Opinions - muscle relaxant properties of ambien (Zolpidem): Alternatives?

Discussion in 'Downers and sleeping pills' started by Kristy, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Kristy

Kristy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    silly I have been taking Ambien for over a month now (not actually prescribed) and enjoys how it relaxes the muscles slightly.

the ambien will be finished soon, is there anything SWIM can take that has good muscle relaxing properties instead??

I have an order of Kava Kava on the way, will that help??

I dont want anything 'habit forming' anymore......

2. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    Yes, Kava helps (altho I feel its effects are overblown... maybe he hasn't had the good stuff tho).

3. shiznat

shiznat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    53 y/o
    cyclobenzapr 10mg tab.bingo!!same as flexeril.its easy to get from the doc.just say You has back spasms at night when trying to sleep.it has drowsey side effects but other than that seems to be a very benign drug.goes well with DHC .if both are taken together in a responsible way ie:1-10/325 vicodine and 1-10mg tab of cyclobenzapr,add a small piece of dark chocolate .the fat will help the abosorbsion of the hydro a nice dreamy state with expectations of cozy sleep are in swiys future.the kicker here is sparingly.both drugs work well the first time taken but tolerance builds quickly.take this combo only when truly needed and it should serve You well. shiz...ps.an empty stomach is a plus when taking DHC.

4. Kristy

Kristy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thanks. I dont take opiates tho.

5. shiznat

shiznat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    53 y/o
    cyclobenzapr ie:flexeril works just as well alone.not taking opiates unless prescribed for pain relief is a wise decision..shiz..

6. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Kava~Kava should not be under-rated. If one allows the mind to relax, which Kava facilitates, one can easily will the body to follow. It's just not as forced as the pharmaceuticals.

Tell your uptight Mastodon to give it a try!