved

Unsolved Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    As the members of meso and a lot of the other boards will tell you is that you def should avoid speed, adderall, a lot of caffine, or anything that acts as they do when trying to put on mass. This will hurt your gains tremendously[/u]. The reason being because it now only kills your appetite which puts your body in a state of catabolism but they also ramp up metabolism, a very bad thing for bodybuilders. The body actually burns fat and muscle to compenstate for energy. You prob lost a lot of water too but no doubt you got rid of some muscle mass, but if I were you I would stay away for any of this stuff in the future if you like your msucle.

4. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I take it for my ADD, do you think it has the same effect, im not
    hungry on it, well not as much as usual, but i always eat.

5. Unsolved

Unsolved Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    It might have some effect on muscle growth because of the increase in metabolism, with a daily dose. What you have to remember is that the recreational dose( enough to tweak) and the theraputic dose that is perscribed are two different things. Without a doubt meth is the worest out of all of them it is a way more powerful drug in every way.

6. variation

variation Newbie

Reputation Points:
    it's still possible, amount of fat:muscle ratio loss will largely
    depend on your nutrition, high protein/moderate carb/small amount of
    omega 3/6 fats... and can even supplement with 7-keto to combat
    cortisol, which is what alot of the reason for catabolism is.
    supplementation with l-tyrosine isn't a bad idea to keep
    adrenaline/noradrenaline/dopamine levels normal, because amphetamine
    use will deplete these.

7. invictvs

invictvs Newbie

Reputation Points:
    When you really start researching this on a bio-molecular level (really nerdy shit) it becomes clear the body is desperately tyring to keep things how it currently is (homeostasis).

Outside of homeostasis the body is in either an anabolic mode, or catabolic mode. This is why bodbuilders,despiteusing insane amounts of hormones and drugs stillhaveto go through a"Mass" mode, gaining muscle with preferably as little fat as possible, or in a "Cutting" mode losing fat the whole time trying desperately to hold on to the muscle gained in the mass phase.

The averageperson can lose fat and gain muscle at first because the body was in such bad shape, after that there is no way around this paradox. If drugs were the answer the human guinea pigs that are bodbuilders would have found it by now.