Experiences - Mushroom + MAOI Trip Reports

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by fnord, Apr 9, 2007.

1. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    anyone had much experiance?swim read that it doubles the trip so 3.5 grams would feel like 7 grams.is this true or does it only potentiate some aspects but not others?

2. Zee

Zee Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: maoi + mushrooms experiences/reports

From what I have read about MAOI's and psilocybin is that the trip can become potentially deadly. Not sure if that's what you were meaning about 'doubling' the trip, but You should definitely get the facts before experimenting.

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

Please cite the sources of this information. Just saying "read about..." does not do it. Cite the souce(s). Thank you.

4. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands

I'd be most amazed if you would be able to substantiate that claim.

5. Zee

Zee Newbie

Reputation Points:

From the Psilocybin Mushroom Handbook (Easy Indoor & Outdoor Cultivation) by L.G. Nicholas and Kerry Ogame. (Copyright 2006).

"If you are currently taking monoamine oxidase medications of any kind, you should not ingest psilocybin (or any psychadelics, for that matter). These drugs are designed to deactivate the human enzyme system responsible for the metabolism of many drugs and common food toxins. With MAO inactive, compounds of the body would otherwise degrade can have unpredictable and potentially dangerous effects. If you are taking MAO inhibitors for depression (their most common indication), you will need to wait until you have stopped taking them before experimenting with psilocybin."

This book is easily found on Amazon and Ebay. Hope this clarifies. The text goes on to talk about an Amazonian brew called, "ayahuasca," which combines MAO inhibiting affects with the vine Bannisteriopsis caapi which is a typtomine containing plant. I don't even understand all this. So just be careful if You wants to shroom with MAOI's. That's all SWIM's saying. :smoker:

6. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
  7. donkey rhubarb

donkey rhubarb Newbie

Reputation Points:

I have experimented with gummihuasca with great success (drinking 1L of black currant juice before the mushrooms). I had .3 gr dry and 9 gr wet (2 mushrooms) with amazing, intense and dark results that was reminiscent of a 5 to 6 gr dry.

I know black currant is a rather touchy subject with some. Also the psychedelic experience is very subjective so who knows...

8. donkey rhubarb

donkey rhubarb Newbie

Reputation Points:

I am considering experimenting with either cappi or a p. harmala extract. my FOAF has a 3.5 of mushrooms and can't decided if she would be better off eating the 3.5 grams at once or possibly 2 or 2.5 then eating the rest with tea from 30 grms of cappi and some p. harmala extract. If any swimmers have experience of suggestions my ears are open...

9. chAos

chAos Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from belgium
    I have taken the MAOI mushroom combo many times, usually with syrian rue. It certainly intensifys the trip. Swim remebers a party with some friends, everyone took mushrooms and swim and another one also took syrian rue. Swim and the other one layed down on the ground, eyes closed, while the other people were still able to move and to some extend talk :). This was the first time my friend took a MAOI and he was impressed :).

I would suggest taking the MAOI about 30 minutes - 1 hour before taking the mushrooms. Swim can't suggest a dose for the mushrooms :), in case You want's to trip way harder as ever before, take a normal dose :). In case I don't want to trip harder as ever before, don't touch MAOI or do a low amount of musrhooms with it, but I don't really see the point in that.

A maoi is dangerous with a lot of substances (food/drugs) so make sure You reads about it before trying it.

You can PM me if you have any questions.

I am rather sure it's safe (if the users watches what he eats), otherwise it wouldn't be sold legally in smart shops.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2009
  10. jbone456

jbone456 Newbie

Reputation Points:

A report of combining caapi and fresh mushrooms:

The experience was described as overwhelmingly good, telepathic, aphrodisiac and sexual. Let me emphasize on the words telepathic and sexual.

The variety of psilocybe that grows on the cow dung on the Big Island of Hawaii was used to make a tea. A large amount of freshly picked mushrooms were used and the tea was described as somewhat delicious(with the addition of honey of course.) A small amount of dried, homegrown caapi leaves were added to the tea to sort of instill the spirit of the vine into the mushroom tea.

Then, much later in the experience, a red/orange colored powdered caapi vine bark that was also homegrown was smoked. The effects of the caapi manifested instantly and visions of viney energies riding the upward draft of mushroom shaped psilocybin molecules were seen by at least one person. The vine MAOIs rode the tryptamines and synergized beautifully with them.

There was no negativity in the experience at all whatsoever. It was said to "remind [SWIM] that [SWIM] is standing on spaceship earth." There was much talk of telepathic communication between people, being overwhelmed by a sense of "remembering who [SWIM] am," very sexual and sensual feelings between members of the opposite sex and being taken over by some sort of ancient intelligence that enabled the bodies under the influence to dance in ways that were not learned in life- but more of a sacred, remembered way of being in the body. Everyone had an excellent experience- it was a first time with mushrooms for more 3 of the participants(5 partook altogether).

Also, the next day, those who partook were profoundly refreshed and energized. There seemed to be no sort of hangover often present with mushrooming late into the night.

From the detailed account that was provided to me, it seems like this combination of mushrooms and vine was very repeatable and GOOD. Also, it was mentioned that the partakers beleived the fact that they picked the mushrooms together, then experienced them not even a mile away from where they were picked, together, were both factors in the experience. Also all sources of caapi were grown and prepared by the partakers.

It seems as though this particular combination is quite good, but I have not experienced it first hand. The partakers were all very close friends of mine and all overflowed when they told me of the experience the night before.

Thank you for reading. I hope some of you find this interesting.

11. glassfrog

glassfrog Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    since psilicybin and psilocin, the active ingredients in mushrooms, are DMT derivatives it should work similar to ayahuasca. it might work as a tea with nutmeg, since it contains myristicin a non-selective MAOI, at a 1g:.2g shroom:nutmeg ratio. this is assuming the mushrooms are 1% psilocybin/psilocin and the nutmeg is 5% myristicin.